New Defensive Assistant Coach Patrick Toney (age 32)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are we pointing out ages in thread titles? lol Who cares, at this point? It makes us seem like a bunch of, Get Off My Lawn, old men...hahaha
I think it is cool. Love the youth movement. This way when someone sees we got a new coach they don't even need to open the thread to find out how young he is. LOL

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Why are we pointing out ages in thread titles? lol Who cares, at this point? It makes us seem like a bunch of, Get Off My Lawn, old men...hahaha
It is somewhat notable that we're going with such neophytes no? It's a fascinating strategy - hopefully it works!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I absolutely love the youth movement.
I do not hate it, but I am absolutely apprehensive. Alright, to be frank it is scaring the hell out of me, but just putting blind faith in the coach and GM that there is a method to this youth madness which is in the extremes all the way around... if this hiring approach does not scare you, oh well

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I do not hate it, but I am absolutely apprehensive. Alright, to be frank it is scaring the hell out of me, but just putting blind faith in the coach and GM that there is a method to this youth madness which is in the extremes all the way around... if this hiring approach does not scare you, oh well

I can't count the number of posts I read on this site calling for top-to-bottom change.

Well, here it is!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Did you watch the Rallis press conference?

Gannon's quote of "Experience is not synonymous with knowledge". That's what he said when the 1st reporter asked about the age of the staff.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
The youth movement IMO is better than the old boys network that keeps NFL coaches employed forever. They just rotate from one team to another and everyone lauds their experience.
The NFL at the end of the day is about money and one attains money through winning. Now the quote 'good ole body' fraternity still exists but there is a reason older coaches still keep getting chances and that is because experience does matter unless a young guy is a McVay wonderkid... I do not like our percentages that our GM and Coach just happened to group together all the new McVays of the league

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
BTW, I am all for giving a young guy a chance. I am all for giving a young guy a chance at coaching or being the GM. I am all for freaking out when the entire front office is hovering around the age which a current player might see no seniority or even less actual experience in an Alpha Male sport

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty much everything the Cardinals have done the past 60 years has scared me! Do I expect mistakes to be made? Absolutely. I’m craving for a physical team that no one looks forward to playing & a team that doesn’t consistently shoot itself in the foot.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Pretty much everything the Cardinals have done the past 60 years has scared me! Do I expect mistakes to be made? Absolutely. I’m craving for a physical team that no one looks forward to playing & a team that doesn’t consistently shoot itself in the foot.
Don't get me wrong, I will be supporting these coaches. That Kool Aid part of me will give them second and third chances, but this overall age of this staff does not bode well for my confidence and hopefully I am wrong like I was about Leinart and Rosen lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course, meaning I do not hold that much credence to a press conference... especially with no games to back any stance

You can put credence in what they are. An opportunity to see someones character, ethos, personality, intelligence etc

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
You can put credence in what they are. An opportunity to see someones character, ethos, personality, intelligence etc
Sorry, I have seen a ton of people in different fields talk a good game but when the bullets fly hardly are able to hold on to a sentence which they wanted to define them... see politicians as a reference :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave