Bidwill says Saints demands led them away from Payton

Reaction score
I've been super unimpressed with how he's putting his staff together too. Apart from hiring a few Saints assistants to step up into position coaches he's done little.

Still has no OC or DC. Did he not come into this with guys already lined up?
12 months out of the game is a long time it seems. ‘His guys’ suddenly became ‘someone else’s guys’.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
The responses in this topic are certainly far different than the numerous threads on here just a couple weeks ago.(the overwhelming criticism directed at Bidwill). Lol. I think I may owe Bidwill an apology for my own harsh criticism on this.

Granted, time will tell how good our current coaches are(and how well Payton does in Denver) but keeping Vance on staff and losing high draft picks doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Wonder what the saints were asking and what was our counter?
Well Denver ended up giving them a 1 this year and 2 next year for Payton + 3 next year. So, you'd think any deal we did would have had to include our 1st either this year or next year. I'm glad that the team didn't trade a first in either year.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've been super unimpressed with how he's putting his staff together too. Apart from hiring a few Saints assistants to step up into position coaches he's done little.

Still has no OC or DC. Did he not come into this with guys already lined up?
I read an article earlier where there's already complaints about him being so slow with putting a staff together.

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
The Broncos sent the Saints the first round pick they received from Miami (that was originally San Fran's) #29 overall and next years second and in turn received a third rounder next year as well. I don't know about others on this board but our second round pick is only 5 slots lower at #34 so if we packaged that with a 2 next year and received say only a 4th rounder back instead of a 3rd that is a pretty similar package and I would have taken that deal. Maybe Payton is assembling his staff slowly but the guy would have brought instant credibility to the franchise and enthusiam to the fanbase something which is tbd with Gannon. Maybe Gannon will prove to be a better hire in the long run but as is stands right now its a big unknown especially with most of his staff having little to no experience in their new roles.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose