Clean slate Gang.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have discussed this head coach situation for 5 weeks. We’ve waffled between it’s taking too long to get the right guy to who cares.
We’ve debated about why this guy is better than that guy. We lamented over an experience head coach as opposed to a first time coach.
We’ve debated defensive guy vs. offensive guy. Let’s face it. This site has turned over every stone possible trying to make our point of why “ my” guy would be better than “ your” guy.

Well, it’s over. And no matter how “ smart” I am I really can’t say if Gannon was the right or wrong choice. Honestly, neither can you. But it’s a new beginning. A clean slate. It’s a new day. I’m not going to talk about the over/under on how long Gannon will last. I’m not going to talk gloom and doom. I do know that the culture of this team has already started to change and you can bet every player on this roster knows that Camp Cupcake is over.

I’m happier today then I was on the last day of the season and I’m looking forward to the changes that are going to take place. I’m going into this cautiously optimistic. Let’s give this coach and new GM a chance before we start throwing dirt on them.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I've said it many times now, but I'm optimistic. I just wanted to get rid of everything and start fresh. Here we are. It'll take some time to reap any rewards, but this feels a lot better than 30 years of front office ineptitude continuity and a fired college head coach.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
New coach and new GM was what everyone wanted. Now they moan about the details or this guy vs that guy ;)

Nobody knows how Gannon will do. Saints fans complained about Payton in 2006. Eagles fans hated Andy Reid in 1999. Eagles fans hated Doug Peterson (Eagles was the only team that interviewed him). Eagles fans didn't like Sirianni. Seahawks fans hated the Pete Carroll hire. There were no Rams fans to hate them hiring McVay but if there was they probably would.

Basically, unless your new HC is post Eagles Andy Reid or Bill Belichick fans are going to be meh.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New coach and new GM was what everyone wanted. Now they moan about the details or this guy vs that guy ;)

Nobody knows how Gannon will do. Saints fans complained about Payton in 2006. Eagles fans hated Andy Reid in 1999. Eagles fans hated Doug Peterson (Eagles was the only team that interviewed him). Eagles fans didn't like Sirianni. Seahawks fans hated the Pete Carroll hire. There were no Rams fans to hate them hiring McVay but if there was they probably would.

Basically, unless your new HC is post Eagles Andy Reid or Bill Belichick fans are going to be meh.
Lol! Which goes to prove none of us knows what tge hell we’re talking about!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol! Which goes to prove none of us knows what tge hell we’re talking about!

Eagles fans wanted Tom Coughlin when they hired Pederson.

Like with the Gannon Superbowl talk a lot of Eagles fans were bagging on Pederson for being the the OC of a team that went 16 games without a single receiving touchdown. The Eagles were the only team to interview Pederson too so they thought he wasn't wanted.

Basically fans don't know anything. Gannon might be awesome, he might suck.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've said it many times now, but I'm optimistic. I just wanted to get rid of everything and start fresh. Here we are. It'll take some time to reap any rewards, but this feels a lot better than 30 years of front office ineptitude continuity and a fired college head coach.
My thoughts exactly.

What I feared was an elevation of Wilson/Harris and for the team to promote Vance. That was worst case scenario.

Best case was new GM and Payton...but who knows, maybe Gannon is the Cardinals coach a decade from now and has his own coaching tree.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly.

What I feared was an elevation of Wilson/Harris and for the team to promote Vance. That was worst case scenario.

Best case was new GM and Payton...but who knows, maybe Gannon is the Cardinals coach a decade from now and has his own coaching tree.
100% here as well.

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Always optimistic this time of year looking forward. Out here in west Texas this is the first place I go to for Cardinals news. Thanks again to all on the board for your insights, opinions and breaking news reports. Could someone possibly start a news and rumors thread about possible coaching staff hires. I know in some of the other threads there have been mention of some possible hires. Thanks

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly.

100% Same here. So far it’s been a welcomed change.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Out of the guys left as candidates I wanted Anarumo, his defense alone against the best offenses in the AFC won me over. Well, he didn't get the job lol. I'm all in on Gannon. We got rid of Keim, Ossenfort learned how to scout & draft for the Patriots, Chris Spielman says Dave Sears is the smartest football guy he knows. That's good enough for me right now. Now let's wait & see who the coordinators are & see what happens in FA & the draft.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Like I said before, these guys get a 3 year window from me. I want to see smart player moves. I want to see a sustainable draft. As Slanidrac16 said, it's a fresh start. Let's sit back and see what these guys can do.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
60 days ago, i would have bet $1,000 that if Mike made a change, it would be to people he knew: Wilson / Harris as GMs, VJ as the HC

i dont know if Monti or Gannon will be any good or not, but i am encouraged by the fact that Mike is willing to step outside his comfort zone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave