Rapoport: Cardinals trading out of #3 very very likely

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The two most important positions now on an NFL team is franchise QB/Elite pass rusher. I would not trade with anyone but Indy because getting Will Anderson is that important
Well, I don’t agree.

actually I am getting the feeling we will trade down to 7 or 9 and pick carter.

Jakester

Rookie
Reaction score
Another one spot trade back?
You must be registered for see images attach
That's honestly such a ridiculously good haul to move back one spot even if Ryan Leaf was supposed to be this great QB prospect (he obviously wasn't). If they could get something even half as good from the Colts we would all have to be thrilled.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's honestly such a ridiculously good haul to move back one spot even if Ryan Leaf was supposed to be this great QB prospect (he obviously wasn't). If they could get something even half as good from the Colts we would all have to be thrilled.

If somehow (but I think unlikely) that Stroud/Young not picked up with the first two picks, we could get a pretty dang good haul that would probably be relatively close to this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Naw it's not loaded.

It was an actual choice that the Cardinals made.

Rice was a fantastic pass rusher. If Anderson is as good as Rice, we will be ecstatic.

But the difference between an elite edge vs an elite LT is that an elite LT gives you more overall value. They win way more often than an elite edge does.

LOL Mandarich vs Thomas? That's a completely different equation. One was a monumental bust. I at least provided a choice between a near HOF edge vs a HOF LT, and a choice that the Cardinals actually made.

Calling Rice an okay pass rusher is ridiculous. He was fantastic.
Chose two guys chosen near top of their draft like you did at the two positions. Also cherry picked one where the passrusher was obviously better than the LT like you did in the reverse.

No team in the league would choose the best left tackle over Derrick Thomas.

And It doesn’t matter if the LT wins more often than the passrusher. He has to be nearly flawless to ensure his team wins the game. A passrusher can only win 3 times and ensure his team wins the game. Which is more valuable? The guy who has the bigger impact on fewer wins.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ouchie... come on dude. Simeon was an "okay" pass-rusher? he was one of the best pass rushers of his era.

that said, there is NO ONE CLOSE to Jonathan Ogden in this draft so making the comparison as if that's what we're looking at here doesn't make sense either. not sure if that's whats happening as I skimmed this.

and I think both you and krang are cacca-doo-doo heads.
Yeah I understated rice. But the point I was making was it’s easy to try to win an argument picking a HOF tackle and comparing him to a lesser passrusher (rice was a very good passrusher but he wasn’t a HOFer). It’s why I chose an exaggerated version by choosing mandarich, who went two choices before Derrick Thomas to Thomas, a HOFer.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I don’t agree.

actually I am getting the feeling we will trade down to 7 or 9 and pick carter.
Don’t agree? I thought you learned your lesson with Reddick already.

I’m not sure you’ve been keeping up. Why would we trade to 9 when Chicago is sticking with Fields?

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
News that Ryan Kelley...a guy that could fill a big hole for the Cards is available is not a coincidence.

He is the type of player that we could get in a trade down 1 spot with the colts...and be pretty happy about it.

I would put this trade out there for the Colts right now:

#3 for #4, #34, 2024 3rd round pick, Ryan Kelly and Kenny Moore

Ryan Kelly is a very good center under contract for 2 more years. Kenny Moore is a good CB under contract for 2023....neither guy is a long term commitment, but are still young enough where they could be extended if we like what we see.

With #4 we still draft Anderson.

with #34 we should be able to draft a starting caliber CB.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
From ColtsWire/USA today

POLL: Should the Colts trade for No. 3 pick in draft?​

You must be registered for see images attach

It appears the Colts GM is on record against trading up one pick to secure a QB

btw the poll at the bottom (of presumably Colts fans) has about 65% of the voters being against trading up one spot

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
News that Ryan Kelley...a guy that could fill a big hole for the Cards is available is not a coincidence.

He is the type of player that we could get in a trade down 1 spot with the colts...and be pretty happy about it.

I would put this trade out there for the Colts right now:

#3 for #4, #34, 2024 3rd round pick, Ryan Kelly and Kenny Moore

Ryan Kelly is a very good center under contract for 2 more years. Kenny Moore is a good CB under contract for 2023....neither guy is a long term commitment, but are still young enough where they could be extended if we like what we see.

With #4 we still draft Anderson.

with #34 we should be able to draft a starting caliber CB.
They aren’t giving up all that

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Ryan Kelly and#4 n #34 would be more than enough…. I doubt they’d give up more… if they’re even willing to trade at all
I still believe Colts will call the Cards bluff & not swap picks! It’s the Cardinal way lol

What if the Texans cause complete chaos & sign Lamar Jackson & the Ravens don’t match, thus forfeiting their 2 first rounders? Chaossss

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Might be slightly injury prone, but All he does is win.

He's a game manager, a good one but isn't going to win any shoot outs.

And he is more than slightly injury prone.

I agree that there is no chance the Raiders trade up. But I don't get this signing... Jimmy G is remarkably similar to Derek Carr... only if Carr was made of glass.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He's a game manager, a good one but isn't going to win any shoot outs.

And he is more than slightly injury prone.

I agree that there is no chance the Raiders trade up. But I don't get this signing... Jimmy G is remarkably similar to Derek Carr... only if Carr was made of glass.
I still believe he’s way underrated as a QB. He still wins 70% of the games he plays in, thus making more than a game manager imo. The Raiduhs just upgraded their QB position no ifs, ands or buts about it!