Durant to Suns

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want anything to do with the Clippers - that's who I am afraid of.
I’m not anymore with Westbrook on the team. He derails their defense. If we’re healthy, we’ve got them.

Although I do think they’re probably the toughest matchup for us head to head, especially if Ja is out.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
i don't think we need it. Three weeks sucks though. For me it's more about losing the jell time this team needs to be a machine.

But I think if we can stick around 5 or 6 seed, we'll be in fine shape. I have no fear of playing the Kings, who are completely inexperienced, in the first round with a healthy KD.
Exactly. As seamless as KD fits into the system you can’t just start winging it in the first round. I thought the few weeks left to go would solidify the playoff rotation and potentially get us the 2-3 seed. Now we’ll have to fight like hell to avoid the play-in. The Suns have the 2nd toughest remaining schedule.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, there is every reason to call the punditry Chicken Littles, both locally and nationally...

Re-evaluated in three weeks isn't all that different from could be 4 to 6 weeks (or remainder of season). And if the media really wants to cause a sky is falling panic amongst Suns fans, they could remind us that KD's last injury was to be evaluated after 2 weeks but he didn't play until almost 4 weeks after that initial evaluation date.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get what you mean. It’s gonna be a long three weeks. We’ll get a chance to see what this team is made of. Gonna need to bring it every night. The West is such a mess we’ve just gotta grind out wins. C’mon Book lead us!!!
Booker gets hurt then it gets bad.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Re-evaluated in three weeks isn't all that different from could be 4 to 6 weeks (or remainder of season). And if the media really wants to cause a sky is falling panic amongst Suns fans, they could remind us that KD's last injury was to be evaluated after 2 weeks but he didn't play until almost 4 weeks after that initial evaluation date.
I'm betting he is only out two weeks. The rest of it is worst case scenario/extra-cautionary/CYA disclaimer stuff... JMO.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm betting he is only out two weeks. The rest of it is worst case scenario/extra-cautionary/CYA disclaimer stuff... JMO.
I don't think so. Usually when they say reevaluated at such and such date that is the minimum time out.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Figure GSW fans aren’t batting an eye. It would be as if Damion Lee twisted his ankle and would be out for two weeks. Would suck, but wouldn’t be the back breaker that the Durant injury is

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
****, now it’s three weeks

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
not the best news in the world but certainly not the worst - team played really well last night so I'm not too worried about where we'll be in the standings. If KD can play in the playoffs we're good. I'm not even going to mention the twins by name because the trade is done and in the past - just glad the diagnosis wasn't full on gloom and despair

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
****, now it’s three weeks

I bet much of that time it precautionary. It's better than the speculated 4-6 weeks some were speculating. It's about 6 games. It's not that bad. It doesn't appear there is surgery so I bet it just depends on how well rehab/treatment goes. We will need him in the playoffs.

The worst part for me is the tickets I bought just to see him play. Now, I am going to have to pay big time in several weeks just to get a chance after spending a ton of dough for the next several home games. My buddy might be a couple games off me. So there is that.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm still in shock a day later. Thank God for 2001 D backs cause I'd be a miserable turd...even that was almost cursed! The gods sure tried!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So 2 to 3 weeks come back rdy for poffs and save suns late round 1!! Kd

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
Since 2020, when KD opted for Brooklyn, he has only been available to start 129 of a possible 246
(not counting healthy scratches for rest) games to this point in 2023. Barely over 50% in almost
3 complete regular seasons. This is concerning as a Suns' fan, imo.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ross made me eat my words with that shooting display but it was against a trash team given the fact they were without SGA/Williams. This is a huge opportunity for him these next few weeks.

TJ looks like he’s got the retirement bod…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA