SB LVII Chiefs Eagles game thread 2-12-23

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably, because he also helped Ryan win an MVP, and that offense went nuts that year against solid competition. Not to mention his connections throughout the league, and the increased importance of offense in the league.

The Eagles defense got fat off bad offenses most of the year while playing with a lead. They also had problems all year dealing with motion.

I also admittedly have no idea how any of these dudes will do as HCs, so Gannon could very well end up being great.
& to be fair, DeMeco & the 9ers allowed 44 points against this same Chiefs team, too.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Kelce is that dude.
Which one? Well I know Travis is arrogant, reminds me of Michael Irvin and it can be a bit much. But Cincinnati talked a lot of S before that game. I don’t blame him for standing up and talking after they win a big game. This week was more of a pick em game but a lot of people were picking the eagles so that’s probably why he was so loud.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have much rather the Chiefs scored and Philly been forced to drive the length of the field just to tie the game.

Had to be hard for that player to stop before entering the endzone. How many chances does any player get to score a TD in the Super Bowl?

They were clearly telling them not to but yeah it has to feel bizarre to have to go down like that

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which one? Well I know Travis is arrogant, reminds me of Michael Irvin and it can be a bit much. But Cincinnati talked a lot of S before that game. I don’t blame him for standing up and talking after they win a big game. This week was more of a pick em game but a lot of people were picking the eagles so that’s probably why he was so loud.
That was the mayor of Cincinnati. Give me a break.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Travis.

I know some want him to be buttoned up & boring, but nah, he’s entertaining. Needs to stay that way.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I love when fans bitch about refs making the right calls.
Exactly. And I get that neutral fans wanted to see more of a frantic finish. But the eagles fans have no room to complain about it. The eagles got the lion share of tick tack calls the past 2 games. Including a TD taken off the board that looked really close to being a fumble. They weren’t stopping the chiefs in that 2nd half regardless of the refs. Hurts was good today but mahomes was better. That turnover really hurt the eagles because they could have been up by a lot more in the first half.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well, guess I’ll go smash my “World’s Best Dad” coffee mug to pieces with a baseball bat in the driveway. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
Dont.
My daughter, back in the day, brought me a beer and a bag of doritoes. Then sat next to me and watched the game. The following year we were at mardi gras, and she got updates from the group next to us and kept me up to date on the broncos beating carolina.
A truly great dad teaches his daufgter to love football as much as he does.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winning with class is a quaint notion anymore. Could you imagine Larry acting like that? Montana? Aikman? Etc. Etc. Sure, he is a great player. Be great and let the media talk crap.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Pretty ticky tack. But is what it is. One of those 50/50s. That stuff is let go routinely in the NFL.
Pretty ticky tack? Could the receiver have caught a TD on the play if he hadn't been held? Possibly. If it was impossible, I would agree.

Ticky tack to me is when there was defensive holding on the other side of the field that had no bearing on the play. That hold did have bearing on the play.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We have heard the whole "leader of men" cliche ad nauseum, and one game doesn't define a coach, but this doesn't exactly instill confidence in me about Gannon.
You'd think Gannon could make adjustments in the 2nd half but nope. :bang: