Today’s Draft Rumor

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Anderson is a stud no doubt.

I don't buy he the only blue chip player though.

I think Gonzalez is a sure fire CB1. I think Skoronski's floor is pro bowl Guard if not Tackle.
I like Skoronski, but in most years he's probably a late first rounder.

Fashunu from Penn State who is coming out next year is way better.

Drake Maye and Caleb Williams are better than the QB prospects this year too. Marvin Harrison Jr. is a top 3 pick as a WR.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love how during the season we talk about needing to build up the lines and then draft season comes around and the now we start talking about WRs and CBs.

And as much as I like the idea of building the lines, I am not passing on Will Anderson for an OG or a 253lb DE from Clemson lacking elite rush traits.

We have enough mid, we need some great.
Love the post But one thing, Cards mid stinks.....OH your not talking LB?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I love how during the season we talk about needing to build up the lines and then draft season comes around and the now we start talking about WRs and CBs.

And as much as I like the idea of building the lines, I am not passing on Will Anderson for an OG or a 253lb DE from Clemson lacking elite rush traits.

We have enough mid, we need some great.
I only trade down if no Anderson. And then I start loading up on olinemen, dlinemen and edge. Build the trenches first. We can find the receivers and cbs in free agency.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I only trade down if no Anderson. And then I start loading up on olinemen, dlinemen and edge. Build the trenches first. We can find the receivers and cbs in free agency.
I hope we look back on this draft and say that the Cardinals bolstered both lines, adding a really good player to both.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's not the only one who thinks that.

Sure, that doesn't matter either though. Everyone thought Chase Young was the next Myles Garrett.

He's in that same ball park. How he works out in the league nobody knows.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
….He’s starting to believe we’ll miss out on Anderson so he’s trying to convince himself that Gonzalez & a Guard are gonna be better players than him, lol.
That's what I believe. CHI and HOU could both be locked in on Anderson especially is Carter is sliding. Hell HOU could take Anderson at #2 and package #12 and other picks to move up and take a QB. If CHI is not taking a QB then Anderson makes all the sense in the world, unless they get a kings ransom and still get a defensive stud like Carter is he slides.

If Anderson is gone then trade down makes most sense especially if someone is willing to overpay for the right to take Levis, Richardson or Stroud. To me Myles Murphy or one of the CB's wouldn't be a bad consolation prize or Jalen Carter if his legal issues don't mean prison time.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think one way or the other Anderson won’t be there when we are on the clock. If he is the only way I don’t take him is if we indeed get a kings ransom. And by that I mean a KINGS RANSOM.
This seems to be a universal consensus on the board - that if Anderson is available it would take a HUGE draft haul to trade down.

With that in mind... if Anderson is worth THAT much... wouldn't it make sense to trade UP to get him?

I am well aware that it DOESN'T make sense from the perspective that the Cardinals are far from one player away from being good, and can't afford to give up picks at this stage in the rebuilding process. But from a pure value standpoint, if Anderson is worth so much and the Cards just need to move up 2 spots to get him, it could be the logical thing to do.

If Anderson is considered the top prospect in the draft, does it make sense to only be willing to use the #3 pick on him, and NO MORE? Does it make sense to leave it to fate to wait and see whether he falls to #3? Or if he's worth more than #3, how much should the Cardinals give up to make SURE they get him?

Or put another way: If another team trades ahead of the Cardinals to take Anderson, will people here be screaming that the Cards should've made the trade-up themselves and not allowed Anderson to get scooped... the way they did when Watson and Mahomes got scooped ahead of the Cardinals' pick?

Just throwing it out there as an interesting topic that i haven't seen raised before.

...dave

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This seems to be a universal consensus on the board - that if Anderson is available it would take a HUGE draft haul to trade down.

With that in mind... if Anderson is worth THAT much... wouldn't it make sense to trade UP to get him?

I am well aware that it DOESN'T make sense from the perspective that the Cardinals are far from one player away from being good, and can't afford to give up picks at this stage in the rebuilding process. But from a pure value standpoint, if Anderson is worth so much and the Cards just need to move up 2 spots to get him, it could be the logical thing to do.

Put it this way: If another team trades ahead of the Cardinals to take Anderson, will people here be screaming that the Cards should've made the trade-up themselves and not allowed Anderson to get scooped... the way they did when Watson and Mahomes got scooped ahead of the Cardinals' pick?

Just throwing it out there as an interesting topic that i haven't seen raised before.

...dave
No. We are at 3. At the cost of trading up in that area you really only do it for a QB...plus... Anderson is top dog in THIS draft... but he isnt, "best edge prospect seen in 20 years" level good...if he was, Chicago would never even consider trading the pick.
Opportunity and availability seem to be aligned for us here and we need to just let it come to us.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If you traded up to assure you get Anderson, you would be shutting the door on offers you might get from other teams for the #3 pick.

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
Imagine Anderson is gone by #3, where does that put the Cards?
Sitting on the #2 QB of the class; now what do you think that could be worth in draft picks? That would be a pretty valuable spot based on how starved the league is for QBs.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Imagine Anderson is gone by #3, where does that put the Cards?
Sitting on the #2 QB of the class; now what do you think that could be worth in draft picks? That would be a pretty valuable spot based on how starved the league is for QBs.
There’s a clear top-2 QB’s so once either Young or Shroud goes #2 teams will be offering their packages for the other guy (in your scenario of Anderson going #1). Caleb Williams is the prize next year but there’s no guarantee those teams will be in position to get him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

If Anderson is considered the top prospect in the draft, does it make sense to only be willing to use the #3 pick on him, and NO MORE? Does it make sense to leave it to fate to wait and see whether he falls to #3? Or if he's worth more than #3, how much should the Cardinals give up to make SURE they get him?

Or put another way: If another team trades ahead of the Cardinals to take Anderson, will people here be screaming that the Cards should've made the trade-up themselves and not allowed Anderson to get scooped... the way they did when Watson and Mahomes got scooped ahead of the Cardinals' pick?

...dave
No. Anderson is good but he isn't THAT good.

I think you only trade up in two circumstances:

1) Franchise QB.
2) Player that puts your team over the top (playoff contender to championship contender).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

...dave
I’d say no. While he’s the best fit for us trading up would mean competing with QB seeking teams which usually requires a premium. At 3 it’s reasonable to spend that pick for Anderson. But I wouldn’t want to spend more. If he’s gone I’m good with trading down and loading up on premium picks. I will not be one railing about not trading up. Was different with mahomes and Watson as those were QBs and we drastically needed a QBOTF. That’s an entirely different beast imo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose