Cardinals come tied last in NFLPA player poll

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He’s a guy without a day job that likes to be in the lockerroom and in the film room. If you think he doesn’t know how his operation is run I guess I could say there’s a slim chance of that being true. But it would be the remotest of remote possibilities possible.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the guy, I guess I'm mostly just flabbergasted an obvious safety issue like the weight room floor would just be waved away when he drops millions elsewhere. Flooring ain't THAT expensive.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess is that the tax savings playing in AZ and paying per take-home meal are less than the income taxes playing for an LA or NY team. Heck, cost of living, too.

I think there are 8 teams in no tax states but after that Arizona is the next lowest I think.

Even 1% more tax on a vet min salary is $10k a year. We're talking a few hundred bucks on optional meals. It's not even close.

Have you ever worked anywhere that gave something away free? What happened to it? What do people think would happen if 90 players were allowed to take free takeaway for dinner every day? How much of it would actually get eaten? How many of those 90 would take the free food just because it's free then decide they wanted something else?

I'm not fussed about charging for takeaway. That a BS complaint. Mike shouldn't charge for offseason meals at the facility though while players are training. That's BS from Mike.

I do draw a line where we should be doing everything possible to keep our players in top shape, though. Great food, balanced nutrition, low stress, comfortable exercise facilities, and less years where we're the most injured in the league.

Absolutely agree.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the guy, I guess I'm mostly just flabbergasted an obvious safety issue like the weight room floor would just be waved away when he drops millions elsewhere. Flooring ain't THAT expensive.

That would be a reasonable thought to have and I think you could safely come to the conclusion, considering the money spent elsewhere, that it isn't a money issue.

It could have only become an issue this past season and it might on the list to get replaced this offseason. You can't do it in season obviously. Players obviously wouldn't know that and list it as an issue anyway.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Britcard on the mod's warning. Whether you agree with his opinions or not, he's clearly taken a lot of personal broadsides on this one, and the mod decides to question his responses??? Both sides need a time out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's early.

This thread does suck. Just a bunch of flame wars going on.

I'm close to locking it.

It has become completely pointless and unconstructive thread for sure.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Britcard on the mod's warning. Whether you agree with his opinions or not, he's clearly taken a lot of personal broadsides on this one, and the mod decides to question his responses??? Both sides need a time out.

Oi less on the timeouts thanks! :)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dude. There are like at least half a dozen similar cheap shots aimed my way and this got your attention?
Dude. You're saying you're literally the only poster that, with consistency, presents valid, reasoned logic. You think that's going to go over well on a freaking message board? lol

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
***** I'm reopening this for more discussion about the Report Cards and Player Polls. If any flaming toward other posters occurs, timeouts will be given...and with the uniform reveal and draft coming up, it would behoove you not to engage with and getting chippy with others. *****

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per the Athletic...

“The report cards are revealing,” said one veteran agent. “It tells you about organizations. We talk all the time about why organizations are better than others. We just got the reasons.”

Atallah would not reveal the union’s definitions for each grade but did explain that an F-minus meant the union had information that the team knew about an issue and still didn’t fix it. Six teams received at least one F-minus. The Cardinals received three, the only team that super-failed in multiple categories.

“Players describe it as a health and safety risk just to walk through the weight room,” the union wrote in Arizona’s report. “The flooring is nearly a unanimous complaint.”

The NFLPA report card exposed the Cardinals as the only team that charged players for dinner and dinged Arizona for having an outdated facility, not enough athletic trainers on staff and for using a small plane for team travel. When asked about his reaction to the team’s report card grade, a former Cardinals coach giggled. “If you allow the players to speak their truth, they speak their truth,” he said.

“It’s the day-to-day things,” a former Cardinals player said. “And you see the effort that goes into just doing little things. Little things go a long way.”

OOF. OOF... OOF...

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Athletic...

The Cardinals put out a statement saying the survey pointed out areas they already knew needed fixing. A Cardinals spokesperson told The Athletic the team was planning on upgrading equipment in the weight room and training room and replacing the turf in the indoor practice facility, an investment they said will cost seven figures.

Gannon said that since he and new general manager Monti Ossenfort were hired this offseason, Arizona has made some “big-time changes.”

“Food, weight room, facilities, contracts,” Gannon said. “Michael (Bidwill) has been fantastic. He really has. He came into my office the other day and he says, ‘I want technology.’ He wanted that talked about and updated.”

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
No kidding....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
They also didn't reveal percentage of San Francisco, but they rank 7th. Who knows how low they truly were/are. Comments made by players and coaches yesterday sounded pretty positive on the fixes and overall situation. I think the bandaid has been ripped off and the true nature of the wound has been revealed. No place to go but up, from here. For me, it no longer makes sense to continue down the negative rabbit holes of suckage... everything is out in the open. I'm just going to sit back and continue to see how the team (ownership, front office, coaches and players) respond.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Per the Athletic...

“The report cards are revealing,” said one veteran agent. “It tells you about organizations. We talk all the time about why organizations are better than others. We just got the reasons.”

Atallah would not reveal the union’s definitions for each grade but did explain that an F-minus meant the union had information that the team knew about an issue and still didn’t fix it. Six teams received at least one F-minus. The Cardinals received three, the only team that super-failed in multiple categories.

“Players describe it as a health and safety risk just to walk through the weight room,” the union wrote in Arizona’s report. “The flooring is nearly a unanimous complaint.”

The NFLPA report card exposed the Cardinals as the only team that charged players for dinner and dinged Arizona for having an outdated facility, not enough athletic trainers on staff and for using a small plane for team travel. When asked about his reaction to the team’s report card grade, a former Cardinals coach giggled. “If you allow the players to speak their truth, they speak their truth,” he said.

“It’s the day-to-day things,” a former Cardinals player said. “And you see the effort that goes into just doing little things. Little things go a long way.”

OOF. OOF... OOF...

We're number one at something at least.

Yay.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Overall I consider this old news now and potentially more a Keim issue.

The new GM and Gannon especially have both said that not only had Bidwill been open to improvements but has been pushing them to come up with suggestions.

It seems work was already being done as soon as Keim departed and more is on the way. With Ertz saying there are already several improvements.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Pretty much the lowest point in my almost 50 year fandom.

Things can change but right now I feel bad for the players on this team.

The leadership change gives some reason to hope, but who could possibly be excited about being part of this organization?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much the lowest point in my almost 50 year fandom.

Things can change but right now I feel bad for the players on this team.

The leadership change gives some reason to hope, but who could possibly be excited about being part of this organization?
KM has a ton of $$$$$ coming, pretty sure he's excited :cool:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Per Athletic...

The Cardinals put out a statement saying the survey pointed out areas they already knew needed fixing. A Cardinals spokesperson told The Athletic the team was planning on upgrading equipment in the weight room and training room and replacing the turf in the indoor practice facility, an investment they said will cost seven figures.

Gannon said that since he and new general manager Monti Ossenfort were hired this offseason, Arizona has made some “big-time changes.”

“Food, weight room, facilities, contracts,” Gannon said. “Michael (Bidwill) has been fantastic. He really has. He came into my office the other day and he says, ‘I want technology.’ He wanted that talked about and updated.”
That’s good. Baby steps. But this whole thing will always be a part of the Cardinals reputation now.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It will be forgotten as soon as the next report comes out in 2024.
Maybe. But they have to improve first.

We got three super-effs because they knew about issues and chose not to fix them already. I'm not willing to get on board with the veteran mouthpieces who already got paid (Ertz) and new coaches (Gannon) who weren't here last year talking about change until the vast majority of players say there is change.

Personally, I want to know what the people at the bottom of the roster think. From Dortch to the practice squad.

Also..... None of this will speak for the employees either. This culture problem has a lot of rotten branches IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose