Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

Reaction score
HC Vacancies 2023

Denver - Sean Payton
Houston - Demeco Ryans
Carolina - Frank Reich
Indy - Open
Arizona - Open

The two teams with the worst owners are left.
Would you have preferred one of these coaches or with the costs involved if it's Payton? Ryans is an unknown at head coach with a limited time coaching at any level & Reich seems like a mediocre choice so to speak. I don't think they've lost out on anyone so far other than Payton & I agree with not paying a 1st & 2nd round pick for him.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
We all like Louis Riddick as far as I know. I saw this a few days ago;

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Hundreds of replies by Cincy fans wanting to keep and promote him. Hope this isn't another Quinn head fake.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
- whose current contract with the Saints runs through the 2024 season -- is expected to fill one of the NFL's vacant head coaching positions. Loomis, who said he has given the Texans, Cardinals and Broncos permission to speak with Payton, said any team that wants Payton must first agree to compensation on a trade before negotiations can start.

so... guess it depends on how you read that. But it is very possible we had agreed to the saints price before we spoke with Payton.
Maybe denver had too.... and after they lost out on Ryans, they called Payton and added a few more million to the deal.
it may have all just been SP deciding where he wanted to be...or using us as leverage against the broncos.

I got caught up a little in the possibilities too. But I said weeks ago I didnt really want him.
Bountygate Matters
Drew Brees matters.
Bailing on your organization after destroying their cap matters.
Coaching in a mostly weak division matters.

Now, lets move past this and get our heads on straight.
we lost NOTHING.
ten days ago 90 percent of us were fine with the idea of Flores being the new head coach. Flores is still a possibility.
The DC from Cincy is intriguing.
Kafka has promise I guess

The simple fact is SP could have came here and been .500 for the next 4 years just like he is likely going to do in denver.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Catholic, old school. Opposite of Kliff. MB has been a pendulum hire guy last few hires bringing on polar opposites.

Honestly the way guys around the league talk about the culture he instills does have me intrigued. Very tough on his players apparently like BA (“coach them hard, hug them harder” he would say), would shake things up over there big time. Think Kyler would love him.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Catholic, old school. Opposite of Kliff. MB has been a pendulum hire guy last few hires bringing on polar opposites.

Honestly the way guys around the league talk about the culture he instills does have me intrigued. Very tough on his players apparently like BA (“coach them hard, hug them harder” he would say), would shake things up over there big time. Think Kyler would love him.
Anarumo won me over when I heard things like "halftime adjustments" bantied about.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for replying

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
- whose current contract with the Saints runs through the 2024 season -- is expected to fill one of the NFL's vacant head coaching positions. Loomis, who said he has given the Texans, Cardinals and Broncos permission to speak with Payton, said any team that wants Payton must first agree to compensation on a trade before negotiations can start.

so... guess it depends on how you read that. But it is very possible we had agreed to the saints price before we spoke with Payton.
Maybe denver had too.... and after they lost out on Ryans, they called Payton and added a few more million to the deal.
it may have all just been SP deciding where he wanted to be...or using us as leverage against the broncos.

I got caught up a little in the possibilities too. But I said weeks ago I didnt really want him.
Bountygate Matters
Drew Brees matters.
Bailing on your organization after destroying their cap matters.
Coaching in a mostly weak division matters.

Now, lets move past this and get our heads on straight.
we lost NOTHING.
ten days ago 90 percent of us were fine with the idea of Flores being the new head coach. Flores is still a possibility.
The DC from Cincy is intriguing.
Kafka has promise I guess

The simple fact is SP could have came here and been .500 for the next 4 years just like he is likely going to do in denver.
Good points, I guess I’ll step off the ledge for a second lol

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The more this drags on the more I think MB has no idea what to do or who to hire.
It takes time to cast a wide net.

I think he'd rather miss out on a promising candidate than hire the wrong guy. Hopefully Monti is more helpful than his predecessor.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Well, as long as he's Catholic and not an Evangelical, Baptist, Anglican, Lutheran, Pentecostal, Mennonite, Adventist, Reformed, Full Gospel, etc., etc. ;)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Bidwill needs to throw big money at a high profile college HC. Harbaugh seems to be listening, maybe Dabo Swinney. David Shaw was thought at one point to be the favorite to land in DEN.

Maybe Bidwill is waiting to speak with PHI / KC coordinators.
I think Shaw was a package deal with Harbaugh, personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson