Head Coach choice

Head Coach choice

• Total voters

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I actually find this to be pretty intriguing.

Lou Anarumo
As a coach:
Career history
Career information
Personal information
Cincinnati Bengals
Position:Defensive coordinator
Born:August 18, 1966 (age 56)
Staten Island, NY
College:Wagner College
That early career. Harvard, Marshall, and Purdue... lots of focus there on technique, mental aspects of the game, teaching. There is some history with RB's and special teams. its a slow burn, dude didnt just jump on every opportunity to move up by the looks of it.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
None of these coaches excites/interests me. MB’s failure is his failure to energize the fanbase. Does MB really think hiring VJ or a 7th or 8th choice HC is going to energize the fans?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
None of these coaches excites/interests me. MB’s failure is his failure to energize the fanbase. Does MB really think hiring VJ or a 7th or 8th choice HC is going to energize the fans?
winning will energize the fans

until then, a decent FA period and a solid draft will keep the fans excited

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cast our net far and wide as possible, taking our time to look for the best, cheapest HC candidate available.
Its like going to the car dealer asking for the best car, best price with bad credit in an almost empty lot.

I don't think its going to work out good for us unless the new GM and HC by some miracle can turn AZ sand into gold.
I highly doubt this team will be attractive to prospective FAs with a new rookie GM and unknown 1st time HC (again).
If prospective HCs don't want to come here, the only players we will attract will be unsignable FAs, over the hill vets looking for a last paycheck, or really overpay for someone.

Best we can hope for is we hit on our drafts for the next few years, clear out our cap space, maybe be competitive in 2025.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cast our net far and wide as possible, taking our time to look for the best, cheapest HC candidate available.
Its like going to the car dealer asking for the best car, best price with bad credit in an almost empty lot.

I don't think its going to work out good for us unless the new GM and HC by some miracle can turn AZ sand into gold.
I highly doubt this team will be attractive to prospective FAs with a new rookie GM and unknown 1st time HC (again).
If prospective HCs don't want to come here, the only players we will attract will be unsignable FAs, over the hill vets looking for a last paycheck, or really overpay for someone.

Best we can hope for is we hit on our drafts for the next few years, clear out our cap space, maybe be competitive in 2025.
If Monti is as good as people think he can be, then I'm hoping for him to nail it in the draft. Hopefully our new HC is good at developing players & everything works out. No coaching candidate out there right now really wows me though. I'll get behind whoever is hired & hope for the best.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If Monti is as good as people think he can be, then I'm hoping for him to nail it in the draft. Hopefully our new HC is good at developing players & everything works out. No coaching candidate out there right now really wows me though. I'll get behind whoever is hired & hope for the best.
agree. there really werent any wow candidates to begin with. Reich was probably the best one.
we just gonna have to hire a guy and see how it goes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lou would be a top candidate pending his OC. Old school guy who is a solid teacher of fundamentals and details. Think it comes down to Flores and Lou right now.

I would say Dan Pitcher, the Bengals QB coach but he just signed an extension which may indicate he wants to stay.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some days ago it was announced that Brian Flores, Ejiro Evero, and Aaron Glenn would have second interviews. From that group I think that Flores and Evero is really interesting, and I have even had them high on my wish list for the last several weeks - Flores changing between #1 and #2. I think that he would be a great head coach, just as he was with the Dolphins.

Also, as many others, I become more and more interested in Lou Anarumo the more I read about him.

Obviously, with all three it is highly crucial who they would bring in as their coaching staff.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We've Cardinaled this head coach search...yet again.

How?

When Reich went to the Panthers we were all like "Ok, quite liked Reich but can see why he went home".

Very few people wanted Dan Quinn so when he said he was staying put most were "Meh ok"

Ryans never interviewed here and chose the worse job because he's a Texans boy. Hardly anything we could do about that.

And then the Broncos give a 1st and 2nd for a retired Sean Payton and we "Cardinaled the search"?

I'm not sure what the Cardinals could have done different on anything that's gone down so far other than overpay for Payton. I think it's obvious they tried hard. Between Thursday and Monday it seems they tried to get a deal done with the Saints, which suggests that Payton was interested in coming here, but they decided they didn't want to pay that much. Which I think is reasonable.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
How?

When Reich went to the Panthers we were all like "Ok, quite liked Reich but can see why he went home".

Reich isn’t from the Carolinas, from NY, went to HS in PA and went to college in Maryland. Going to the Panthers where he played all of 1 season is hardly going home.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Despite the lawsuit, I think Flores is the best option. He has successful head coaching experience and, to me, that’s a plus. He also has some experience putting together and leading a staff, which is another plus. One of my concerns, is just that: putting together a staff. The longer this search drags on, the more difficult it will be to put together a quality staff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose