Kelvin Beachum on Kyler

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He looks fantastic in this photo btw. Wish I could pull that off. LOL.
That photo looks good despite the Leprechaun vibes.

The lime green pantsuit was a Total Miss. It's easy to confuse a "Eff the Haters" attitude with a lack of self-awareness. I don't really care what Kyler wears in his personal life, but how he presents himself as a professional (on his social feeds) reflects the person he wants you to see him as.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Oh I agree. But some will not acknowledge that Kyler has culpability too.
I keep hearing about these mythical "it's all on Kliff and Kyler bears no responsibility" people, yet it's really hard to find them!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I keep hearing about these mythical "it's all on Kliff and Kyler bears no responsibility" people, yet it's really hard to find them!
PACardsFan is the only one that really does it. Otherwise, it’s just a way to get likes & laughs.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It's easy for KM to fix this

Put in the work, learn to read a defense and change the attitude

Do everything you can to improve yourself so you can help the team
Actually. Changing an attitude is one thing. Though, I believe even that isn’t as easy as you seem to suggest. But changing an attitude really isn’t what’s at hand here. Kyler literally needs to change his heart & soul. His approach to life and people.
Is he a giver or a taker. A giver lives a life that is oriented in a fashion of giving to others. Helping others succeed and never expecting anything in return. A taker is of course the complete converse. Taker’s believe they are due to receive the good stuff in life, the accolades and success, simply by being who they are. No self-awareness. No desire to improve (from the inside out).
Yea, immaturity at many levels is part of all this too… but IMHO, he change needed with Kyler is more than a simple attitude change…
Should be interesting to see if he gets there.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
It is easier said then done. Look at Fitzgerald, he was a lead by example guy but is that really leading? It is really just doing you and sharing how you go about your business. Leading at the QB spot is putting other player's needs above yours. You shift your game to help others. You spend extra time helping others. You listen to others. You communicate expectations. You hold others accountable because you care about their success.

Servant leadership isn't easy and some people aren't built for it.
Agreed, but it can be learned.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually. Changing an attitude is one thing. Though, I believe even that isn’t as easy as you seem to suggest. But changing an attitude really isn’t what’s at hand here. Kyler literally needs to change his heart & soul. His approach to life and people.
Is he a giver or a taker. A giver lives a life that is oriented in a fashion of giving to others. Helping others succeed and never expecting anything in return. A taker is of course the complete converse. Taker’s believe they are due to receive the good stuff in life, the accolades and success, simply by being who they are. No self-awareness. No desire to improve (from the inside out).
Yea, immaturity at many levels is part of all this too… but IMHO, he change needed with Kyler is more than a simple attitude change…
Should be interesting to see if he gets there.

People who don't know people intimately should 'literally' avoid offering advice.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The insta photo he needs to grow up and take his appearance more seriously.

So did he only take this game below seriously? Or because he isn't wearing socks, which would be weird, does he still need to grow up for this specific game?
You must be registered for see images attach
He got the no-socks look from KK.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler needs to Mature some. Shocker... Isn't this what we all have been saying for the past year or so.

Kyler has been enabled his entire football career. The past regime included and that is a big reason why they are gone now. Kyler needs to learn and grow as a person. Some of it is on the coaching staff and people who surround him but most of it is on Kyler. From his interaction with his teammates and coaches to how he handles himself on the sideline all point to a lack of maturity. The hope is as he gains more life experiences and wisdom he can continue to mature.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So you’re arguing for the shutdown of ASFN? LOL…
He is actually quite right in what he is saying.

None of us ACTUALLY know Kyler. His teammates have mostly been supportive. Beachum offered some very fair, very balanced criticism. Most of the criticism is fans and media reading the tea leaves. Most of it is nonsense. Some of it is probably true.

I think Murray is an introvert. I think he LOOKS aloof, but I don't know how he is one-on-one. I think his personality has rubbed the media the wrong way and they run with stories that are maybe 40% true at times.

I think Murray does need to change. I think he needs to become the real face of the franchise. And I think he needs to prepare better for games. I also think that a lot of these changes will come with time. What I fear is that Murray is going to learn this when he leaves the Cardinals.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The no socks look is used by just about every young/famous person with money...haha I still wouldn't try it, if I could, because I remember how bad my shoes stunk when I did it as a kid (btw: we all did it in the 80's...Don Johnson, anyone?).
A lot of people where those lady liner socks now when they go sockless.

I'm fortunate that my feet don't stink, even though I've worn boots most my adult life.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

None of us ACTUALLY know Kyler. His teammates have mostly been supportive. Beachum offered some very fair, very balanced criticism. Most of the criticism is fans and media reading the tea leaves. Most of it is nonsense. Some of it is probably true.

I think Murray is an introvert. I think he LOOKS aloof, but I don't know how he is one-on-one. I think his personality has rubbed the media the wrong way and they run with stories that are maybe 40% true at times.

I think Murray does need to change. I think he needs to become the real face of the franchise. And I think he needs to prepare better for games. I also think that a lot of these changes will come with time. What I fear is that Murray is going to learn this when he leaves the Cardinals.
Of course he’s right… I don’t know Kyler, or any other player… nor does anyone else on this board.
For as long as I’ve been active on this board, it has always been a place where fans come to express their opinion, among other forms of use…
As always, if you don’t like the opinion of a particular poster, there have been and remain methods to deal with that.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So you've had a change of heart on K1 it sounds like Dr.
I flipped on him a couple years ago, then was hopeful with the growth we all saw last season, then completely fell out of favor this year.

This kid has talent that oozes out of his pores. It has come so easy, for so long, that I'm afraid he will not put the work in that is required to fully achieve what he is capable of.

He's grown up with some wealth around him his entire life. Was always coddled and protected. And his superior talent allowed him to coast through High School and then succeed in College. I just fear that he has never been forced to work hard, claw, and scratch for what he's got. He's been given everything. told he is everything. And when push comes to shove....... he hasn't proven anything over the course of 4 seasons now. In spurts..... Sure. But not over the long grind of a full season that includes the playoffs.

I see unrealized potential. A lot of it. I will still hope for the best and root for him (like @jf-08 said above), but the immeasurable traits I need to see from a champion, so far, do not seem to exist within him. And his team has made more than this comment about it. i think Fitz has said some stuff as well as others that just cement my feelings.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Of course he’s right… I don’t know Kyler, or any other player… nor does anyone else on this board.
I think some people take issue when people make very definitive statements about the character of players.
For as long as I’ve been active on this board, it has always been a place where fans come to express their opinion, among other forms of use…
As always, if you don’t like the opinion of a particular poster, there have been and remain methods to deal with that.
What I think we should do is be fair with guys we don't really know. What is fair is to not react so strongly to very vague information.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

As a true supporter of Murray, I find this post very fair. Does Murray need to improve his leadership skills? Of course he does. Most 25 year olds do. Is Murray an introvert? It’s possible. Doesn’t mean an introvert cannot lead. I’m 65 & some of the best leaders I’ve met in my lifetime were introverts. People lead in many different ways. Murray is a special talent from a pure football standpoint, but Kingsbury failed miserably in helping him to develop as a whole player. We shall see how or even if Kyler will finish that development under Gannon. Until then, I’ll put my trust in the fact that Gannon has explicitly said he took this job mainly because of one man…….Kyler Murray. He’ll sink or swim based on that decision & I‘m OK with that. The sooner we find out what Kyler can be in the NFL, the better.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I flipped on him a couple years ago, then was hopeful with the growth we all saw last season, then completely fell out of favor this year.

This kid has talent that oozes out of his pores. It has come so easy, for so long, that I'm afraid he will not put the work in that is required to fully achieve what he is capable of.

He's grown up with some wealth around him his entire life. Was always coddled and protected. And his superior talent allowed him to coast through High School and then succeed in College. I just fear that he has never been forced to work hard, claw, and scratch for what he's got. He's been given everything. told he is everything. And when push comes to shove....... he hasn't proven anything over the course of 4 seasons now. In spurts..... Sure. But not over the long grind of a full season that includes the playoffs.

I see unrealized potential. A lot of it. I will still hope for the best and root for him (like @jf-08 said above), but the immeasurable traits I need to see from a champion, so far, do not seem to exist within him. And his team has made more than this comment about it. i think Fitz has said some stuff as well as others that just cement my feelings.
The traits you speak of aren't inherent traits. These traits are developed. Tom Brady, the greatest QB of all time has no real special traits. Sure he processes information quickly, but he has below average athletic traits and an average arm.

I'm not real hopeful that Murray will pan out now, but I largely blame the Cardinals for their handling of this situation. Murray needs structure and needs someone who can challenge him.