Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The Eagles did their best to retain Gannon

A) Props to Monti for getting his guy

B) Monti will have no excuses now because he got his guy

Quick thoughts:

Folks can say the Eagles were successful on defense solely because they were loaded with talent and folks can say he failed against the Chiefs but I believe this to be a solid, super bowl caliber hire that comes at a time when all we can do is work on our defense

It will likely take at least a full year to put a competitive offense on the field. But I, like everyone else am desperate to know who our OC will be

Last but not least, I sure hope Monti promised Gannon that Murphy and Allen won't just be back but they will be so long-term

And good on Bidwill for staying the funk out of the way during all of this

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad it's resolved and I'm glad with the way it was handled.

I don't think we can moan about Keim and the way he did things then complain we didn't do it the way he did which was bring in 4 guys in 3 days then hire the one you like best on day 4.

Monti did his research, made an extensive list, interviewed them as and when available and hired the guy that was always high on his list.

We asked for different and we got different. Let's trust Monti knows what he's doing until proved otherwise.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I would have preferred the Bengal's DC however I am willing to give him a fair opportunity to turn the ship around. He gets a three year window from me. I don't expect a SB by year three, but I do expect a serious run at a playoff spot.

I guess the real question now is how is our GM going to build the defense to a point where it can function well enough to keep the team in games and how the Oline will get filled.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave