Arizona
3 - 2200

Oakland
7 - 1500
38 - 520
70 - 240
Total - 2260

Fair trade

The pick value chart is not a recipe book. It tells you the perceived value of that pick in isolation.

The value of anything is determined by how much somebody wants it vs how much the owner wants to sell it.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Colts have to get one of the 2 top QBs. It is at least 90% at this point. No more 30+ yr old experiments like the last 3 tries. That means, they have to trade with Bears before Bears move on. If they let Bears do business with someone else, they are screwed.

So, where does that leave us? Unless Texans go all Vincent van Gogh and recreate the universe, we can have Anderson, if our new brains want to go that way. But what if they want draft picks and feel that strongly about 3 or 4 guys in the top 70 or so. We really do have holes to fill with legit lasting starters, not our usual 2nd string quality starters.

Who logically would need to move up to our spot that wouldn't drop us down lower than we can go and still get the R1 guy we really don't want to lose? To me, at a best 60/40 sensible guess, has to be the Panthers moving up to take Richardson. That seems like a perfect fit, they don't need to rush him in this season, and they have a potential Josh Allen type QB. If it goes that way, then I feel their '23 #9 + #39, along with '24 R2 + R3 will just about do it. I think we would feel good about a first, 2 seconds, and a third to move back only 6 spots. Maybe we could squeeze them for another R2 &/or R3 in '25.

If that worked for both teams, we would then have: 9, 34, 39, 66, 96 ...... Let's say in a perfect 1st draft by our new brain thrusts, we score a solid starter with our first 3 picks. Which position and which player to fill which spot? Keeping it real with your choices likely available when we pick at 9, 34, & 39?

I would be happy with a scenario like this one.
If Carter is taken and Hopkins has been traded:
#9 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC or ......
..... DEs, Wilson, Murphy, or Van Ness
#34 - Forbes or Banks, CB, Miss St/Maryland
#39 - DT - Kancey, Benton, Ika

Let's say Hopkins brings us about a #50 and we didn't take a DE yet, then .....
#50 - DEs, Hall, McDonald, Carter, Adebawore

Who would you like to fill those 3 or 4 spots with?

Last edited:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Naw it's not loaded.

It was an actual choice that the Cardinals made.

Rice was a fantastic pass rusher. If Anderson is as good as Rice, we will be ecstatic.

But the difference between an elite edge vs an elite LT is that an elite LT gives you more overall value. They win way more often than an elite edge does.

LOL Mandarich vs Thomas? That's a completely different equation. One was a monumental bust. I at least provided a choice between a near HOF edge vs a HOF LT, and a choice that the Cardinals actually made.

Calling Rice an okay pass rusher is ridiculous. He was fantastic.
Rice was a good pass rusher, but he was far from great overall. Watching him take (another) wide speed rush on ‘2nd and 2’ type run downs was mind numbing. And he was a *******, of course.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The pick value chart is not a recipe book. It tells you the perceived value of that pick in isolation.

The value of anything is determined by how much somebody wants it vs how much the owner wants to sell it.
Yeah the math doesn't work often for a top 3 pick
Usually a team to move up in the top three must overpay

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Colts have to get one of the 2 top QBs. It is at least 90% at this point. No more 30+ yr old experiments like the last 3 tries. That means, they have to trade with Bears before Bears move on. If they let Bears do business with someone else, they are screwed.

So, where does that leave us? Unless Texans go all Vincent van Gogh and recreate the universe, we can have Anderson, if our new brains want to go that way. But what if they want draft picks and feel that strongly about 3 or 4 guys in the top 70 or so. We really do have holes to fill with legit lasting starters, not our usual 2nd string quality starters.

Who logically would need to move up to our spot that wouldn't drop us down lower than we can go and still get the R1 guy we really don't want to lose? To me, at a best 60/40 sensible guess, has to be the Panthers moving up to take Richardson. That seems like a perfect fit, they don't need to rush him in this season, and they have a potential Josh Allen type QB. If it goes that way, then I feel their '23 #9 + #39, along with '24 R2 + R3 will just about do it. I think we would feel good about a first, 2 seconds, and a third to move back only 6 spots. Maybe we could squeeze them for another R2 &/or R3 in '25.

If that worked for both teams, we would then have: 9, 34, 39, 66, 96 ...... Let's say in a perfect 1st draft by our new brain thrusts, we score a solid starter with our first 3 picks. Which position and which player to fill which spot? Keeping it real with your choices likely available when we pick at 9, 34, & 39?

I would be happy with a scenario like this one.
If Carter is taken and Hopkins has been traded:
#9 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC or ......
..... DEs, Wilson, Murphy, or Van Ness
#34 - Forbes or Banks, CB, Miss St/Maryland
#39 - DT - Kancey, Benton, Ika

Let's say Hopkins brings us about a #50 and we didn't take a DE yet, then .....
#50 - DEs, Hall, McDonald, Carter, Adebawore

Who would you like to fill those 3 or 4 spots with?
Very high marks for a thoughtful look at things...can't comment on the players as we all know that the draft is a crap shoot. Thanks for making me think about what you said. My feeling is a team cannot pass up a close to a "sure thing" under any circumstances. Team is picking low enough in the first three rounds to identify decent guys in round 2 and two picks in three...

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s simple. If Anderson is gone, we hope to find a trade partner. If he’s there you take him and fill a huge hole. It’s just not a blue chip player. It’s a HUGE hole.
Our second and third round picks will leave difficult decisions because there will be very good players available.
If we get a #2 for Hopkins even better. Two 2nds and two 3rds should give us a solid base to start building. A few shrewd free agents added in and and we will actually be watchable.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe just take Robinson or Witherspoon; safe picks instead of overthinking it. That's in a specific scenario of course. A lot of quarterbacks could go top 5.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose