Kyler #1 Pick, 4 years later….

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And we have the #3 overall pick… When was the last time a team took a QB #1 and then just 4 years later had the #3 overall pick?
Or, when was the last time a team took a QB in the top 5 and less than 5 years later had a top 5 pick again?
I’m sure it’s happened once or twice over the years, but I can recall it happening anytime recently…

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And we have the #3 overall pick… When was the last time a team took a QB #1 and then just 4 years later had the #3 overall pick?
Or, when was the last time a team took a QB in the top 5 and less than 5 years later had a top 5 pick again?
I’m sure it’s happened once or twice over the years, but I can recall it happening anytime recently…
Eli Manning? Sam Bradford? Matt Stafford? The question isn't compelling enough for me to spend time looking this up.

I'd argue that Murray is only one player on a team of 53. Managerial incompetence is the biggest reason the Cardinals have the 3rd overall pick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eli Manning? Sam Bradford? Matt Stafford? The question isn't compelling enough for me to spend time looking this up.

I'd argue that Murray is only one player on a team of 53. Managerial incompetence is the biggest reason the Cardinals have the 3rd overall pick.

Umm.. it hasn't happened since... last year!

Lawrence #1 and then they got the #1 again last year and took Walker.
lol, man, wasn’t like he really even tried with with this question.

How bout you join the rest of us & discuss the outlook of this new coaching staff under this new GM with potentially a game-changer on the trenches? Something we know that won’t go towards a ILB.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

How bout you join the rest of us & discuss the outlook of this new coaching staff under this new GM with potentially a game-changer on the trenches? Something we know that won’t go towards a ILB.
I think this board will storm Cardinals HQ with pitchforks if the team even uses a day two pick on an ILB.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Beyond the last two drafts (who had QBs who hadn't really gotten off the ground yet and then have gotten better), it looks like the answer is Sam Bradford. They had the #2 pick (Greg Robinson) four years later. Bradford was also one of the reasons we ended up getting Kyler, so the post comes full circle!

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Umm.. it hasn't happened since... last year!

Lawrence #1 and then they got the #1 again last year and took Walker.
Yea… didn’t word this thread accurately.
Few top 5 QB’s have dragged their teams out of the basement in just one year.
So, it’s more a question about 4-5 years after taking the Top 5 QB…

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Yea… didn’t word this thread accurately.
Few top 5 QB’s have dragged their teams out of the basement in just one year.
So, it’s more a question about 4-5 years after taking the Top 5 QB…
Yeah, that's what I thought the spirit and intent of your question really was. In that context, you need to go back to Bradford, so it has been awhile.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought the spirit and intent of your question really was. In that context, you need to go back to Bradford, so it has been awhile.
Yes… and as easy as it is to point fingers at Keim, Kliff and Kyler - which is justified, IMHO it’s the owner who is at the root of this level of sucktitude…

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes… and as easy as it is to point fingers at Keim, Kliff and Kyler - which is justified, IMHO it’s the owner who is at the root of this level of sucktitude…
This is true, but outside of him being caught diddling kids, Bidwill isn't going anywhere.

Our hope is that he is still going through his learning curve. He finally kicked Keim to the curb and I call that progress.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is true, but outside of him being caught diddling kids, Bidwill isn't going anywhere.

Our hope is that he is still going through his learning curve. He finally kicked Keim to the curb and I call that progress.
Well… we will certainly find out when over the next 3-4 years… He completely overhauled the front office and coaching staff. If they all fail again… ugh…

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Lmao.....
You really have that much confidence we wont pick an ilb in the 1st?

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Well… we will certainly find out when over the next 3-4 years… He completely overhauled the front office and coaching staff. If they all fail again… ugh…

If it fails(entirely possible) it will once again be completely overhauled in several years. I totally understand getting frustrated by Bidwill at times, but the owner isn't changing, so no point in getting frustrated too much by that aspect.

While his decisions have been kind of terrible at times, he actually does seem to care about the team being successful unlike his father. He does not seem averse to spending money in attempt to achieve that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave