Durant to Suns

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Huge overswing by the Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Good for BK if that’s what they could get for him. As much as I like Mikal, that’s a massive overpayment for him. You trade three firsts for a guy who can get you a championship. Mikal is a good #4 on a championship team .

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can live with the draft picks but including both Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson was a gigantic overpay. There is no way around it. Mikal Bridges was playing at a star level for Phoenix.

The Suns put their future on a credit card and it will haunt the Suns for years to come. Cam Johnson, four 1st round picks and expiring contracts was the limit. The Nets bent the Suns over. It was an act of desperation or a trade like a casual fan might make up. No reference to fans who have pinned their hopes on this trade.

My hope is a championship makes it worthwhile much like when the Lakers traded for Anthony Davis.
Were you watching the 25 game stretch where Bridges didn't even look like an NBA player? That's because he's not a superstar....the guy we got ...that's a superstar

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Man Ishbia told JJ ....hold up man I got this lol. I'm sure JJ sees the writing on the wall
I think this is a trade where the owners needed to be heavily involved. Everyone hated Sarver, but Ishbia has a lot of pull in the business world and made it happen. I like him already

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I can live with the draft picks but including both Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson was a gigantic overpay. There is no way around it. Mikal Bridges was playing at a star level for Phoenix.

The Suns put their future on a credit card and it will haunt the Suns for years to come. Cam Johnson, four 1st round picks and expiring contracts was the limit. The Nets bent the Suns over. It was an act of desperation or a trade like a casual fan might make up. No reference to fans who have pinned their hopes on this trade.

My hope is a championship makes it worthwhile much like when the Lakers traded for Anthony Davis. I'm not holding my breath.
Mikal was playing well, yes. But it's KEVIN DURANT!! How many times does that need to be said here? Regardless of how well Mikal has played, he's still not better than Kevin Durant. That is a fact.

This is subconsciously WANTING the Suns to stay mediocre. We can't have good things because we aren't willing to take any risk. Well, Ishbia said screw that and we're taking the risk. Our championship aspirations for this year are much better now then they were 24 hours ago.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
I am completely astounded by the negative ninnies here whining about an unknown draft pick in 2029. WHAT?!?!?

First of all, it's not as if we will not make any other moves between now and then. Second of all, it's KEVIN DURANT rounding out with Booker, Ayton, and Paul!

Jesus, dude.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I think this is a trade where the owners needed to be heavily involved. Everyone hated Sarver, but Ishbia has a lot of pull in the business world and made it happen. I like him already
he just recklessly gave away the future of the team

These types of trades almost NEVER bring a championship to the team. Odds are stacked against him....and he gave it all away.

Smooth move Ex Lax

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, I never said that. Sure I'd like a banner. I've been here longer than anyone, sitting through the Alcindor flip and the 2 seasons of missing the playoffs with the THIRD best record in the NBA and the Ritchie Powers non-call that cost us the 76 championship.

But it was still a bad trade. Any team with a couple of stars (i.e., Toronto) can get hot and win it all. Then never be heard from again. We traded a chance to be in the championship fight every single year for one, maybe two playoffs.

But that's my view. Won't mind being wrong, but I still think it was a bad trade.
Just because you've been here "longer" doesn't make your opinion any more important than the rest of us.

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Man! I sure hope we can defend someone, otherwise we are going to see some high scoring games. Can you imagine Paul and Booker defending Kyrie and Luka? Steph, Klay or Poole? Young and Murray? Morant?

Seems to me Booker is going to have to sacrifice some offense.

I like the trade but we no longer matchup as well with some teams.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And Mikal's last performance as a defender allowed Cam Thomas to score over 40 for the 3rd game in a row. This season, Mikal's defense has been a bit overrated by this board.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Man! I sure hope we can defend someone, otherwise we are going to see some high scoring games. Can you imagine Paul and Booker defending Kyrie and Luka? Steph, Klay or Poole? Young and Murray? Morant?

Seems to me Booker is going to have to sacrifice some offense.

I like the trade but we no longer matchup as well with some teams.
Did Durant just all of a sudden become a bad defender? I'd like to see where that happened.

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
Stars win titles in this league. You get stars then fill in the rest with as much surrounding talent as possible. We’ll have a good 3 years w Book DA and KD to win a title and then KD will retire and we’ll sign someone else.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol what were we to do ? Give Cam a huge contract too? Just run it back minus CP3 ? That's only getting us to the dance as a 7 or 8...gotta applaud the move. I'm excited to get a healthy TJ and even a hyped up Ayton. TJ is another who hits mid jumpers all day long. We will just 2pt you to death

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
So, are the Suns done with trades? Or are they going to bank on signing buyout candidates? Either way...these are exciting times as a Suns fan!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
A note about TJ Warren. My biggest beef with the guy was a) he was a minus defender and b) he could never stay healthy. But when he's locked on, he's a very good offensive player, which was a need on the bench with Cam starting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were you watching the 25 game stretch where Bridges didn't even look like an NBA player? That's because he's not a superstar....the guy we got ...that's a superstar

How many games has Bridges missed and how many games has Durant missed. Did the Nets win a championship with Durant?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Both can exist.

This trade can be massively successful, or a huge dumpster fire.

My initial reaction was that we gave up too much, and it will not work out well. But that doesn't mean as a Suns fan I won't be overjoyed if proven wrong.
I agree. Either way, if it ends in a championship, Suns fans will be over the moon. At least I would be having been around since their beginning. I haven't followed the NBA much for a few years but that 16-17 year old in me still loves the Suns and always will. The second season (I think) when they went up 4-0 on the mighty Lakers before Wilt woke up really solidified my love for the team. I don't count on this ending in the first championship for them but it's a real chance it could happen.

GO SUNS!!!!!!

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
Yea for all we know someone would’ve broke the bank for Cam this off-season and he’d be gone. Mikal is awesome and it hurts losing him but to get KD you have to do it. The picks I couldnt care less about. Ishbia will keep this team in the hunt in the coming years.

Any time there’s a trade I usually want to be on the side that trades a lot and gets the single most talented player. We are getting KD plus whoever then wants to sign with us in the buyout market. Players that wouldn’t have come otherwise because there wasn’t enough space on the roster or bc of KDs presence.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My hope is a championship makes it worthwhile much like when the Lakers traded for Anthony Davis. I'm not holding my breath.
Cam J is completely replaceable. This was really about Bridges value and those picks won't have much value if the Suns have a decent record.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson