Autry Denson is RB coach

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Just given the first bit of his resume, it does not appear sparkling.
Yea strong voice in the weekly gameplan strategy, he is not. No nfl coaching experience, out of college coaching for years.
im trying t0 be supportive, it really very little go on in this staff. Just blindfolded walking the plank into our future. Sharks are happy.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Autry Lamont Denson (born December 8, 1976[1]) is an American gridiron football coach and former player. He was most recently the head football coach at Charleston Southern University, a position he has held since 2019.[2] Denson played college football as running back at the University of Notre Dame. He played professionally for four seasons in the National Football League (NFL) with the Miami Dolphins, the Indianapolis Colts, and the Chicago Bears and one season in the Canadian Football League (CFL) with the Montreal Alouettes.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Just another guy I'm a little concerned about only having college experience, but at least he played the position in the NFL.

To be clear, when I express concern about the college coaches it's not me saying Gannon is making poor choices necessarily, I'm just worried it's a little too much inexperience across the board, and coaching professionally brings a different kind of player to coach, and literal different rules and hashmarks to worry about.

Not that I don't think these coaches are incapable of differentiating these things, just that there's nuance, and previous habits in teaching will have to be changed.

You must be registered for see images attach

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just another guy I'm a little concerned about only having college experience, but at least he played the position in the NFL.

To be clear, when I express concern about the college coaches it's not me saying Gannon is making poor choices necessarily, I'm just worried it's a little too much inexperience across the board, and coaching professionally brings a different kind of player to coach, and literal different rules and hashmarks to worry about.

Not that I don't think these coaches are incapable of differentiating these things, just that there's nuance, and previous habits in teaching will have to be changed.

He was an RB that played 4 years in the NFL. He also played for Norte Dame and was an HC for an HBCU team. IMO its is great for the Cards to bring in minority coaches. Surprised at the criticism on the Board.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This hire doesnt make sense. dude worked his way up the coaching ladder to Notre Dame, then spiraled back down to high school... then accepted a job as an administrator....and suddenly he is coaching in the NFL?
dude attributes the opportunity to God and I am inclined to agree with him...nothing else explains it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This hire doesnt make sense. dude worked his way up the coaching ladder to Notre Dame, then spiraled back down to high school... then accepted a job as an administrator....and suddenly he is coaching in the NFL?
dude attributes the opportunity to God and I am inclined to agree with him...nothing else explains it.
He was the head coach at a Division I school until a couple of months ago.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He was the head coach at a Division I school until a couple of months ago.
ah...you mean this.
YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffs
Charleston Southern Buccaneers (Big South Conference) (2019–2022)
2019Charleston Southern6–64–23rd
2020–21Charleston Southern2–22–23rd
2021Charleston Southern4–63–4T–3rd
2022Charleston Southern2–82–3T–3rd
Charleston Southern:14–2211–11
Total:14–22

sorry... I thought charleston southern was a high school.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He has a long history of coaching running backs...Oh, and he's Notre Dames all time leading rusher. I thought I recognized the name.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Correct - a Division I University
P.S.
I aint necessarily hating on the guy. His career has been sketchy is all... but he does have history as a successful RB coach at the collegiate level.
very possible he just wasnt ready to be a HC when that opportunity came up...and he took the admin job because a dude gotta make a living, I get that.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P.S.
I aint necessarily hating on the guy. His career has been sketchy is all... but he does have history as a successful RB coach at the collegiate level.
very possible he just wasnt ready to be a HC when that opportunity came up...and he took the admin job because a dude gotta make a living, I get that.
The Admin job last all of three months until he got the call.

CSU is a tough place to win - small, private Baptist college with strict honor code.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson