Hopkins' Contract

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I wasn't going to share this (but this thread keeps popping up) because it isn't really news and I'm not going to say how I heard it but Hopkins is indeed all but gone - and has recently said so in conversation (not with myself) at a certain facility this past week. No details or anything juicy, just that he will not be in Arizona this season

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Today‘s word on the street. Even if some WR busts loose at the Combine, the draft pool & FA pool are both so weak the consensus is the Cards could get a first round pick for Hopkins. I still favor retaining him, as I see no replacement. Nonetheless you could objectively say he‘s at peak value now.
First choice: redo contract and extend him
Second choice: trade him

Reaction score
Seen a few tweets suggesting word on the street in Indy is that Chiefs are his most likely destination - I guess mainly based on this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It needs to be said again and until the end of time, but Allbright is a hack.

KC would ne surprising, WR and CB are two positions they intentionally went cheap with, and still won a SB. Of course it's possible, but I find it unlikely they are willing to take on Dhop.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It needs to be said again and until the end of time, but Allbright is a hack.

KC would ne surprising, WR and CB are two positions they intentionally went cheap with, and still won a SB. Of course it's possible, but I find it unlikely they are willing to take on Dhop.
Agreed. They wouldn't pay their own #10 (who's better), so they ain't paying out #10.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Cardinals aren't asking for a 1. I still think the Giants at 58 plus a later pick gets it done. That later pick might be conditional for next year though.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like the Cardinals aren't asking for a 1. I still think the Giants at 58 plus a later pick gets it done. That later pick might be conditional for next year though.

As long as it's not the Cowboys. Just don't trade him to the Cowboys.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Screw this, it is reported Daniel Jones will be wanting 45 mil a year. Hence, supply and demand and not actual ability comes into play at a premier position like QB. D-Hop is a great guy for the most part and an elite but still a poor man's version of Larry Fitzgerald catching the ball, but he does not make sense for this team now at his age and this team's current readjusting to pay him that

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
New England is a bit of a surprise given DHop's ugly breakup with Bill O'Brian. Maybe KC coughs up #31 but with the draft in KC they probably want to have a first this year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I will be pretty happy if we end up with a second rounder. (obviously I am hoping for more but a 2nd is pretty good)
When I play around with the PFF mock draft simulator, New England or Baltimore offer the most for Hopkins. Both teams make a ton of sense.