POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
This wasn't a game of Clue. There will be no Cards revealed telling us what happened in what room, what instruments were used and who killed who. All we have are assumptions. Nobody minus Payton, Mikey and Monti will ever know what went down and it isn't in any of their best interests to ever let that get out

My assumption is Sean Payton never considered Az to be his number one. He only came to interview in Arizona after his other true preferences cooled off, but again, I'm just assuming

Folks on here saying they NOW KNOW what happened because Payton signed with Denver are kidding themselves

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who reported that
Don't remember, but they it said that Sean met with Mike team brass for 3 hours, then had an hour lunch with Monti before syncing back up with Mike touring the facility before they left to facility together.

I'm sure someone else remembers reading that, it's posted in one of the threads.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank god that's sorted.

A 1st and 2nd for a 59 year old retired HC? No thanks. When the going gets tough he's going to jack it in again.

Dudes been oozing his way around the league for weeks loving the attention. I feel like he wanted to be traded for as some kind of badge of honour.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Don't remember, but they it said that Sean met with Mike team brass for 3 hours, then had an hour lunch with Monti before syncing back up with Mike touring the facility before they left to facility together.

I'm sure someone else remembers reading that, it's posted in one of the threads.
I do agree with you if Monti did not have significant input to hiring him, our GM needs to be his own man and work in accord with a coach and not be his lackey

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This stinks, but I do think that it would have been a lot to give up. I'd imagine the Saints would have been asking us for this year's 2nd and next year's 1st at the very least.

Oh well... not a lot left I'm genuinely excited for out there.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I give MB an E for effort. Apparently the cost of hiring SP along with draft picks was to rich but at least he tried. Most on here will blast Mike and Monti for failing to close the deal but that's understandable considering the temperament of this fanbase.
Time to move on to second interviews and then hire BF. He was my #1b choice after SP so IM good.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If cards hire Vance as hc least the board will be hilarious and Sad to read

But FYI a few bongs hits help ease the hc fan pressure

Ughhhh I'm just soooooo hurt no Payton this kind of season

I hate cards ownership...

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I give MB an E for effort. Apparently the cost of hiring SP along with draft picks was to rich but at least he tried. Most on here will blast Mike and Monti for failing to close the deal but that's understandable considering the temperament of this fanbase.
Time to move on to second interviews and then hire BF. He was my #1b choice after SP so IM good.
It always comes back to who the hell is BF's OC. Its been brutal. If we had got Flores/Kellen Moore I could have somewhat warmed up to it.

However, it wouldnt shock me if he brought someone from Pittsburgh's garbage offense with him.