Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Hollywood was on track for 1400 yards and 10 TD's as WR1 with BAD Kyler Murray but people are going to argue he's not good enough.
Then the defenses started primarily covering Hollywood, especially after seeing Hollywood and Murray spend extra time together conferencing before or right after huddles - and especially on 3rd downs

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If this happens it’s a further indication that what I heard, the club is focused on 2024, is accurate.
If that's the organizations train of thought then the season ticket pricing for 2023 should be following suit. Raising prices and blowing up the team for next year seems bass ackward.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that's the organizations train of thought then the season ticket pricing for 2023 should be following suit. Raising prices and blowing up the team for next year seems bass ackward.

I don't think that accepting Kyler will be out some and not himself for a while when back is blowing it up.

I think we can play good football and get some wins while at the same time accepting reality.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Inflation is tough for billionaires. They need help where they can get it.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
If we finally have a GM who is willing to admit that and plan accordingly...we might be on to something.

We all have to admit that 23 is looking like a lost season from the get go. Injured Kyler, Brand new coaches everywhere. A very tough division. If we are trying to hit the "reset" button....and not completely blow everything up....then we have to accept a down year as part of that reset.

I would not go big in FA. I would add as many draft picks as possible, eat any dead cap we can this year instead of spreading it out...and head into 24 ready to pounce.
I don't disagree with this, but the franchise probably should have waited a year to raise ticket prices 25%. Lol. Who is going to pay to watch the team get obliterated?(hopefully they do show improvement as season progresses)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It really does not affect me, because in a strange way it felt like I was rooting for some strange version of the Texans when him and Watt were on the team... guess, I just have Keim 'free agents fix everything' burn out lol

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
G this sounds like a great idea trade our best player for probably next to nothing what could go wrong.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think it makes the Cardinals better by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a good step forward for the Cardinals to be able to get compensation for assets instead of letting them walk.
But every decision Monti makes is about making the Arizona Cardinals win, right?
Hollywood was on track for 1400 yards and 10 TD's as WR1 with BAD Kyler Murray but people are going to argue he's not good enough.
With an unsustainable volume because he was literally the only target in the passing game. Remember how awesome everyone felt the early-season offense was?

Let’s get more of that, yeah?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
given JGs statement that the team will live in 11, 12 and 13 personnel -- really 11 and 12

that means the team has enough WRs under contract/control

hollywood, rondale, dortch --

and then looking for one or two guys NFL vets with some size that come for cheap contracts / a later day draft pick

it probably means adding a TE, maybe day 2 of the draft given the depth at the position

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With an unsustainable volume because he was literally the only target in the passing game. Remember how awesome everyone felt the early-season offense was?

Let’s get more of that, yeah?

How is it unsustainable? You argued recently it was unsustainable as WR2, maybe it is. But not as WR1 with Hopkins gone. He averaged 10.6 targets per game early last year. Perfectly normal WR1 numbers.

How other people performed on offense early last year is irrelevant to Brown being able to handle a WR1 role.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this happens it’s a further indication that what I heard, the club is focused on 2024, is accurate.
I agree Harry. But with some shrewd draft and free agency acquisitions I think this team can be more competitive than last year.
I don’t think JG or MO is necessarily thinking tanking the season an throwing in the towel.
I believe the mindset will be fill the most glaring needs this year and top it off next year.
I’m willing to bet we win more that 4 games next year.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G this sounds like a great idea trade our best player for probably next to nothing what could go wrong.
I would say that too…. If I just bought his signed framed Jersey. :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
How is it unsustainable? You argued recently it was unsustainable as WR2, maybe it is. But not as WR1 with Hopkins gone. He averaged 10.6 targets per game early last year. Perfectly normal WR1 numbers.

How other people performed on offense early last year is irrelevant to Brown being able to handle a WR1 role.
181 targets over 17 games would have been second only to Justin Jefferson in 2022. Only three wideouts had more than 170 targets in 2022.

That is abnormally high target volume.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But every decision Monti makes is about making the Arizona Cardinals win, right?
We don't know how Hopkins will act if he is kept around. Maybe he has quietly let it be known he doesn't want to be a Cardinal anymore.

In that situation, usually the best option is to trade the player.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We don't know how Hopkins will act if he is kept around. Maybe he has quietly let it be known he doesn't want to be a Cardinal anymore.

In that situation, usually the best option is to trade the player.
Yeah but that’s your assumption as the worst possible reading. He’s pretty much been nothing but a total professional during his time here and Houston before.

Even after we didn’t adjust his contract following the PED suspension.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seems I’m in the minority when it comes to wanting to keep Hop. He is so freaking good…like worth at least 2-3 wins by himself kinda good.

Why is this a good idea again?

Being unhappy aside, it's about cycling assets in an ever moving game of roster management. If next year is a wash in competing, then we will look to him in two years. What will be his age? His contract? Trade value? His potential production? Injury probability?

What about in 3-4 years?

It's more probable than not the older you are, all of those other factors, production, trade value decrease. Of course his production may be fine for another couple/few years, which is what we are counting on in a trade. The last 2 years he was suspended/injured for a significant amount of time, 2/3 of the years he was here, so there is uncertainty in what he will even contribute on this team. If there is another hiccup next year, we will probably not want to re-sign him nor will he have any trade value.

We could get production out of him in a meaningless year and then he will probably end up walking away shortly after that anyway with nothing in return. So, you want to recoup what assests you can while you can. The idea is to trade year early than a year late.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
181 targets over 17 games would have been second only to Justin Jefferson in 2022. Only three wideouts had more than 170 targets in 2022.

That is abnormally high target volume.

The whole point of this is that he can handle a WR1 role, not that he's going to get 170 targets. And he's done that. He put 140 on Aaron Ramsey. The ONLY reason he needed so many targets to do that was because Kyler couldn't throw past 10 yards.

When the offense doesn't suck, and Kyler doesn't have the lowest YPA in the league he won't need 17 targets and 14 reception to get 140 yards.

His 10.6 YPA last year was the lowest of his career. With an even average Kyler and his YPA even a paltry 12 yards per attempt he could hit 1400 yards on 120 targets.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The whole point of this is that he can handle a WR1 role, not that he's going to get 170 targets. And he's done that. He put 140 on Aaron Ramsey. The ONLY reason he needed so many targets to do that was because Kyler couldn't throw past 10 yards.

When the offense doesn't suck, and Kyler doesn't have the lowest YPA in the league he won't need 17 targets and 14 reception to get 140 yards.

His 10.6 YPA last year was the lowest of his career. With an even average Kyler and his YPA even a paltry 12 yards per attempt he could hit 1400 yards on 120 targets.
5' 9"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose