Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if a poll was conducted and the question was " if it was at all possible to dump Murray and start with a clean slate would you do it?"
Now it is kind of silly as no one in their right mind would take this guy, and we don't directly sign his check, with all the baggage he has, but I think it would be an overwhelming yes...a lot more guys would want the job with the possibility of starting with a #3 and maybe signing a solid vet QB and develop a young guy.

Who are they, who are we missing?

There is no shortage of coaches from solid programs, and with pedigree interviewing to be H-C.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can go back to a Cowherd appearance in Dec/Jan and find more he says about Murray and how he'd work with him and what needs to change. It's the "hero ball" type of treatment that Sean said needs to stop with Murray...that he needs a true running game to take the pressure off, so that he's not the only one on the team being asked to make play after play, to save their butts.
If there was a book called " Football Game Plans for Dummies", our beloved ex-coaches input, from my observation, would still be lining the bottom of a bird cage. I don't give a darn who cared interview him for OC position recently, it stinks and I have been an observer since the team was in Chicago.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Top prospect evaluator & professional scout had this report from the Senior Bowl. It checks with what others & I have posted. He’s very credible. “Why is the Arizona Cardinals head coach job taking so long to fill? If you are to believe what people in Mobile are saying, it’s due to Kyler Murray — and it’s not because the quarterback has a large say in the matter.

Rather, many of the desired candidates don’t want to take the job knowing they’ll be tied to the hip of Murray for the next four seasons. Murray signed a five-year, $230 million contract in late August, and anyone who takes the Cardinals job will have no options in the foreseeable future at quarterback.”
It’s widely known that we have an easy out with Kyler after 2024. Any coach that doesn’t understand this is dumb to the point where he’d be a terrible hire.

At the same time if “fixing” Kyler is a mandate by Bidwill during these interviews well then that’s a massive ownership gaffe.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOWE did not do anything of the sort!

He played 80 games in his last season 1979-80 at age 52.

Hmmmmm

"he also played a shift in a 1997 game for the Detroit Vipers of the IHL, playing professional hockey for a sixth decade."

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
His career record of 25-31-1 says he isn't a consistent winning QB at the NFL level, and his one season with a winning record is the outlier at this point in time. Jay Cutler had two seasons with a winning record so the same argument could have been made for him but ultimately he was who he was. Talented but underachieving.

At this point, I take Daniel Jones over Kyler Murray.
There’s literally nobody in the NFL that would take Daniel Jones over Kyler.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Lou: Hey Brian, how did your interview
go with the cardinals?

Brian: Pretty good. How bout yours?

Lou: Not bad. Are you going to accept the job if they offer it to you?

Brian: Hell no! You?

Lou: You’re kidding me, right?
Fake news

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His arm is pretty fantastic too. A real leader would believe they can fix him. I've taken on a number of troubled Soldiers and "fixed" them to a degree or influenced them to be significantly better.
Agree. I will gladly take on a talented, but sometimes difficult, employee. Can I redirect all of them to success? No. But the ones I can became our greatest stars.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This "coaches don't want Kyler" story is what happens when Kyler doesn't put himself out there as I said last week.

The huge media void where Kyler's personality should be is being filled by all these negative narratives. If he was out there being likeable and interesting people would be far less inclined to write or believe this stuff. As it is, he makes it easy.

He hasn't done any media in the last year to dispel any of the negativity around him and now the team is paying the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA