Is Alec Baldwin Guilty or Not of Involuntary Manslaughter

In the case of Alec Baldwin Guilty has the Jury reached a Verdict?

• Guilty

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes so much sense.
Ehhhh just do better. Make sure everyone is trained and everyone along the line is double and triple checking.

How do you replicate the realism of a gun fight with a non functioning firearm? That means it wouldn’t even fire blanks?

There is no excuse for the negligence that has occurred on sets and cost people their lives but it is completely preventable even with functioning equipment.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Alec Baldwin has shown that he is an unstable person and should not be permitted to brandish a deadly weapon in any situation.

His behavior has been beyond erratic and reckless for the last 10/15 years

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhhh just do better. Make sure everyone is trained and everyone along the line is double and triple checking.

How do you replicate the realism of a gun fight with a non functioning firearm? That means it wouldn’t even fire blanks?

There is no excuse for the negligence that has occurred on sets and cost people their lives but it is completely preventable even with functioning equipment.
I used to have a cap gun when I was a kid that looked identical to a real snub nosed revolver. I'm sure it can be done.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to have a cap gun when I was a kid that looked identical to a real snub nosed revolver. I'm sure it can be done.
I don’t see how. They make BB guns too that are identical etc…. To replicate the same sound and function is gonna be incredibly hard.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I just don't see the need to put human lives in danger so a fictional movie or tv show can look a little more realistic.

Other than huge Baldwin fans like Johnny, is anyone really buying that Alec is a total stud marksmen because a couple shell casings pop out and the gun recoils?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short video on gun realism in movies.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see how. They make BB guns too that are identical etc…. To replicate the same sound and function is gonna be incredibly hard.
That what sound effects/mixers are for Shane. There’s entire departments dedicated to that kind of thing that use real gun shots in the sound they match to picture.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I just don't see the need to put human lives in danger so a fictional movie or tv show can look a little more realistic.

Other than huge Baldwin fans like Johnny, is anyone really buying that Alec is a total stud marksmen because a couple shell casings pop out and the gun recoils?
There’s no reason for it. I wrote for a police procedural where there was plenty of gun action. Never had live ammo on the set.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That what sound effects/mixers are for Shane. There’s entire departments dedicated to that kind of thing that use real gun shots in the sound they match to picture.
I can see that for sure I’m talking visual. If it can be done through CGI and actually look real and competent I’d be down.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya no. When it comes to handling real guns safety cannot be compromised ever and ignorance isn’t an excuse. It’s not an excuse ever when people lives at stake. This isn’t the first Hollywood accidental shooting the potential is always there. There is no excuse. Do freaking better.

Even as a law enforcement officer on the range during training you have to check it yourself and have a buddy check your firearm before you do dry fire drills. Often times the range staff will check again. And we’re the supposed “experts”

Just no….
I'm not saying I disagree with you fully. I am also admittedly not coming in with all of the facts on this case.

With that said, you ARE speaking as a law enforcement officer with years of experience and training.

Question for you Shane. If you were on the range on a training exercise and an accident occurs where one officer accidentally shoots another. Should your superior officer also be charged with the crime?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for you Shane. If you were on the range on a training exercise and an accident occurs where one officer accidentally shoots another. Should your superior officer also be charged with the crime?
Superior? No… the person handling the firearm and his buddy also tasked with checking that the firearm is cleared? Absolutely. Pure negligence on both in that instance and it can’t be tolerated. EVER!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm not saying I disagree with you fully. I am also admittedly not coming in with all of the facts on this case.

With that said, you ARE speaking as a law enforcement officer with years of experience and training.

You lost me here. Who's the superior officer in your analogy for Rust? An executive producer who wasn't on set didn't get charged. Only the shooter and person overseeing safety on the range were.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You lost me here. Who's the superior officer in your analogy for Rust? An executive producer who wasn't on set didn't get charged. Only the shooter and person overseeing safety on the range were.
There isn't one. I was asking Shane, a law enforcement officer a hypothetical about a scenario where one person's liability ends, and another's culpability begins.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Unless at rare angles, when a gun fight scene is being filmed, it is not necessary for the person shooting to point the gun at a real person. All close up and single person film shots, which most will be, there never has to be a second actor across from the shooter for him to point the gun at. That is what acting is: pretending you are shooting at someone.

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless at rare angles, when a gun fight scene is being filmed, it is not necessary for the person shooting to point the gun at a real person. All close up and single person film shots, which most will be, there never has to be a second actor across from the shooter for him to point the gun act. That is what acting is: pretending you are shooting at someone.

While true, in this instance, the victim was a cinematographer. There are more bystanders on a movie/tv set than just other actors who could be down range of a firearm.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Prosecutors in New Mexico plan to drop an involuntary manslaughter charge against Alec Baldwin in the fatal 2021 shooting of a cinematographer on the set of the Western film “ Rust,” Baldwin’s attorneys said Thursday.

“We are pleased with the decision to dismiss the case against Algec Baldwin and we encourage a proper investigation into the facts and circumstances of this tragic accident,” Baldwin’s attorneys Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro said in a statement.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... Alec had to have good lawyers or that was one bad case.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Man... Alec had to have good lawyers or that was one bad case.

Or it's like countless other workplace incidents that end in civil proceedings and not crimina

If it wasn't the Santa Fe venue, this wouldn't have made it this far

There are going to be a lot of bruised deep pockets though

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Allegedly the armorer was taking cast and crew members into the desert around the set and was shooting targets. Some of the live rounds from it got mixed into the blanks. If true it's a really stupid move.

What a dingle-dong.

How do you get them mixed up, do blanks look like live rounds?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose