Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah. I get it. It's just hard to imagine a season with no Deandre Hopkins and no Hollywood Brown being much fun to watch.

Real "Jason McAddley is gonna break out!" energy.
If that leads to another great pick and a solid, steady rebuild of this barren roster, I'll suffer it for a season.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. I get it. It's just hard to imagine a season with no Deandre Hopkins and no Hollywood Brown being much fun to watch.

Got to figure they draft replacements, trade the picks or sign vets to replace them.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Personally, I am not super concerned with it. Darius Slayton, Allen Lazard and Greg Dortch could work for a year. My entire goal for this season would be to get out of bad contracts, get off of players that don't fit, and add talent where I can. If I can trade guys that don't fit for assets, let's go. If I can trade for valuable assets, I am good with that as well.
I'd bring in Slayton. He should be hungry for another chance.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

It probably wouldn't be fun to watch but that doesn't mean the team couldn't take a run Paris Campbell or draft a WR in rounds 3 or 4.

Personally, watching a backup start multiple games isn't inspiring either.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I get wanting something fun to watch but that is a different focus. Being the Lions for a year can be a good thing. Like I said, I don't see a reason to pay Marquise Brown long term, I don't want to avoid signing premium FAs in 2024 to help my comp pick formula, and that leaves trading him as the best option IMO if we want any compensation for him.
consider.

last january when kylers agent was barking for a new deal it was mentioned kyler would take less money so the team could sign certain players. Then keim trades our top pick for kylers best friend....and kyler doesnt get the biggest quarterback deal in the history of the world.
Hollywood Brown being here may be a part of the kyler deal and dumping him could lead us to a whole world of problems....if that is the strategy we may be better off just using pick 3 for a new QB.

You must be registered for see images attach

for the ladies addicted to the disagree button,....read the letter yourself.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If that leads to another great pick and a solid, steady rebuild of this barren roster, I'll suffer it for a season.
I doubt that's actually true. Going into a training camp with literally no hope for the next 18 months (all of the season ahead plus the next offseason) sounds like literally no fun to me.

We somehow fooled ourselves in 2018 into thinking that the Cards could be competitive with David Johnson "plenty of tread left on the tires" after missing all but one game of the prior year, 35 year-old Larry Fitzgerald, Ricky Seals Jones, and rookie Christian Kirk would make a run at a playoff spot.

A season with Kyler Murray for 12 games and castoffs and rookies at the skill positions would be considerably worse.

Got to figure they draft replacements, trade the picks or sign vets to replace them.

Obviously the Cards are not going to leave those roster spots open. If DHop and Hollywood yield 1st- or 2nd-round picks, there's little indication that quality will be available in similar positions to "replace" their production. That's the second-leading receiver among active players and a guy you happily gave up a first for last season.

It probably wouldn't be fun to watch but that doesn't mean the team couldn't take a run Paris Campbell or draft a WR in rounds 3 or 4.

Personally, watching a backup start multiple games isn't inspiring either.

It would be very exciting to see if Parris Campbell can recreate his 63-reception, 623 yard, 3 TD performance from last season, when he started 16 games for the Colts and played 85% of the offensive snaps.

I may be in the minority, but Hop going 10 for 98 and Rondale going 9 for 94 with Colt McCoy starting against the Rams was pretty fun. You can make do with a replacement level QB if you have good skill position players; the Commies almost made the playoffs with that mix.

But having a replacement level QB and replacement level skill position players feels like a recipe for despair.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I doubt that's actually true. Going into a training camp with literally no hope for the next 18 months (all of the season ahead plus the next offseason) sounds like literally no fun to me.

We somehow fooled ourselves in 2018 into thinking that the Cards could be competitive with David Johnson "plenty of tread left on the tires" after missing all but one game of the prior year, 35 year-old Larry Fitzgerald, Ricky Seals Jones, and rookie Christian Kirk would make a run at a playoff spot.

A season with Kyler Murray for 12 games and castoffs and rookies at the skill positions would be considerably worse.

Obviously the Cards are not going to leave those roster spots open. If DHop and Hollywood yield 1st- or 2nd-round picks, there's little indication that quality will be available in similar positions to "replace" their production. That's the second-leading receiver among active players and a guy you happily gave up a first for last season.

It would be very exciting to see if Parris Campbell can recreate his 63-reception, 623 yard, 3 TD performance from last season, when he started 16 games for the Colts and played 85% of the offensive snaps.

I may be in the minority, but Hop going 10 for 98 and Rondale going 9 for 94 with Colt McCoy starting against the Rams was pretty fun. You can make do with a replacement level QB if you have good skill position players; the Commies almost made the playoffs with that mix.

But having a replacement level QB and replacement level skill position players feels like a recipe for despair.
So you assert that we would go the next 18 months without adding any WR talent to the roster and will just roll with the scrubs? Oh, right, you assert they can't upgrade them enough. I doubt that's actually true.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think they trade both Nuk and Brown. There will be other WRs come available than we see right now but I can see them throwing a short term deal to Chark or Lazard.

Reactions: PJ1

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think they trade both Nuk and Brown. There will be other WRs come available than we see right now but I can see them throwing a short term deal to Chark or Lazard.
I don't think so either. I think they trade Nuk and decide what to do with Hollywood nex year, including letting him walk for a possible comp pick.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
consider.

last january when kylers agent was barking for a new deal it was mentioned kyler would take less money so the team could sign certain players. Then keim trades our top pick for kylers best friend....and kyler doesnt get the biggest quarterback deal in the history of the world.
Hollywood Brown being here may be a part of the kyler deal and dumping him could lead us to a whole world of problems....if that is the strategy we may be better off just using pick 3 for a new QB.

Cute. I'm not offended by you calling me a lady, but watch your tone or take an extended time out.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Why would those guys take short-term deals here when they're not going to have an opportunity to show their skills with a league-average quarterback?

Only 10 2023 unrestricted free agent WRs played more than 60% of the offensive snaps for their team in the year prior. Of those, four are already 30 years old or older.

I don't think so either. I think they trade Nuk and decide what to do with Hollywood nex year, including letting him walk for a possible comp pick.

Yeah, but that's not what Chopper is advocating for. But if you can get a 2nd for each of those guys, isn't that the better long-term play? If someone offers a 1st for Nuk when the league year starts, you jump on that, right? If someone offers a low 1st or a second for Hollywood during the draft, how hard to you think about that, then?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
consider.

Kyler's logo is dumb.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would those guys take short-term deals here when they're not going to have an opportunity to show their skills with a league-average quarterback?

Only 10 2023 unrestricted free agent WRs played more than 60% of the offensive snaps for their team in the year prior. Of those, four are already 30 years old or older.

Yeah, but that's not what Chopper is advocating for. But if you can get a 2nd for each of those guys, isn't that the better long-term play? If someone offers a 1st for Nuk when the league year starts, you jump on that, right? If someone offers a low 1st or a second for Hollywood during the draft, how hard to you think about that, then?
Debatable. I'm not sure trading both of them is the better long term play. I can see people not wanting to re-sign Hollywood. If the Cards long term goals is to be successful, they can't roll out with an oft-injured Rondale, old Ertz, Dortch and McBride.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
consider.

Yeah...I don't care.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Another item to consider for those wanting to blow it all up. Can you remember a more pathetic QB situation in the NFC in recent memory?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson