News and rumors of potential coaching staff additions.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly this is such a change from how the Cardinals have operated historically with assistant hiring that I’m all for it. Like I said the Bidwill’s/Cardinals need to operate like George Costanza - if every instinct they’ve had is wrong, then the opposite must be right.
Yep. Kudos to MB. Even if this doesn't pan out I can respect him getting his head out of the sand.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly this is such a change from how the Cardinals have operated historically with assistant hiring that I’m all for it. Like I said the Bidwill’s/Cardinals need to operate like George Costanza - if every instinct they’ve had is wrong, then the opposite must be right.

Absolutely. The whole NFL as a whole has an issue with recycling coaches that are proven to be mediocre just because they have experience. It's easy for head coaches, especially new head coaches, to hire experience. It's comforting.

Takes balls to hire guys based on talent with little experience.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We've seen <1% of the video. The results of his coaching, the fact he was let go, the fact that only his Uncle and Kliff have ever employed him as a coach are also evidence and literally everyone here thinks he's a bum.

But sure, there's a chance that he's really good and there's just no available evidence of it.
You like to rail on people for making up stuff. You’re calling this guy a bum based on:

< 1% actual first hand evidence - video
The fact he was fired (if that’s a criteria for a bum there are virtually nothing but bums coaching in the nfl)
“Everyone here thinks he’s a bum” - this is hyperbole at its greatest and even if it were true, this is REALLY weak circumstantial evidences at best
He’s only been hired by his uncle and kliff (who you defended for 3.75 years as a good coach)

Pot, you’re black too - The Kettle

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m really interested in who our offensive and defensive quality control coaches will be. I think these are the most important coaches involved in having the team prepared, which we were lacking past regime.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sure. I think that's fair. But then I can't think of anyone for QB coach that is available that I would consider a great hire, and I've put my mind to it.

It's not a hire that screams "This guy is going to be great" but I don't think the experience criticism is warranted as it's pretty normal. We will just have to trust that people that know the guy think he's talented.

I can: Drew Brees, part-time coach at his Alma mater.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You like to rail on people for making up stuff. You’re calling this guy a bum based on:

< 1% actual first hand evidence - video
The fact he was fired (if that’s a criteria for a bum there are virtually nothing but bums coaching in the nfl)
“Everyone here thinks he’s a bum” - this is hyperbole at its greatest and even if it were true, this is REALLY weak circumstantial evidences at best
He’s only been hired by his uncle and kliff (who you defended for 3.75 years as a good coach)

Pot, you’re black too - The Kettle

Making stuff up is creating a narrative. Mike isn't signing Payton because he's cheap and doesn't want to spend the money. We lost out of Joe Montana because we couldn't find the key to the stadium. Steve Keim is a drug addict. We're signing college coaches because Mike is cheap and we can pay them less. That kind of crap.

This is an opinion. I absolutely agree it's based on a relatively small amount of evidence and the results of his coaching but there's certainly nothing that tells me he's good.

QB coaches are normally next in line for OC jobs. Where is the interest in Cam Turner? No teams have ever shown any interest in him. There's no buzz about him in the media. Nobody is saying he's a rising star. Kyler isn't buzzing about him and saying what a great help he has been. Kliff hasn't been buzzing about him. Cards media hasn't been buzzing about him. Even now, with several staffs being put together nobody has shown interest in him. He's 35 years old. That's a primo age for a young offensive coach. He should be a hot commodity. Instead we just replaced him with a guy 4 years younger with 1 year in the league.

There's zero positive about him in the world and what is out there doesn't look good. My opinion is based on that. I think it's fair. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

If anyone here has a different opinion on Cam Turner I'm happy to hear why.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Making stuff up is creating a narrative. Mike isn't signing Payton because he's cheap and doesn't want to spend the money. We lost out of Joe Montana because we couldn't find the key to the stadium. Steve Keim is a drug addict. We're signing college coaches because Mike is cheap and we can pay them less. That kind of crap.

This is an opinion. I absolutely agree it's based on a relatively small amount of evidence and the results of his coaching but there's certainly nothing that tells me he's good.

QB coaches are normally next in line for OC jobs. Where is the interest in Cam Turner? No teams have ever shown any interest in him. There's no buzz about him in the media. Nobody is saying he's a rising star. Kyler isn't buzzing about him and saying what a great help he has been. Kliff hasn't been buzzing about him. Cards media hasn't been buzzing about him. Even now, with several staffs being put together nobody has shown interest in him. He's 35 years old. That's a primo age for a young offensive coach. He should be a hot commodity. Instead we just replaced him with a guy 4 years younger with 1 year in the league.

There's zero positive about him in the world and what is out there doesn't look good. My opinion is based on that. I think it's fair. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

If anyone here has a different opinion on Cam Turner I'm happy to hear why.
There’s a universe between being a star or hot commodity and being a bum. You called him a bum.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but has there been any news on a strength and conditioning coach?
I would like to see that... the current guy, Buddy Morris ?? been around a while... but it sure seems like our injuries have skyrocketed the past few years.
same with the turf... we had the unanimous best field in the NFL for years and suddenly the past couple years it is rated one of the worst.
Field may have a lot to do with injuries too.

just checked... Buddy Morris has been with us for 9 years now

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to see that... the current guy, Buddy Morris ?? been around a while... but it sure seems like our injuries have skyrocketed the past few years.
same with the turf... we had the unanimous best field in the NFL for years and suddenly the past couple years it is rated one of the worst.
Field may have a lot to do with injuries too.

just checked... Buddy Morris has been with us for 9 years now

I think he stays, at least for now. He won strength coach of the year not long ago.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I’m really interested in who our offensive and defensive quality control coaches will be. I think these are the most important coaches involved in having the team prepared, which we were lacking past regime.
I’m waiting for any Fb coach? 2 pass game coordinators , again, with no emphasis on a run game staff at all, pisses me off.

THESMEL

Reaction score
The game has changed since the 70s. Go look at the Superbowl champs. As you say they pass like their hairs on fire.
The game has changed since the 70s. Go look at the Superbowl champs. As you say they pass like their hairs on fire.
I thought I seen Pacheco open up things for Mahones. hell I was under the delusion that the run game helped balance both teams all year but yea your right,
there was 27 passes to 26 runs In the Super Bowl.
189 yards is on fire?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I thought I seen Pacheco open up things for Mahones. hell I was under the delusion that the run game helped balance both teams all year but yea your right,
there was 27 passes to 26 runs In the Super Bowl.
189 yards is on fire?

I am talking about the season not just one game.

THESMEL

Reaction score
I am talking about the season not just one game.
So am I
Unless you thing 2k for a team us a weak effort.

Last edited:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
So am I
Unless you thing 2k for a team us a weak effort.

I have no idea what you are talking about here, but the site you posted show KC passed over 600 times to just over 400 runs. So 2 of every 3 plays they passed, and that doesn't include when PM drooped back and then ran. Oh nevermind...

THESMEL

Reaction score
I have no idea what you are talking about here, but the site you posted show KC passed over 600 times to just over 400 runs. So 2 of every 3 plays they passed, and that doesn't include when PM drooped back and then ran. Oh nevermind...
I’m talking about the effectiveness of the run to open up the passing. Just like the 15 Carrie’s in the super bowl, that made the 189 passing yards just enough to win .
Pacheco was used at the right time with effectiveness to keep the defense on It’s toes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson