POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So...... The top candidates went elsewhere and we are left hoping that the guy no one else wanted pans out?

Sounds eerily familiar.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised at this point. Bidwill is a joke. Just a bit better than his old man.... But a joke nonetheless.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone actually think we should have given up a 1st and 2nd round pick? Both likely to be top 10 in the round.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This is candy to the usual suspects.

We refuse to overpay so Mike sucks.

Had we given up a 1st and 2nd the same people would be complaining he overpaid and sucks.
I can be happy that we didn't pay that price and still wildly dissatisfied that we continue to be the last girl to be asked to dance.

Two things can be true at once IMO.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I give MB an E for effort. Apparently the cost of hiring SP along with draft picks was to rich but at least he tried. Most on here will blast Mike and Monti for failing to close the deal but that's understandable considering the temperament of this fanbase.
Time to move on to second interviews and then hire BF. He was my #1b choice after SP so IM good.
Maybe we can hang a Participation Banner from the rafters at our first home game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can be happy that we didn't pay that price and still wildly dissatisfied that we continue to be the last girl to be asked to dance.

Two things can be true at once IMO.

Who've we lost?

Ryan's was never really on our list and only really going to the Texans.

Payton we turned down because of the ridiculous cost.

Quinn stayed home.

Only guy we really lost is Reich.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Does anyone actually think we should have given up a 1st and 2nd round pick? Both likely to be top 10 in the round.
No, but there are other things (players, future picks, etc…) that could’ve been offered. That said, who knows, maybe MB did try other options.

I still think Keim probably could have gotten this done for less than the Saints offered, which is sad and funny at the same time.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, but there are other things (players, future picks, etc…) that could’ve been offered. That said, who knows, maybe MB did try other options.

I still think Keim probably could have gotten this done for less than the Saints offered, which is sad and funny at the same time.
Can't include players in a trade for a coach. Against the rules.

Card4Life

Rookie
Reaction score
I certainly would not have, but I always felt SP was going to command more than MB was willing to pay. Wish we had offered one of the other candidates earlier, who are now off the board. Feels like it's now come down to, not necessarily who we want, but who is left.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Who've we lost?

Ryan's was never really on our list and only really going to the Texans.

Payton we turned down because of the ridiculous cost.

Quinn stayed home.

Only guy we really lost is Reich.
Ahhh
I forget all of that inside info you must have. :rolleyes:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, no way in hell we should have done what Denver did. They are going boom or bust for Super Bowl and they are not nearly that good to do that in the next season or two. Wilson is a shell of his former self. Payton, or not, he's not even getting them to the playoffs.

Good for Ossenfort and Bidwill.