DJ Humphries restructure - per Field Yates.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is great news. SOMETHING POSITIVE, and gaining a little good mojo now.

Lets see them re-sign Allen, and go out and get a true center or guard.

Baby steps

They still have $9m ish from the incoming Hopkins trade to free up also.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Humphries has no guaranteed money left after this year.

His cap hit increased to $22.75m the next 2 years but he can be cut or traded with no dead money.

Might make a tackle even more of a priority in the draft.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Restructuring D-Hop could get us more money. If we had an aggressive owner, we'd probably be re-tooling at this point.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This would be a very bad idea, likely leaving us with dead DHop money after he's gone. Trading him is the best decision for the team.
Have you seen the rest of the NFC? The teams, the QB's?

You're worried about decisions multiple years in the future, what about the next couple years?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don't think he's gonna restructure before a trade. His cap number, along with his unwillingness to remain in AZ is fueling the trade.
If we offer him the guaranteed money he wants, I bet he'd sing a different tune.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we offer him the guaranteed money he wants, I bet he'd sing a different tune.
I would tend to agree. Although, when you see that Gannon has been in touch with Kyler every day and hasn't talked to D-Hop at all since the hire, it makes you think Nuk isn't in our plans going forward.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I would tend to agree. Although, when you see that Gannon has been in touch with Kyler every day and hasn't talked to D-Hop at all since the hire, it makes you think Nuk isn't in our plans going forward.
It's really hard to understand...we've been a much better team with him, and the NFC is ripe for the picking.

A bold organization would seize this opportunity, restructure available money, and reload.

I feel like so much of the narrative is driven by the idea that Kyler won't be ready until mid season, which seems incredibly unrealistic to me. Would people think differently if they thought Kyler would be ready for the first game?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Have you seen the rest of the NFC? The teams, the QB's?

You're worried about decisions multiple years in the future, what about the next couple years?
Next year we won't be in the playoffs. Nuk is also not in our long-term plans, unless we have another Keim running the show. He is old, has been injured, and has been suspended. Not a good combo looking multiple seasons down the road.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Giving more guaranteed money to a 31 year old that missed 15 games the last 2 years seems like a very Keim thing to do.
Can we PLEASE stop calling everything you disagree with a Keim move? It's very tiresome at this point and totally lacks any analysis.

I think plenty of good teams would be willing to give up picks AND guaranteed money to a premium player. Are those teams all making a Keim move?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Incoming re-signing. Can't think of any other reason why they would do this with over $27m already available.

Maybe. There are a lot of roster spots to fill; it’s possible they just want to create cap flexibility before Hump goes on vacation or whatever.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we re-sign a couple of the OL who many here were mad at before free agency starts. Hard to imagine a big FA market for them.
They still have $9m ish from the incoming Hopkins trade to free up also.
Yeah. Interesting. Maybe they have to take a big deal back to make the trade happen, too.
Humphries has no guaranteed money left after this year.

His cap hit increased to $22.75m the next 2 years but he can be cut or traded with no dead money.

Might make a tackle even more of a priority in the draft.
Maybe, but we also have a developmental tackle on our roster for another year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see 4-5 rookies starting or playing 70 percent of the snaps or more.

If you take a developmental tackle, it’s prolly a late-round swing-type guy.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Next year we won't be in the playoffs.
Incredible you have that data in March!
Nuk is also not in our long-term plans, unless we have another Keim running the show.
Blah blah, any move I don't like gets the Keim stamp! (Should see who else is using this strategy...might make you rethink)
He is old, has been injured, and has been suspended. Not a good combo looking multiple seasons down the road.
Old? He's 31. Has been injured? Nothing serious or chronic. Suspended? Unfortunate, but probably in the past.

Again, our team has been much better with Nuk. I don't think you need to see the stats. Did you watch him last year? Did he shows signs of decline?

Dude is still a top 10 WR in football, and people are painting him as a geriatric malcontent.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Restructuring D-Hop could get us more money. If we had an aggressive owner, we'd probably be re-tooling at this point.
It’s really hard to do this because 50% of his current cap number is money that can’t be shifted in a restructure. If he wants $20-30 million in new money, they’re isn’t much room in the next 2-3 years.

You can’t restructure him; you can extend him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson