Suns @ Mavericks Sunday game thread 3-5-2023

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s a fantastic crazy good win considering we were playing a high scoring nemesis and the Refs, maybe exercised a few demons hopefully! Screw those refs it was a joke of officiating Luka shooting over 20fts himself when he constantly commits offensive fouls absolutely ridiculous!!

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
You mean he was jawing to a ref about a foul that was really a foul? No way!!! We’re you watching Luka jawing to the refs the entire game? He got to the free throw line because of it. You can’t let that go unchecked so the refs decide a game.
Booker has been in plenty of NBA games and especially around Luka to know that maaaybe it's better to not gloat in Luka's whiny face. I obviously know there was a lot of offensive fouls in the game. I saw 70 % and heard 100 % of it. Look at the FT discrepancy.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Hubie and Luka need to get a room .Couldn't believe it when he said "Durant is the best free throw shooter in the NBA, unfortunately."
Unfortunately for the Mavs, which is true. Does not mean he wanted them to win. Come on Hubie, you're a Suns fan, aren't you? We finally got rid of that human garbage Bobby Sarver.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker has been in plenty of NBA games and especially around Luka to know that maaaybe it's better to not gloat in Luka's whiny face. I obviously know there was a lot of offensive fouls in the game. I saw 70 % and heard 100 % of it. Look at the FT discrepancy.
That’s not what he did though. He yelled at the ref for not calling an obvious foul. Luka got his feelings hurt for Book suggesting he did something wrong. That’s not on Book. That’s Luka being a whiny little $&@“ again.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who said anything about all the blame? There’s a lot to go around. If you try the same thing over and over again and it stilll doesn’t work, then change something.

Well, if we're axing him because of Ayton's bad habit of mentally checking out, that seems like blame.

If they feel like going a new direction, whatever, go for it, but if we're going to axe people until Ayton learns how to stay motivated, I expect heads to perpetually roll.

I think he is who he is.

Thrilled he checked back into this game though.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
This is the reason you get a Durant. Give him the ball and let him go to work in a close game. Just him being out there draws attention away from other guys.

Monty needs to decide what to do with Okogie in the starting lineup too.
I say keep Okogie, but don't be afraid to make substitutions on what is happening live in the game. Maybe the coaching staff didn't plan on playing Ish or X N minutes in the game, but when **** hits the fan you need to make adjustments instead of moping. Keep starting Okogie. I will be very disappointed if he does not start the next game. Do you hear that, Internet?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Man watching Durant hit that jumper gave me flashbacks to watching dirk for all those years. Such a sweet closer, that is a gift to have that ability to close games like that. Luka missed a shot he should have made and now has to stew in it. Love the Booker/Luka feud. This is exactly what basketball needs. Great score line, every time I checked the score it seemed like it was tied. Hope they meet in the playoffs again.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is the reason you get a Durant. Give him the ball and let him go to work in a close game. Just him being out there draws attention away from other guys.

Monty needs to decide what to do with Okogie in the starting lineup too.
Booker can get that shot but would’ve needed to fade away. It’s crazy KD can just fire a normal jumper with two guys all over him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the refs call Luka straight how many games does he foul out of or just doesn’t score near as much!

He has to settle for difficult shots.

As is, he either goes to the line or gets layup attempts because his defender is afraid to do anything but run backwards.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
That’s not what he did though. He yelled at the ref for not calling an obvious foul. Luka got his feelings hurt for Book suggesting he did something wrong. That’s not on Book. That’s Luka being a whiny little $&@“ again.
Everyone knows that Luka is a **** and gets lopsided treatment. It's the timing of when you point that out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say keep Okogie, but don't be afraid to make substitutions on what is happening live in the game. Maybe the coaching staff didn't plan on playing Ish or X N minutes in the game, but when **** hits the fan you need to make adjustments instead of moping. Keep starting Okogie. I will be very disappointed if he does not start the next game. Do you hear that, Internet?
I have no problem him sticking with Okogie for now but 2 of 3 games he has been inconsistent. There are not many games left and the Suns have to solidify the starting 5. You can’t keep Okogie in the starting 5 if he continues to be inconsistent. Look at what happened as soon as Craig and Ish started hitting the shots Okogie was missing.