Bears Trade #1 Pick to Panthers

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not really great compensation, IMO. But, uh, who does Carolina have at WR? Terrace Marshall Jr? Am I wrong? Not a great time to move up for a QB and be completely stuck in a bad receiving class with no assets.

Edit: Kinda rethinking the overall compensation. I guess it's pretty solid. But that's a big drop, and then to not get many more picks this year? Hm.

But if Fields sucks and the Panthers whiff on the pick, maybe the Bears find themselves in prime territory for a top QB next year with some incredible options.
I was thinking the same thing. They need another 2nd at least.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to be on the phone with every GM of a team that could potentially be taking a QB, and telling them the only path that guarantees them their guy is to get us #4.

Even if Indy wants a QB, they should be paying a ransom.
yup. not moving out of what could be a coveted QB pick for a 3rd. A good GM should be able to get more there.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’d feel a helluva lot better trading down if we knew Anderson was going to Indy not Seattle though..

???

1. Indy could trade up to #2 to ensure they get QB#2. If Houston signs Garrapolo, as speculated, they may be willing to move to #4, where they can pick QB#3 or a position player.

2. Indy trades with the Cards to protect against the Cards trading with Vegas for a QB at #3.

In either scenario, we get Anderson.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
???

1. Indy could trade up to #2 to ensure they get QB#2. If Houston signs Garrapolo, as speculated, they may be willing to move to #4, where they can pick QB#3 or a position player.

2. Indy trades with the Cards to protect against the Cards trading with Vegas for a QB at #3.

In either scenario, we get Anderson.
Trading back when you have a particular QB you want is real dumb.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Trading back when you have a particular QB you want is real dumb.

They possibly could have 2 QBs rated the same or so close that they feel QB X with some extra picks is better than QB Y with no picks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still fancy Vegas for the trade back. Got to factor in that of all the options Monti and Ziegler are buddies.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This is how you end up with Josh Rosen.

I don't follow. We traded up for Rosen not down.

I am not a big believer in this QB class overall and I doubt a lot separates the potential of Stroud Vs Richardson...if that is who they have at 2a & 2b

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What about a deal that includes a player like Drake London or Jeffrey Simmons?
I don’t see why either team would give up any of those players, but still no to London. Maybe yes with Simmons.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DJ Moore QBs

Bad Cam Newton
Bridgewater
Darnold
Mayfield
PJ Walker
Justin Fields

Yet still puts up 1000+ every year
Ehhh decent WRs put up 1000 yard seasons with bad QBs all the time. It’s definitely nothing new in The NFL. In fact most bad teams are usually playing from behind and throwing more often. Not really some great barometer imo.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DJ Moore QBs

Bad Cam Newton
Bridgewater
Darnold
Mayfield
PJ Walker
Justin Fields

Yet still puts up 1000+ every year
In a 17 game season, is 1000 yards really the baseline for excellence? I’m not arguing against your point just how greatness is measured. I feel the same about rushing

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a 17 game season, is 1000 yards really the baseline for excellence? I’m not arguing against your point just how greatness is measured. I feel the same about rushing
There is that too… 58 yards a game woohooo….. I didn’t think 1000 should be the barometer for greatness at 16 games either. 1200 seems like the number imo.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor DJ Moore

Dude he'll get to block for Justin fields on runs, and... Fields actually got better throwing the ball last year but honestly i think that's the kind of Wr the Bears probably needed to get, you can't go get a D Hop or someone like that because Fields just isn't good enough throwing the ball to make it cost effective. So get a guy like Moore who's good but not "elite".