Free Agency

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm surprised we haven't cut Golden or Gardeck yet. Both are fringe starters and free up about $6m.
What about Ertz? His cap number the following year (2024) is $12m. That would be clean off if they cut him this year. What do we expect from him next season on the field?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think Thomas is a better fit in a 4-3 than a 3-4 so I am happy about him. Sanders is trickier but I think he will contribute.
You think Thomas can become at least what Zach Allen is now? They just seem like similar players to me, and Thomas might have more upside

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about Ertz? His cap number the following year (2024) is $12m. That would be clean off if they cut him this year. What do we expect from him next season on the field?
You only save $2 million by cutting him this year. He's $10 million in dead money vs $12 million if he plays. We have an out after next season. We'd save $8 million cutting him after next season.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
"OBJ is still looking for $20M per year; it's hard to imagine him getting that without proving himself first."

His precipitation precedes him.