Kelvin Beachum on Kyler

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
As a true supporter of Murray, I find this post very fair. Does Murray need to improve his leadership skills? Of course he does. Most 25 year olds do. Is Murray an introvert? It’s possible. Doesn’t mean an introvert cannot lead. I’m 65 & some of the best leaders I’ve met in my lifetime were introverts. People lead in many different ways. Murray is a special talent from a pure football standpoint, but Kingsbury failed miserably in helping him to develop as a whole player. We shall see how or even if Kyler will finish that development under Gannon. Until then, I’ll put my trust in the fact that Gannon has explicitly said he took this job mainly because of one man…….Kyler Murray. He’ll sink or swim based on that decision & I‘m OK with that. The sooner we find out what Kyler can be in the NFL, the better.
While I do think you're too easy on Murray, you're right on everything here.

I'd bet $100 right now that Murray will have some big time success in his future, but I would be more inclined to bet that success will be with another team.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think some people take issue when people make very definitive statements about the character of players.

What I think we should do is be fair with guys we don't really know. What is fair is to not react so strongly to very vague information.
The truth is, I haven’t said a thing about Kyler that hasn’t been said by other posters about countless other players…
But I get it. Our team dumped a quarter billion dollars on the guy. Therefore, the automatic response is to not only hope for the best, but tip-toe around larger, concerning issues…

For the record, I’m a AZ Cards fan and as such, I need my teams’ franchise QB to succeed.
But that won’t get in the way of calling it as I see it. You and others might see it differently… and that’s the way it’s always been here. We all bring our own views, opinions and perspectives.

I’ll also add that I want Kyler to succeed. And, I couldn’t possibly care any less about what he wears.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The no socks look is used by just about every young/famous person with money...haha I still wouldn't try it, if I could, because I remember how bad my shoes stunk when I did it as a kid (btw: we all did it in the 80's...Don Johnson, anyone?).
Yeah, I tried it once, looked at my pale skinny ankles, and immediately put socks on.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I'd bet $100 right now that Murray will have some big time success in his future, but I would be more inclined to bet that success will be with another team.
Already paving the way for its not Murray's fault. Blame the coaches...blame the franchise...blame everyone but Murray. MAYBE, he just isn't as good as he was once projected.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
well we knew he was the smallest qb ever drafted , unicorn, but has done well, beyond my expectations. But growing is not in the cards - I hope the run more and maximize his talent, all say the should, will, then don’t or like kliff try to trick teams with the run game. Tricks don’t work long term- gotta freaking earn it.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
As a true supporter of Murray, I find this post very fair. Does Murray need to improve his leadership skills? Of course he does. Most 25 year olds do. Is Murray an introvert? It’s possible. Doesn’t mean an introvert cannot lead. I’m 65 & some of the best leaders I’ve met in my lifetime were introverts. People lead in many different ways. Murray is a special talent from a pure football standpoint, but Kingsbury failed miserably in helping him to develop as a whole player. We shall see how or even if Kyler will finish that development under Gannon. Until then, I’ll put my trust in the fact that Gannon has explicitly said he took this job mainly because of one man…….Kyler Murray. He’ll sink or swim based on that decision & I‘m OK with that. The sooner we find out what Kyler can be in the NFL, the better.
What QB has hit his stride as a leader after the age of 25 (he will be 26 when the season starts)? Geno Smith? Kurt Warner? To say Kyler's leadership in on par with the curve of his peers is false. Blatantly false.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

If you want to define what you quantify as "big time success" I might take you up on that.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The traits you speak of aren't inherent traits. These traits are developed. Tom Brady, the greatest QB of all time has no real special traits. Sure he processes information quickly, but he has below average athletic traits and an average arm.

I'm not real hopeful that Murray will pan out now, but I largely blame the Cardinals for their handling of this situation. Murray needs structure and needs someone who can challenge him.

The Cardinals have a history of over a century of failure.
You are so right.

In my own life, I needed to be challenged. I needed a role model to look up to. Without it, I would have never morphed into the person I am today. Leadership can be taught but the subject has to "want to be taught".

This is typically very hard to convince someone to do unless that person deeply respects the person urging the change. I'm not sure Kyler deeply respects anyone in that building and I'm not sure he should at this point. The escapism of gaming and the instant feedback he gets on twitch from his followers may be all he needs to block that out and keep his headsets on. Who knows.

And of course...... Why change when you have been told your entire life how special you are and then have been rewarded all along the way with awards, and boat loads of money. He has little to no reason to work that hard other than to change the publics perception of him. And I'm just not sure he cares enough to put in the work. And why should he when Bidwill has proven himself to be a horrible NFL owner when it comes to how he treats his players, their facilities, and the leaders he has appointed below him? Kliff & Keim should have never been paid. They were paid. Kyler was paid.

This franchise is a joke. An absolute joke.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You are so right.

In my own life, I needed to be challenged. I needed a role model to look up to. Without it, I would have never morphed into the person I am today. Leadership can be taught but the subject has to "want to be taught".

This is typically very hard to convince someone to do unless that person deeply respects the person urging the change. I'm not sure Kyler deeply respects anyone in that building and I'm not sure he should at this point. The escapism of gaming and the instant feedback he gets on twitch from his followers may be all he needs to block that out and keep his headsets on. Who knows.

And of course...... Why change when you have been told your entire life how special you are and then have been rewarded all along the way with awards, and boat loads of money. He has little to no reason to work that hard other than to change the publics perception of him. And I'm just not sure he cares enough to put in the work. And why should he when Bidwill has proven himself to be a horrible NFL owner when it comes to how he treats his players, their facilities, and the leaders he has appointed below him? Kliff & Keim should have never been paid. They were paid. Kyler was paid.

This franchise is a joke. An absolute joke.
Kyler had Fitz… He has Budda… Conner… JJ Watt…
I mean, yea… the franchise has been a colossal joke. But, that should not excuse the individual from accountability and responsibility.

Again - the issue with Kyler is more than a simple tweak of attitude. He has had and still has, on the team and around the league, more than enough role models and illustrations of what it looks like to be a mature, responsible professional leader.
He has shown zero interest to date, in learning from others. Hard to see that changing, however, I really hope it does!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was a legitimate question because it’s obvious Krang’s point went way over his head. It contained no attacking of said poster.
Asking someone if they can read on a message board is rude. Obviously they can, or what is the point of being on a message board?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thay's because Burrow is a better quarterback.

He is, but that doesn't matter with the off field stuff.

Lots of QB's are the King of the off field stuff but are average on field. No reason Kyler can't own it too.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well we knew he was the smallest qb ever drafted , unicorn, but has done well, beyond my expectations. But growing is not in the cards - I hope the run more and maximize his talent, all say the should, will, then don’t or like kliff try to trick teams with the run game. Tricks don’t work long term- gotta freaking earn it.
Your first line is incorrect! He is not the smallest QB ever drafted. Eddie LeBaron was 5'7" when drafted by the Washington Commanders. His career started late due to a being drafted and sent to the Korena war.

He started 85 game and appeared in 134 of them. He threw for over 13k yards in a run first era.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose