Durant to Suns

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And again, I strongly disagree. I asked which players get wildly overrated like that in the East and the response was pretty much no one.

Like… guys like DeRozan, Zach Lavine both put up similiar numbers to Book, play in one of the biggest markets in the league and no one equates them to him. Do you think eventually Mikal is going to be a 25-27 ppg scorer? It’s not like guys averaging 20-22 ppg in the East are compared to Book. Jalen Brunson isn’t considered in Book’s league even though he’s in NY. Julius Randle is having another big season but no one would say he makes an impact like Book:

And look… I’m not putting those guys up there to browbeat you. I’m just looking at the guys who could be overrated, playing for huge franchises in the East and none of them get Devin Booker type love.

Lavine has been compared to Booker by the talking heads. I also pointed out how overrated Randle was and you kept dancing around the topic saying it didn't happen when I provided proof it did.

There's no point discussing this with you though because you seem dead set on beating the drum whenever Mikal doesn't score 20+ for some reason. Not sure what your issue is with Mikal is but he's quickly become a favorite in Brooklyn and talking heads, Kendrick Perkins, said that Phoenix was holding him back. So the narrative Mikal is something special has already started. Deny it, whatever, it doesn't make it stop or cease it from being.

Here's a piece by Sam Smith saying Lavine > Booker....
There's multiple YouTube videos discussing the topic also, search their names together and you'll see.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lavine has been compared to Booker by the talking heads.
In the last three years when Booker’s ascended to the top of the league because he’s producing on the court AND with wins? That is an argument completely without evidence. Has Zach LaVine been talked about as an MVP candidate? Let’s check… uh, NEVER.

Has Zach LaVine been named to an All-NBA team? Oh, that’s right… NEVER.

You’re literally making things up. Both were compared early in their careers… but not as super hyped guys, but as possible empty stat guys who’s teams stunk.
I also pointed out how overrated Randle was and you kept dancing around the topic saying it didn't happen when I provided proof it did.
No, I countered that when Randle had an incredible season and took the Knicks to the playoffs for the first time in forever AND HCA in the first round, he got the type of adulation ANY player would get who put up 26/11/6 and vaulted a previously terrible team to the playoffs.

Now you’ll probably counter that there’s proof in this argument because he didn’t deserve to have the 8th most MVP votes… even though his team had the 9th best record in the entire league and AGAIN, he was EASILY the best player on that team who singlehandedly lifted a previously terrible Knicks team to respectability again.

And guess what happened last year when he wasn’t as good and the Knicks tailed off significantly? Shockingly he did NOT get good press.

And guess what’s going on this year now that he’s playing at a really high level and the Knicks are winning? He’s getting good press again. Crazy the way that works, huh?
There's no point discussing this with you though because you seem dead set on beating the drum whenever Mikal doesn't score 20+ for some reason. Not sure what your issue is with Mikal is but he's quickly become a favorite in Brooklyn and talking heads, Kendrick Perkins, said that Phoenix was holding him back. So the narrative Mikal is something special has already started. Deny it, whatever, it doesn't make it stop or cease it from being.
Lol… okay. Right now he’s a wildly inconsistent guy who can score 24 one night, 13 the next, 45 the next and then 7 the next… while currently leading his team toward the toilet with a sterling 1-4 record. But if Perk says he’s something special then it must be true that the entire league is eventually going to deem him a HOF level player like Book, Pippen, Kawhi, Butler.
Here's a piece by Sam Smith saying Lavine > Booker....
There's multiple YouTube videos discussing the topic also, search their names together and you'll see.

Oh my gosh… someone posted a clickbait article so it must be true! Give me a break.

This narrative has zero basis in fact.

Here’s the reality on the East Coast Media overhype players who don’t deserve it so Mikal will be compared to Booker… if Mikal becomes consistent and puts up 24/5/4 stats and leads the the Nets to consistent playoff appearances that sometimes even get HCA in the first round, he’ll get major props. But that happens to every player who does that kind of thing, East or West coast.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol… okay. Right now he’s a wildly inconsistent guy who can score 24 one night, 13 the next, 45 the next and then 7 the next… while currently leading his team toward the toilet with a sterling 1-4 record. But if Perk says he’s something special then it must be true that the entire league is eventually going to deem him a HOF level player like Book, Pippen, Kawhi, Butler.
Since 1/11, Bridges has scored 20 or more points in 15/20 games. He has only scored less than 20 two times in the month of February. He has been averaging around 22 points since given a larger role both with Suns and now Nets. He has only had two less than 10 points games in over two months and only 7 times all season. During the entire run his DEF EFF has been on the rise again while stepping up his offensive game. When he is on the floor he has a +/- of 15. Shooting almost 40% from the three this season.

Have no clue if he keeps this up but he is playing fantastic and pretty consistent overall IMO. I have no clue why you are being so hard on Bridges but most teams would die to have that level of consistency. You are right, he isn't a Booker but damn if he keeps this up? He is a bonified foundational piece on any team.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since 1/11, Bridges has scored 20 or more points in 15/20 games. He has only scored less than 20 two times in the month of February. He has been averaging around 22 points since given a larger role both with Suns and now Nets. He has only had two less than 10 points games in over two months and only 7 times all season. During the entire run his DEF EFF has been on the rise again while stepping up his offensive game. When he is on the floor he has a +/- of 15. Shooting almost 40% from the three this season.

Have no clue if he keeps this up but he is playing fantastic and pretty consistent overall IMO. I have no clue why you are being so hard on Bridges but most teams would die to have that level of consistency. You are right, he isn't a Booker but damn if he keeps this up? He is a bonified foundational piece on any team.

I know why, he's a curmudgeon who can't stand seeing anyone have a different opinion than him. Even when you provide proof of him being incorrect he just stomps his feet and gets personal while moving goal posts so it's really not worth debating with him further because clearly he's allowed to say whatever here while others try and remain civil.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Like champions. They know they aren't winning a title without Giannis.
The insinuation that the Suns are putting together a "super" team is interesting. Does he really rate Ayton/Booker > Middleton/Holiday?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The insinuation that the Suns are putting together a "super" team is interesting. Does he really rate Ayton/Booker > Middleton/Holiday?
To be fair I believe Giannis was reading off a teleprompter, still can't believe he read that ish. To answer the question tho, I think traditionally 3 top tier players is what constitutes a "super team" but the quartet we have is pretty close. If they can win a then perhaps an argument could be made

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Maybe if you add the accolades of Paul, but I agree, the supporting cast Giannis has is quite impressive. Both those guys are All Star level and more. Plus they have Carter :notworthy:

I think them and Boston will get far in the East and will be hard to beat if we make it to the Finals, but it's early to tell how good our team will be with Durant. Let's check back in April.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe if you add the accolades of Paul, but I agree, the supporting cast Giannis has is quite impressive. Both those guys are All Star level and more. Plus they have Carter :notworthy:

I think them and Boston will get far in the East and will be hard to beat if we make it to the Finals, but it's early to tell how good our team will be with Durant. Let's check back in April.
Haha yea told my gf hanging with my bro tom

I just can absolutely not miss kd debut as a suns player no freaking way!! Lol

Also got my 420 Wonka purple kush rdy to go after hopefully a big kd performance:) man I'm hyped

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Yep, Celts and Bucks scare me more than anyone in the west. Best we can hope for is a war of attrition before the Finals. (and I'm getting way ahead of myself at this point)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Haha yea told my gf hanging with my bro tom

I just can absolutely not miss kd debut as a suns player no freaking way!! Lol

Also got my 420 Wonka purple kush rdy to go after hopefully a big kd performance:) man I'm hyped
My man...get your girl into watching the Suns, and you never have to worry about missing games!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, even as a biased Suns fan I consider the Bucks and Suns supporting teams as pretty equal, I would say Sunday's game pretty much showed as much.

I think people calling the Suns a super team is more about people wanting to dog out Durant then really thinking we are a super team. It might also be people saying that haven't seen Chris Paul play lately.