OT: Vance Joseph hired as the Broncos new DC

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I harbor no hate for that man. He had a horrible roster last year. Not many DCs would have done better.
He was hamstrung by a very weak CB group especially after Murphy went down. They couldn't play man or zone. He didn't help, but the roster is very weak on the defensive side of the ball.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he's a bad coach, not great, but not bad. He just doesn't strike me as a great leader. Having Payton as a head coach might be what he needs to succeed and I hope he does.

mobyhammy

Reaction score
He was hamstrung by a very weak CB group especially after Murphy went down. They couldn't play man or zone. He didn't help, but the roster is very weak on the defensive side of the ball.
You're right about that. Apart from Baker, the whole secondary was questionable. It wasn't VJ's fault that we lost Chandler Jones, Hassan Reddick, Patrick Peterson among others, and that Watt was injured for most of his time here.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right about that. Apart from Baker, the whole secondary was questionable. It wasn't VJ's fault that we lost Chandler Jones, Hassan Reddick, Patrick Peterson among others, and that Watt was injured for most of his time here.
Are we sure about that? I know Keim was the GM, but I'm sure he doesn't make all of the decisions in a vacuum. I'm sure he had input from Vance, positional coaches etc.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
As a Broncos fan, not happy. Joseph is a terrible coach. Denver should be embarrassed that Cardinals fans get to laugh at them. I hope Keim doesn't end up as our next GM.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
As a Broncos fan, not happy. Joseph is a terrible coach. Denver should be embarrassed that Cardinals fans get to laugh at them. I hope Keim doesn't end up as our next GM.
It does suck that you guys went from such a great DC to Vance Joseph. You better hope Payton gets the offense rolling because chances are the defense will regress some.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
His staff so far looks dubious

How would we feel with that staff after getting all excited about Payton?

It's possible Fangio was in play for us and not for the Broncos. We heard nothing of him until essentially SP made up his mind.

Lombardi was with him in NO and we expected Payton to call plays anyway, so that was the speculation after he was let go.