2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm done getting my hopes up for a KD trade. I'm expecting Crowder to Bucks for cash considerations.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, kyrie has played beside Lebron. Not a stretch to see how this works. Kyrie usually doesn’t implode a franchise right away. This is an upgrade for them for this and likely next season before the drama.
lebron is not half the ball hog luka is. Kylie is going to be standing in the corner most of the time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, kyrie has played beside Lebron. Not a stretch to see how this works. Kyrie usually doesn’t implode a franchise right away. This is an upgrade for them for this and likely next season before the drama.
he also played next Brunson and they were successful together.

I don't see this working long-term, but I think Kyrie is gunning for a contract and will keep it together for the next four months where they can be a devastating 1-2 punch.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, do you think that the Mavericks are more or less of a threat with Kyrie Irving? They were probably the Suns' greatest irritant right now other than their own weaknesses.

As someone recently said, the Mavericks' particular offense already seemed to drive the Suns crazy. What does irving do to it?
I think it makes them a different team those guys were lighting us up from 3 with Luka driving it’s gonna change their offense and no gaurantee that it will be better… awful late in the season to change your whole offense…

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well better lube up again....my ass barely survived the last KD saga. Can we please close the deal for him now!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, do you think that the Mavericks are more or less of a threat with Kyrie Irving? They were probably the Suns' greatest irritant right now other than their own weaknesses.

As someone recently said, the Mavericks' particular offense seemed to drive the Suns crazy. What does irving do to it?
More of a threat this year, less of a threat in the long run

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm done getting my hopes up for a KD trade. I'm expecting Crowder to Bucks for cash considerations.
I think KD not getting traded has more to do with the Nets than anything. Right now they’re 8th in NET ratings and fighting for home court. Obviously they’ll fall back without KD but they won’t blow it up until the off-season IMO.

KD doesn’t have a wing man anymore but is surrounded by a lot great shooters that can get hot in a series…

Curry
Watanabe
Harris
Dinwiddie
Mills
O’Neal

If Simmons weren’t a mental midget that would be a dangerous team if KD is healthy.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this doesn’t force James Jones to make a splash at the deadline nothing ever will. The Mavs are good to be a force.

If the Suns make a trade for some rotation player? OK. I might join the calls to replace James Jones. I am sick of James Jones suggesting we have enough to run it back.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't get the trade but am willing to wait and see. But on the surface Luka is one of the most ball dominant, high usage players, in the history of the league. And you are pairing him with a guard who gets the bulk of his offense off the dribble. So either one of them has to totally change how they play, or how does it work?

Kyrie CAN shoot obviously, but he's not a catch and shoot guy and neither is Luka. They're both great offensive players I'm just not aware of a new NBA rule that allows for more than one ball.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to absorb the trade as I just got word of it, but I'm not sure if it makes Dallas that much better with the loss of Spencer Dinwiddie and Dorian Finney Smith plus an unprotected first round pick.

They also have to pay Irving.

Here is a link to the story.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't get the trade but am willing to wait and see. But on the surface Luka is one of the most ball dominant, high usage players, in the history of the league. And you are pairing him with a guard who gets the bulk of his offense off the dribble. So either one of them has to totally change how they play, or how does it work?

Kyrie CAN shoot obviously, but he's not a catch and shoot guy and neither is Luka. They're both great offensive players I'm just not aware of a new NBA rule that allows for more than one ball.

It will be interesting to see if Luka and Irving can take turns running the offense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose