Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The Eagles' Brass and Head Coach really, really wanted Gannon to stay, idk if they offered HC money but I'm guessing an extension and big raise was discussed

Then we have Arizona, where I'm guessing Gannon may have been a little surprised with how familiar Monti was with Gannon's career

Now I could go and say it was probably the Eagles' fan base brutally roasting Gannon after that second half that helped Gannon choose Az lol but instead I'll credit Mikey, who I'm guessing didn't let Gannon leave during all of this

Mikey isn't cheap and he should receive a little credit for not only allowing Monti to his job, but for helping Monti get Monti's choice

Much respect to Mikey

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
I am not worried about the points given up, I am concerned about how you managed to force only 1 incompletion in the second half.

He got absolutely worked at halftime adjustments.
I’ll be happy if he gets us to the playoffs. I’ll worry about getting “worked” in a Super Bowl half by Reid/Mahommes when and if the time comes. Sorry man..odd take

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ha ha. Sounds like Bidwill made a couple of fan bases happy today. The Bengals for not hiring Lou and the Eagles for hiring Gannon. Cardinal fans seem about 50/50.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
things i learned:

Kyler is in the facility
He seems genuinely happy
he is wearing a Smiths t-shirt

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
ugh…. the LAST thing I wanted to see was the KK meet and greet bro-hug. Seriously, running to meet him? I know he’s excited but I would really have preferred a much more business like approach. Anyone think Payton or Quinn or Flores would have done that?

Hopefully K1 isn’t walking away thinking “this guy is my b**ch”

The6

All Star
Reaction score
The foucs is on the coaches right now but myself I'm more concerned with how we draft in the future. So vital.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It really does start at the top with Mike.
Of course. This guy treats this franchise as his little play thing. We just have to hope Ossenfort and Gannon can work well together, and win, so it can keep MB out of the loop as much as humanly possible.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ugh…. the LAST thing I wanted to see was the KK meet and greet bro-hug. Seriously, running to meet him? I know he’s excited but I would really have preferred a much more business like approach. Anyone think Payton or Quinn or Flores would have done that?

The days of coaches with fedoras, stiff upper lips and strong handshakes are gone.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
The days of coaches with fedoras, stiff upper lips and strong handshakes are gone.
lol, I ain’t THAT old. Just kind of hoped for somebody that would give a “I don’t care what you did in HS or about your Heisman. You ain’t all that yet.” vibe to Kyler. Someone who made Kyler realize his play hasn’t made it seem like “It’s Ea$y”

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Totally disagree, even from this video you can tell that Gannon is the alpha male type that Kliff never was. He wasn't running to meet him like a fan boy. Kliff probably would have walked over there with Michael and waited to be introduced. Gannon will bring a new energy to the team, at the very least.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Super tough crowd.