NFL championship games thread 1-29-23

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this game alone:

Not challenging 4th down catch
Allowing penalties and not using TOs to help Johnson

I was just referring to the comment about it being 14-7 as if the fumble was due to a bad decision by Shanahan.

That was the key play in the game other than not challenging the catch. And of course Purdy getting hurt.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Of course we'd take Shan, no way he gets fired any time soon.

Reactions: PJ1

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I was just referring to the comment about it being 14-7 as if the fumble was due to a bad decision by Shanahan.

That was the key play in the game other than not challenging the catch. And of course Purdy getting hurt.
Yep run the ball punt it & hope you’re down 14-7 at half! Terrible decision by Shanahan when Johnson has always struggled throwing the rock.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
cheapshot by Hufanga
They will kill Hurts now, the next time he has the ball he gets injured ...

And I get that, they never had the Cards treatment till today...

They got a TD against them because the refs didn't see the drop...
Then they get some 50/50 calls against them
Theire QB gets injured because he ot hit after he let the ball go ... if other teams do that against them, there are flying flags
Then it the TD with 3 calls against the D at least one was bogus
Then the kicker they get pushed into, and it is again a 50/50 call against them.

NFL has slowly but sure a problem, because many are seeing this and if you understand the rules and know that the eagels do the same things and don't get flagged, it seems like the game is rigged. And that means people will leave.

And I don't say it is rigged, but clearly it has the smell somehow. And since we are cards, now in the 4th QRT we will get some flags against eagles.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t root for any injuries and hope the players are ok. But I certainly don’t feel bad for the Niners after all the injury riddled games and seasons we have endured over the years. Is what it is. Suck it up and go home for the off season.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
See the flags are coming ... the "we got bad flags as well" ... when the game is over ...

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Niners going into 2023:

Lance coming back from major injury (sucked when he did play)

Jimmy G coming back from another injury (will they keep him again or finally move on?)

Purdy coming back from elbow injury (no idea of severity)

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Garoppolo smiling on the sidelines won't go well with the fans. Guess he doesn't care since he won't be a 49'er after today.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This does show what injuries do. Cards lose players and we expect to win. Lose a player here or there and the whole game changes.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep run the ball punt it & hope you’re down 14-7 at half! Terrible decision by Shanahan when Johnson has always struggled throwing the rock.
that's just hindsight they were at the 36 yard line first down with 1;11 to go in the half. They had a chance to get in FG range. You can't predict a QB dropping a snap that hits him directly in his hands.

If that's on the 10 yard line yes run the ball and run out the clock but they're like 30 yards from FG range