Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bottom line is Mickey Loomis is just getting even. Payton bailed. Now he wants to coach again and perhaps Loomis is basically sticking up his middle finger.
Get over it and take some draft compensation and move on. Being stubborn and get nothing would suck a lot more

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is none and what you are thinking of is a vastly different song which I am guessing is "The Reflex" because the title words sound similar

It's not important but here is the version I was thinking of.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Not saying one philosophy could have changed everything. But I really think if Keim focused on young Oline talent in 2020 and 2021 things might have turned out differently. A little for Keim, but a lot for Kliff and Kyler.

Im not seeing a world beating scheme in Philadelphia. However, their ability to infuse that Oline with young talent to their already great vets is impressive.

How the Chiefs reloaded on Oline with Trey Smith, Creed Humphrey. Niang was actually decent for the before getting hurt.

Rodney Huson was a good move in theory but thats where you need advanced scouting to inform you just how much he has left in the tank.

Succeed or fail with Kyler I at least think Monti is going to work to improve the trenches.
I hope your right. I was so excited about the Hudson trade, he was as close to a home run as it gets. Then it failed.

IMO with Kyler at QB you HAVE to build a good Oline. Spend less cap on WRs and RBs and invest in Oline & D.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mahomes is Mahomes, but playing a role in reversing Daniel Jones entire career arc is something to look at.

No idea how big of a voice he was in KC or NY obviously.

Did he reverse it?

What he did was make Jones throw less so he screwed up less. He played 16 games but only threw for for 3200 yards. That's 200 yards per game.

His passer rating wasn't significantly better. He threw 15 TD's vs 24 as a rookie. His YPA was bang on his career average.

All Kafka did was make him pass less and run more.

He still sucks balls.

Kafka seems to be getting a lot of credit for not really doing anything. I'm not interested in him for HC at all.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems clear the Payton issue is the Saints and that the Cards interview requests are a play to get the Saints to budge.

I'm not saying they have no interest in these guys but they could have brought them in weeks ago, Kafka especially, if they had serious interest.

I'm not too concerned about how long it's taking. It's not as if all other vacancies are filled. The only team to hire so far is the Panthers. I prefer they take their time and get the right guy.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I don’t like Payton’s character as I’ve explained, worse sportsmanship in history of earth. Even if tesaints gave us 2 first round picks and profits from the hometown movie. poor poor victim Sean Payton.

I don’t quite get Wilkes and Flores receiving coach opportunities then being the ones to sue?

Vance Joseph is the best coaching candidate standing, with his picks at 1st round linebackers and invested into the team Already.
I hope for Vance as of now

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did he reverse it?

What he did was make Jones throw less so he screwed up less. He played 16 games but only threw for for 3200 yards. That's 200 yards per game.

His passer rating wasn't significantly better. He threw 15 TD's vs 24 as a rookie. His YPA was bang on his career average.

All Kafka did was make him pass less and run more.

He still sucks balls.

Kafka seems to be getting a lot of credit for not really doing anything. I'm not interested in him for HC at all.
TO me, on the surface, that says the guy did EXACTLY what a HC needs to do. WOrk with what you got, find a way to win. Play to the abilities of your players.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Anarumo is my guess at this point. From past interviews it appears they lean towards a defensive guy and they want someone with experience. Apparently, they weren't sold on anyone they've interviewd to date, so I'm thinking it will be one of the guys they interview this week. I don't think they want to take a risk on anymore "wonder boys" who are short on experience.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get over it and take some draft compensation and move on. Being stubborn and get nothing would suck a lot more
You can bet if Payton is all in on being here he is in on the game. I believe, again if he is all in, he knows EXACTLY what the Cards are doing bringing in more in for interviews.
You can bet Payton doesn’t want to come here and give up valuable draft choices while he tries to rebuild this team.

Until we hire someone else or Payton tells the world he’s going back to the network he’s in play. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be the head coach, but today, he’s still is in.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Johnny, this is not how the script goes.

C’mon, do the Kyler hate thing again.

I got my popcorn ready.
can you do the thing where you support a bad player purely out of spite.

Popcorn is for little kids, i'll be grilling a t-bone. Rare. #Men

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you gaslighting all of us? Thats a picture of DD over a song by FGTH. Y'alls grasp on 80s music is poor at best.

It looks like a mix-up on my part based upon on the video that popped up.

I stand corrected, Frankie Goes To Hollywood did indeed perform and write the song "Relax."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson