Durant to Suns

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
ME if KD doesn't bring a chip to the Valley.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender, Jackson and Len.
Failed to scout him at all, failed to scout him enough, and bad luck respectively. Not the norm by any means. I think we'd be hard pressed to find an organization that made so little out of high picks for several years.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Irving was allowed to play full time well before the playoffs.

They got swept by Boston because Boston was a much better team.

It also didn't help that Ben Simmons pulled one of his lunatic acts and made it seem as though he was just about to finally play and then kept pulling the rug out... all while dressing like a clown and looking like he was perpetually on the brink of tears.
Youre skipping the important step or Harden demanding a trade. I'm guessing if those three guys were all playing he would've wanted out. They were unbeatable with those 3.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Are you serious?

If Irving had been able to play, Harden would have stayed and they would've been unbeatable.
You're ridiculous. Nothing but "ifs" and "would haves". Sorry but I live in the real world, where KD, Harden and Irving didn't win jack. Truth is the trio didn't even play 20 games together. Reality is nobody knows what would have happened, especially with Harden and Irving both being batshit crazy.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You're ridiculous. Nothing but "ifs" and "would haves". Sorry but I live in the real world, where KD, Harden and Irving didn't win jack. Truth is the trio didn't even play 20 games together. Reality is nobody knows what would have happened, especially with Harden and Irving both being batshit crazy.
Yes, I am talking about ifs and would haves. I'm not hiding that fact. Speculation and exploring hypothetical scenarios is a reasonable message board activity.

The fact is that when those guys played together they were very good and probably by far the best team in the NBA. They were the preseason favorites to win the championship https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/here-are-preseason-nba-title-favorites-2021-22. The other fact is that the only thing keeping them from playing together during the first half of last season was irvings refusal to get vaccinated.

I don't see which part of my hypothetical is ridiculous, unless you're having an irrational emotional reaction to certain sensitive subject matter.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I am talking about ifs and would haves. I'm not hiding that fact. Speculation and exploring hypothetical scenarios is a reasonable message board activity.

The fact is that when those guys played together they were very good and probably by far the best team in the NBA. They were the preseason favorites to win the championship https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/here-are-preseason-nba-title-favorites-2021-22. The other fact is that the only thing keeping them from playing together during the first half of last season was irvings refusal to get vaccinated.

I don't see which part of my hypothetical is ridiculous, unless you're having an irrational emotional reaction to certain sensitive subject matter.
How many championships did KD, Harden and Irving win? How many playoff games did they win? Yet your going to try and say with a certainty they would have and if? lmfao

Being realistic is far from being sensitive, I think we both know who's being sensitive here. Nobody wins a championship until they've won 4 games in a NBA Finals, it really is that simple

Good luck with all that tho, I'm just not really into the fantasy stuff. Players get traded and injured every season, players that "would have" effected countless outcomes, "if" it only all happened certain way. But you don't see the NBA handing out "If" and"would have" trophies and you don't see Vegas paying out on teams that should've won

That's like saying if Jordan hadn't left to play baseball he'd have 2 more championships... which is ridiculous because nothing is guaranteed. And I'm Michael Jordan's biggest fan, named my first born after him - but you don't see me spewing that nonsense

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How many championships did KD, Harden and Irving win? How many playoff games did they win? Yet your going to try and say with a certainty they would have and if? lmfao

Being realistic is far from being sensitive, I think we both know who's being sensitive here. Nobody wins a championship until they've won 4 games in a NBA Finals, it really is that simple

Good luck with all that tho, I'm just not really into the fantasy stuff. Players get traded and injured every season, players that "would have" effected countless outcomes, "if" it only all happened certain way. But you don't see the NBA handing out "If" and"would have" trophies and you don't see Vegas paying out on teams that should've won

That's like saying if Jordan hadn't left to play baseball he'd have 2 more championships... which is ridiculous because nothing is guaranteed. And I'm Michael Jordan's biggest fan, named my first born after him - but you don't see me spewing that nonsense
I see. You seem unfamiliar with the idea of probabilities.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is Kyrie simply can’t be realistically discussed in probabilities because the only probability that’s held true since 2016 is that he will find a way to destroy a team from the inside.

So, yes, if Kyrie never imploded a team from the inside they probably would have a won a title, but then you’re talking about a Kyrie that simply doesn’t exist.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You want probabilities? "If" the Nets hadn't surrounded KD up with two basket cases he "would have" had a chance to win a championship in Brooklyn. lol everyone knows you can only have one unstable talent on a championship team. KD didn't even want to be there this year. Harden left because he didn't want to be there. Neither wanted to play with Irving, much less win with Irving. My opinion is they both wasted valuable time being saddled with the me-first vaccine-refusing anti-semite.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Youre skipping the important step or Harden demanding a trade. I'm guessing if those three guys were all playing he would've wanted out. They were unbeatable with those 3.
Harden demand a trade because he despised playing with Kyrie… that’s the reality.

It wasn’t some random chance like an injury.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the problem is Kyrie simply can’t be realistically discussed in probabilities because the only probability that’s held true since 2016 is that he will find a way to destroy a team from the inside.

So, yes, if Kyrie never imploded a team from the inside they probably would have a won a title, but then you’re talking about a Kyrie that simply doesn’t exist.
The probabilities I’m referring to are the Vegas championship odds.

You guys should’ve put some money down.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ha. Sarver managed the team probably a lot like I would if I was the owner. I am not saying that is a good thing. I dont think I would be a good owner.
Yeah, I’d like to think I’m more savvy than sarver or bidwill. But I’m pretty sure fans might hate me, GMs and coaches might deal with me and players would think I’m a poser bozo.

But I wouldn’t have been, nor allowed, the mess that was the suns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns would be more profitable if they had won a title or two during the SSOL era. Trading those picks hurt that.

Imagine Rajon Rondo as a sub on those teams.
Or the haul we could’ve gotten when rondo had proved to be an excellent player ready for a starting spot.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

THIS. All day this.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

truth

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges is a good, not great, on ball defender. He’s not lockdown bu any stretch of the imagination. I think he’s a great team defender. Passing lanes,help defender, steals, disruptor. That’s where he’s really earned his reputation. But anyone bigger or quicker than him gives him challenges. This isn’t sour grapes as he’s on his way out like many fans do. I’ve been consistent in these observations throughout his career.
Exactly. I love bridges. I was so excited when we drafted him, but you described his defense perfectly. Great team defender, good on ball defender, and is much better against ones and twos not named Doncic. If you would have asked me a week ago who I wanted trying to shut down another team's best player it would have been Josh O Regardless of whether we still had the runner-up DOP on the team.

IMO the only reason to really question this trade is health of the players. If Craig, Okogie, or even I guess Wainwright can hit the corner 3 with any consistency the starting 5 will just be unstoppable. The bench should be good enough.

I still miss Bridges and Johnson already though.

Joe

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You want probabilities? "If" the Nets hadn't surrounded KD up with two basket cases he "would have" had a chance to win a championship in Brooklyn. lol everyone knows you can only have one unstable talent on a championship team. KD didn't even want to be there this year. Harden left because he didn't want to be there. Neither wanted to play with Irving, much less win with Irving. My opinion is they both wasted valuable time being saddled with the me-first vaccine-refusing anti-semite.
Also, I initially brought up this point because it was insinuated that the Nets didn't win a championship because of Durant's injury history. Yet the Nets skeptics seem to agree that that teams failures were more a result of Irving's and Harden's behavior.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson