OT: RIP Conrad Dobler

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
RIP to one of the Cardinals greatest players.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
RIP Conrad Dobler. A great one way back when the Big Red had great Offensive Lines. I read his first book. It seems like he credited OL Coach Jim Hanifan for coaching him up to become the force he was.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I always liked him, especially with his last name being so similar to mine.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He inspired me to like linemen with a “mean” disposition when it came to opponents.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Defensive linemen from the '70s are the ones which can finally rest in peace. Dobler once said he did not have the talent others on that line had and felt he had to do anything he could (gouge, punch, bite, poke) to compensate and belong, and boy did he. Fear was his main attribute and was that 'nasty' any good OL had to have back then when football was far more brutal. OLs still need some guy who can be that enforcer type, and Hernandez recently offered a little bit of that. Dobler, a Cardinal no one could ever accuse of being a finesse player, a soft player, but certainly a football player. Condolences to his family, and God bless Conrad Dobler on his journey

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IIRC, Conrad was asked do you really bite the opponent. He replied I have a face mask so I can't bite anyone......unless they stick their fingers inside the mask. He then just smiled.

RIP.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there a reason why he's not in the ring? I became a fan right before he left so I'm not the best judge to determine if he was worthy, but it seems like he should have at least garnered serious consideration. RIP good brother.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Is there a reason why he's not in the ring? I became a fan right before he left so I'm not the best judge to determine if he was worthy, but it seems like he should have at least garnered serious consideration. RIP good brother.
I think not, because if the likes of Dierdorf was not on that OL, he would not have been significant. He was a great compliment to the studs on that elite unit as a whole but to be put in the Ring of Honor, then there is no excuse not to put JT Smith on there complimenting Roy Green

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson