Question about extensions

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
I live on the East Coast, so getting solid info about the Cardinals is hard to come by. But I’m curious what the owner extended the GM and coach only to see both walk out the front door a year later unemployed. And I’m amazed why the organization extended a quarterback with the second highest contract among quarterbacks a year before the extension had to be executed. I’ve seen stories from time to time, but none address this central question: Who the heck was advising the owner, telling him these were good decisions.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I live on the East Coast, so getting solid info about the Cardinals is hard to come by. But I’m curious what the owner extended the GM and coach only to see both walk out the front door a year later unemployed. And I’m amazed why the organization extended a quarterback with the second highest contract among quarterbacks a year before the extension had to be executed. I’ve seen stories from time to time, but none address this central question: Who the heck was advising the owner, telling him these were good decisions.
Keim, Kliff each got 5 year extensions (4 with a 5th year option), that would have kicked in this year. Vance also got an extension, but I'm not sure of length on that...it was totally under the radar. Kliff is getting, reportedly, about $28-35 million to walk away. I'm not sure of Keim's numbers...he technically resigned, so probably there was a buyout negotiated.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim, Kliff each got 5 year extensions (4 with a 5th year option), that would have kicked in this year. Vance also got an extension, but I'm not sure of length on that...it was totally under the radar. Kliff is getting, reportedly, about $28-35 million to walk away. I'm not sure of Keim's numbers...he technically resigned, so probably there was a buyout negotiated.

Curious as to where that number comes from?