Kelvin Beachum on Kyler

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Completely agree. Been saying this for a couple years now. He needs to be a leader of men and he won’t be able to do that until he grows up.
I agree...unfortunately he didn't have a good example in his HC on how to do that. I'm very hopeful Gannon can show him the way.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
This is so off base. .... No one care how you look anymore and this line of thinking is primitive.

And if I'm reading between the lines of where you want him to shop, it almost sounds like you want him to dress like a....nevermind, I'm not going there.

Wow, no one cares how anyone looks anymore. You sound as extreme in that way as I do the other. I do acknowledge that this is not my world any longer, I am anxious to leave it believe me. But I can't totally believe the impressions mean nothing at all to EVERYONE.

I don't think using Cuban as your example of what is right, acceptable, normal, or whatever is pointless. Why would any rich person care what others think of him or her? That is a great benefit of being filthy rich. In my day, it was Howard Hughes who was the Mark Cuban, and both dressed the bloody way they wanted.

And in response to your last thing, Yes you better not go there!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, no one cares how anyone looks anymore. You sound as extreme in that way as I do the other. I do acknowledge that this is not my world any longer, I am anxious to leave it believe me. But I can't totally believe the impressions mean nothing at all to EVERYONE.

I don't think using Cuban as your example of what is right, acceptable, normal, or whatever is pointless. Why would any rich person care what others think of him or her? That is a great benefit of being filthy rich. In my day, it was Howard Hughes who was the Mark Cuban, and both dressed the bloody way they wanted.

And in response to your last thing, Yes you better not go there!
You literally said he needs to dress better.

"Teach him how to dress, and find him a professional hair stylist for God's sake."

Those are you exact words.

And if you know what I meant, then you know that's how people are reading it. Just saying

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen to the interview, it's honest heartfelt criticism that is fair and he always says several really good things. I don't think it's a bad look because we all have seen it and thankfully someone like Kelvin said it out loud.
Just because he says some nice things too doesn’t mean this isnt a bad look. When a respected player literally comes out and has to say that your 5th year franchise QB who got resigned to a 1/4 billion dollar contract needs to basically mature and grow up it’s a bad look. Just call it what it is.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because he says some nice things too doesn’t mean this isnt a bad look. When a respected player literally comes out and has to say that your 5th year franchise QB who got resigned to a 1/4 billion dollar contract needs to basically mature and grow up it’s a bad look. Just call it what it is.
I guess I don't feel like it's a bad look because it's already the look. There was nothing new and he corrected Gambo and said he was a leader and did so sternly. He's sounds like an older brother trying to help get Kyler over the hump. I want him back just for this reason!

But you have valid points.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I think there is a way to criticize someone and be a dick about it, because you have issues with that person...and you can criticize someone and nice about it, because you genuinely like the person and see the potential in them. I think Kelvin was the latter...and him quickly correcting Gambo on the leadership thing cements that for me. He could have very easily ran down that negative rabbit hole and piled on, but he didn't.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there is a way to criticize someone and be a dick about it, because you have issues with that person...and you can criticize someone and nice about it, because you genuinely like the person and see the potential in them. I think Kelvin was the latter...and him quickly correcting Gambo on the leadership thing cements that for me. He could have very easily ran down that negative rabbit hole and piled on, but he didn't.
No matter how he did it it’s a bad look FOR KYLER. But you are right in how it can be done in a “classy” way or a “dicky” way.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter how he did it it’s a bad look FOR KYLER. But you are right in how it can be done in a “classy” way or a “dicky” way.
How Kyler "looks" doesn't matter. It's his actions that matter.

Beachum was very fair. He was honest but didn't strike me as having the knife out right behind Kyler's Achilles.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is so off base. I'm a 40 something professional who is very successful, drives a very nice car, owns a home and already has my 14 year olds college paid for and I work in a backwards hat and workout pants every day. I usually sport a 2 foot long beard and currently have a mo-hawk. I am looked at as a leader in a fortune 5 company because I'm good at what I do. No one care how you look anymore and this line of thinking is primitive.

One of the richest people on the world agrees.

You must be registered for see images attach

And if I'm reading between the lines of where you want him to shop, it almost sounds like you want him to dress like a....nevermind, I'm not going there.
not all jobs are suit and tie jobs, some absolutely are.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Beachum was very fair. He was honest but didn't strike me as having the knife out right behind Kyler's Achilles.
Let me ask you do you feel Beachums comments are based on his recent past actions? Or just “looks”?

I think we already know…. Buuuut since you’re saying only his actions matter???

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

we're going into year 5. how long does it take to "grow up and be a man"? his actions through 4 seasons have warranted these comments by a veteran teammate

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we're going into year 5. how long does it take to "grow up and be a man"? his actions through 4 seasons have warranted these comments by a veteran teammate
Thanks for backing up my point 100%

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me ask you do you feel Beachums comments are based on his recent past actions? Or just “looks”?

I think we already know…. Buuuut since you’re saying only his actions matter???
I was making an observation based on what I heard from him. In other words, "put up or shut up Kyler".

You know the answers to your own questions. You don't need me to spell it out.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Absolutely disagree. It's purely a social construct meant to imply power/superiority or elegance. It's an antiquated way of thinking and adds zero value to the person, job or profession.
Yes!

I remember when I first started working in corporate America with strict dress codes...I didn't know any better and went along with it just fine. Others, though, didn't. As years went by and my job positions changed, so did my dress code. Things became more relaxed (polos, jeans on Fridays, etc)...but I realized what never actually changed was how I was treated by my customers and clients. Flash forward to when I started working in real estate and I was thrown back into an industry that told me I needed to dress and look the part (suit, tie) and I tried it. However I wasn't comfortable and consequently not as successful as I wanted to be. I realized it was because I wasn't comfortable with that appearance and it was out of character for me AND my potential clients could tell. Once I changed my appearance to where I am now, it allowed me to be more relaxed in my interactions and just be me. My clients absolutely don't care if I have jeans on, shorts on, sandals...whatever. I can always throw on a sport coat and be fine, but I'm no longer trying to compete with others based on how I dress or look.

Same goes with things like tattoos and hairstyles. Nobody cares. If you're being yourself and you know your ish, people will know.

Getting off my soapbox now.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Without fail the generation gap plays out over and over again. In 20-30 years time Kyler will be looking at what young adults are wearing and shaking his head in disgust lol.

Kyler is wearing what is trendy at the moment which is unfortunately all the baggy shapeless clothes from the 90s. I'm not a fan but it is what twenty somethings are into.

I personally have no problem with what Beachum said. It was a balanced perspective based on what he has seen first hand. I hope Kyler listens to him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh. Nothing new here. Beach just saying what we all knew already and I thought he did it in a fair way.

Monti should bring him back and when he's done he should give him a FO role. Beach has a future as an exec.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What about this makes him a jackwagon?

I'm honestly confused why this is bothering so many?
Instead of taking ownership of his problems he's trying to throw shade at "haters." The smart thing to do would be to shut the hell up and get on with getting better. Naw, he shows us the whispers are getting to him and he can't help but snipe back. Talk about not growing up.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave