Rumor - DeAndre Hopkins wanted out because of Kyler Murray

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again I won't say when or where this conversation took place - but I will say DeAndre Hopkins said he wanted to be traded. When asked why, Hopkins said "because the quarterback sucks"

The person who had the conversation with Hopkins told someone who I am familiar with about the conversation and quote. The person who had the conversation with Hopkins isn't a football fan, neither is the person who told me about it. I do believe there is zero reason for either to lie about this, and I consider the accounts to be credible.

I wasn't going to share this but eventually decided to because this is ASFN and I love me some ASFN. I'm not a Kyler Murray hater btw, I think we gave him a lot of money and a very long contract but I haven't given up on on the guy. You don't have to believe me lol but I'm pretty much not giving anything else up regarding the interaction, you're welcome
Things that never happened for $100, Alex.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The reason he wants out is because we won't extend him. It's well known.

The only thing that changes that is the new GM, which is why they met.

If it was all Kyler that meeting never happens.
"I've convinced Andrew Luck to come out of retirement, will you stay?" Maybe Monti tried that.

Cole

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Again I won't say when or where this conversation took place - but I will say DeAndre Hopkins said he wanted to be traded. When asked why, Hopkins said "because the quarterback sucks"

The person who had the conversation with Hopkins told someone who I am familiar with about the conversation and quote. The person who had the conversation with Hopkins isn't a football fan, neither is the person who told me about it. I do believe there is zero reason for either to lie about this, and I consider the accounts to be credible.

I wasn't going to share this but eventually decided to because this is ASFN and I love me some ASFN. I'm not a Kyler Murray hater btw, I think we gave him a lot of money and a very long contract but I haven't given up on on the guy. You don't have to believe me lol but I'm pretty much not giving anything else up regarding the interaction, you're welcome
Link!

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I believe it's true and Hop will likely choose to get traded to KC or Dallas, maybe NE or Chicago. If they, the Cards refuse to trade then it'll just get ugly. This is where maybe the trenches finally get fixed. Acquire picks and more..maybe 2 trades and a lot of picks in first 96. Including trading down as well.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I believe it's true and Hop will likely choose to get traded to KC or Dallas, maybe NE or Chicago. If they, the Cards refuse to trade then it'll just get ugly. This is where maybe the trenches finally get fixed. Acquire picks and more..maybe 2 trades and a lot of picks in first 96. Including trading down as well.

Spotrac calculates his present value at $23m per season over a three-year contract.

You can bet dollars to doughnuts that whichever team is willing to pay this will be A-ok with DHop.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Hop no longer has a choice where he goes... however, him being on board with his new team may help the Cards with compensation.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The reason he wants out is because we won't extend him. It's well known.

The only thing that changes that is the new GM, which is why they met.

If it was all Kyler that meeting never happens.
It can be both. If you’re the GM and one of your 3-4 best players is making unhappy sounds, prolly good to check in with him.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hold on now Brian, OJ looking for the bad guy whom unfortunately took his wife off our planet takes priority first.
So true. He just knows that those responsible are on a golf course somewhere.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It can be both. If you’re the GM and one of your 3-4 best players is making unhappy sounds, prolly good to check in with him.

It was reported that Hopkins wanted out after his PED suspension and we didn't restructure the contract and extend him.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Hop no longer has a choice where he goes... however, him being on board with his new team may help the Cards with compensation.
Plus if someone respects, likes a player they set them free. He tried with his leadership which will work on an authoritarian team like NE. He's ready to reload on an experienced, veteran team where his leadership is an asset and utilized.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Plus if someone respects, likes a player they set them free. He tried with his leadership which will work on an authoritarian team like NE. He's ready to reload on an experienced, veteran team where his leadership is an asset and utilized.
Just like Patrick Peterson, deandre's leadership went the toilet with his ped suspension.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Chicago traded the #32 pick for Claypool:shock::shock:. They could've probably gotten Hopkins for that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave