ACL concern for Kyler Murray, just asking

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Amen squared! I am sure you know that when the breed was developed, Greyhounds are a good part of the heritage, ergo sight hunters. They can spot things I can never
see. They are like velcro....must be close to my legs all the time...when she tore her ACL it was at the dog park andd I didn't see it happen, not that it would have made
a difference...she was almost as fast as a Vishla..not any more but still loves to run
I've had rottweilers, big and scary gentle giants!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Amen squared! I am sure you know that when the breed was developed, Greyhounds are a good part of the heritage, ergo sight hunters. They can spot things I can never
see. They are like velcro....must be close to my legs all the time...when she tore her ACL it was at the dog park andd I didn't see it happen, not that it would have made
a difference...she was almost as fast as a Vishla..not any more but still loves to run
Interestingly my vizsla loves dobies. And Great Danes.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
In under 21 years of age the risk of a second tear is in the twenty+ percent range. At Murray’s age it‘s about half that. Tearing the other knee is about twice as likely as the other knee.

Reaction score
My uncle had two pure bred Dobermans approx 3-4 years old at this juncture and they were both great dogs and friendly loyal etc….Uncle is a huge dog guy no bad treatment or being misraised. One day we’re in the back yard I was probably 16-17 were all playing and hanging out and one of them out of nowhere proceeded to bite the face off the 6 year old neighbor kid who was over. Coulda died and needed extensive plastic surgery. Damn shame scarred for life. Haven’t trusted them since honestly. But feel bad for the kid scarred badly for life. My uncle had to put the one down and ever since had had rottweilllers.

I had an acquaintance that had a very well trained dobie to the point that I thought he was cruel to her. He would make her sit & stay in a position with sunglasses on & whatnot & if she moved he would hit her or grab her very aggressively by the snout & shake her head. Made me sick. But you could tell she was very loyal to him & always looked to him as far as what to do. Guy was an ***** & all about the control. Very smart dogs. A little hyper but they just need to be worked out & exercised.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
In under 21 years of age the risk of a second tear is in the twenty+ percent range. At Murray’s age it‘s about half that. Tearing the other knee is about twice as likely as the other knee.
That is sorta what I figure, thanks Harry

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've had rottweilers, big and scary gentle giants!
They take a bad rep for no reason...yes they sure are gentle giants...people who don't know dogs don't realize they are reflections of the behavior or their owners...a Yorkie can be a "monster" if not properly trained and is around lunatics.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They take a bad rep for no reason...yes they sure are gentle giants...people who don't know dogs don't realize they are reflections of the behavior or their owners...a Yorkie can be a "monster" if not properly trained and is around lunatics.
I have a bad stigma against them because as a kid, Rottweilers were always ultra aggressive to be around, bad owner or not. But as someone who has been around plenty of wonderful Pitbulls that have similar bad reputations, I try not to let it stick with me.

I haven't met a dog that hasn't liked me since I've been an adult, even ones that are generally ill behaved or dangerous, but there's certain breeds I'd be a little bit more wary of having around if I knew I was with a kid or someone who was a bit skittish around dogs.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have a bad stigma against them because as a kid, Rottweilers were always ultra aggressive to be around, bad owner or not. But as someone who has been around plenty of wonderful Pitbulls that have similar bad reputations, I try not to let it stick with me.

I haven't met a dog that hasn't liked me since I've been an adult, even ones that are generally ill behaved or dangerous, but there's certain breeds I'd be a little bit more wary of having around if I knew I was with a kid or someone who was a bit skittish around dogs.
Off NFL stuff....I never, albeit thought about it, got a rescue. Why? Because there are too many a--h---s who abuse dogs and turn them in and who knows what the poor animal went through...sad and disgusting

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Off NFL stuff....I never, albeit thought about it, got a rescue. Why? Because there are too many a--h---s who abuse dogs and turn them in and who knows what the poor animal went through...sad and disgusting
Conversely I've only had rescues, as an adult. I currently have Max, a 55 lb beagle mix, who was previously a bait dog. He was broken and torn up, when the shelter got him...they spent over $20k putting him back together...and he's an awesome dog.
You must be registered for see images attach

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Conversely I've only had rescues, as an adult. I currently have Max, a 55 lb beagle mix, who was previously a bait dog. He was broken and torn up, when the shelter got him...they spent over $20k putting him back together...and he's an awesome dog.
That is great!!! A fine person are you...aside for the flavor of your football team!!!
(a chicago cardinal fan here)

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
this is my best friend Goober for the past 9 years,

Attachments

• 20638285_1885567488126385_7953411408974276830_n.jpg
    20638285_1885567488126385_7953411408974276830_n.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
I used to hate Yorkies until I had one. Fiercely loyal & will try to protect you against anything no matter the size it's up against. I used to think of them as little yappers & not good for anything. I still miss my little guy who passed a couple of years ago. He was afraid of thunderstorms though. Here he is hiding under the bed during a storm.

Attachments

• IMG_20130308_143950.jpg
    IMG_20130308_143950.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20130308_144738.jpg
    IMG_20130308_144738.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 4

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I used to hate Yorkies until I had one. Fiercely loyal & will try to protect you against anything no matter the size it's up against. I used to think of them as little yappers & not good for anything. I still miss my little guy who passed a couple of years ago. He was afraid of thunderstorms though. Here he is hiding under the bed during a storm.
I can't "hate" any dog, albeit I am a big dog person. Not a lizard person, those I dislike, which will always keep me out of AZ!! Better for me when they were the CHICAGO/STLOU CARDS!!!

Reaction score
I can't "hate" any dog, albeit I am a big dog person. Not a lizard person, those I dislike, which will always keep me out of AZ!! Better for me when they were the CHICAGO/STLOU CARDS!!!
I guess hate was too strong a word as I love all dogs. They just weren't my preference. :thumbup:

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess hate was too strong a word as I love all dogs. They just weren't my preference. :thumbup:
No big deal....I don't measure people's words...i get it!! But being a Cardinal BB fan, I DO dislike the Cubs...but they may be better than many think this year...Cards starting pitching is highly suspect

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The sweetest dog I ever had was a rescue German shepherd. Never tussled with any other dog or even growled at any human. Can only say that about one other dog I ever had, an old English sheepdog who was just a goofy lovable 85lbs ball of fur. And I’ve had a French bulldog, a boxer, an Akita, a Weimaraner, a vizsla, a border collie, a retriever mix, a dobie mix.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The sweetest dog I ever had was a rescue German shepherd. Never tussled with any other dog or even growled at any human. Can only say that about one other dog I ever had, an old English sheepdog who was just a goofy lovable 85lbs ball of fur. And I’ve had a French bulldog, a boxer, an Akita, a Weimaraner, a vizsla, a border collie, a retriever mix, a dobie mix.
Good for you!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave