Come To The Suns Board, We Have Cookies

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to understand how Durant is worth 3 players and four unprotected 1st round picks. Not hating. Dont understand. Havent watched bball in years. Hope the Suns can finally get that ring... My first sports memories are of the Suns.
He was considered one of two favorites for MVP of the League before he tweaked his knee a month ago and is one of the greatest players of all time still playing near his peak.

That’s why he’s worth that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having a top-3 superstar is more important to win a championship then having an elite QB given the roster size.
Titles since 2010:

Curry > Stafford
Giannis > Brady
Lebron = Mahomes
Kawhi = Brady
Durant > Foles
Durant = Brady
Durant = Brady
Curry > Manning
Curry = Brady
Wilson > (that Spurs team was rare)
Lebron > Flacco
Lebron > Eli
Dirk = Rodgers
Kobe = Brees
Yup. Can’t win a title without a unicorn. For as INCREDIBLE as Booker is, he’s not a unicorn. But now he’s BY FAR the BEST 2nd banana in the league.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The trade still changes the identity of the team with the players lost, especially this far in the season.

Throwing a bunch of good players doesn't always translate, especially with ones that will always want the ball. Got a few years to make it work, not sure how long CP3 has though.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The trade still changes the identity of the team with the players lost, especially this far in the season.

Throwing a bunch of good players doesn't always translate, especially with ones that will always want the ball. Got a few years to make it work, not sure how long CP3 has though.
to me, CP3 has already expired if you're aspirations are a championship. still good when he's fresh, but he runs outta gas. really wish the suns woulda addressed that last offseason.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to me, CP3 has already expired if you're aspirations are a championship. still good when he's fresh, but he runs outta gas. really wish the suns woulda addressed that last offseason.
All he has to do is be Jason Kidd in 2011 for the Mavs. Shoot threes and be a great floor leader. He’s now the 4th option on the team who can’t be hounded like he was end of last year and this.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was considered one of two favorites for MVP of the League before he tweaked his knee a month ago and is one of the greatest players of all time still playing near his peak.

That’s why he’s worth that.
Is KD in the top 7 of all players all time? Interesting debate. Probably not for me. I think he is top 10 or close to it.

What say you?

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Is KD in the top 7 of all players all time? Interesting debate. Probably not for me. I think he is top 10.

What say you?
I like KD...
Jordan
Magic
Bird
Kareem
Dr J
Wilt
Barkley
All guys right off the top of my head that i would rather have the ball at the buzzer

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Durant
Shaq
Randy Johnson x2
CP3
JJ Watt
Kurt Warner
Carson Palmer
Dwight Freeny
Evan Longoria
Emmitt Smith

And others.

What do they have in common?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Durant
Shaq
Randy Johnson x2
CP3
JJ Watt
Kurt Warner
Carson Palmer
Dwight Freeny
Evan Longoria
Emmitt Smith

And others.

What do they have in common?
all over 34 when they came to az?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a new Cardinals GM and coach, I expect both sides to be serving lots of warm cookies.

From a fan perspective, knowing your team is headed in the right direction is very satisfying because it leads to long term success.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am in the exact same boat as you. In fact it might as well be me that posted everything that you did. I could even understand it a bit if KD wasn't injured all the time.

Man oh man. The Suns HAVE to win a championship this year or next or they will be terrible for 10 more years.
No they won’t.

Booker
Ayton
BUTTLOAD of cap space when Paul/KD retire
Book has become a great recruiter (pulled two HOFers to a team that hadn’t won in a decade)
Still have first round picks every other year hit on just one as a star and you have a big 3 again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why? Because theyre generally late first round? If memory serves, outside of the lottery, most 1st rounders are total projects anyway? Is that why they're virtually meaningless? Its a bold move, and Im happy the new owner wants to swing for the fences, but thats A LOT of capital to give up.
That and . . .

Len
Bender
Chriss
Josh jackson

So yeah, even high picks . . . (often) worthless.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave