New OC Drew Petzing Introductory Presser

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Gannon - Drew's experience in Cleveland working with a temporary QB (waiting for Watson) was a positive.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kyler will be “stressed out mentally” by the offseason meetings even if he can’t work on the field.

Meetings will be “interactive” designed to get the players to understand the discussion not just regurgitate or memorize.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I will say this:

Kliff never came off as an idiot in a press conference, but Gannon seems much more intelligent. He just commands the press conference the entire time and really knows how to steer them the direction he wants them to go.

It sounds like he is really into the "meeting of the minds" kind of situation. He's mentioned it quite few times about challenging candidates to see what their answers were. Sounds like a ton of good dialog.

But football is still more Johnny and Joe's than X's and O's.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will say this:

Kliff never came off as an idiot in a press conference, but Gannon seems much more intelligent. He just commands the press conference the entire time and really knows how to steer them the direction he wants them to go.

It sounds like he is really into the "meeting of the minds" kind of situation. He's mentioned it quite few times about challenging candidates to see what their answers were. Sounds like a ton of good dialog.

I have to say after the last few pressers, my impression of Gannon has improved.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I will say this:

I’m loving it so far.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Petzing was freaking boring to listen to. I'm a little scared of the "Mike McCoy Approach" that he is taking.

Tell us some of your offensive principles. Don't just tell us you're going to run plays that fit the personnel.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Petzing was freaking boring to listen to. I'm a little scared of the "Mike McCoy Approach" that he is taking.

Tell us some of your offensive principles. Don't just tell us you're going to run plays that fit the personnel.
Petzing did a nice job last year in Cleveland. Who cares what he says in a stupid presser. The guy is extremely intelligent. One thing that I heard that we’ll see are moving pockets. Thank God for that. I feel like I’ve been screaming for that the last 4 years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will say this:

It is, but Gannon has said it's all about the coaching. Their job is to get the process right. Coach the players right, and the wins will come from that.

Good coaching is what this team has been missing. I mean, Kyler is still holding the ball like a loaf in year 4.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave