• Sean Payton

• Brian Flores

• Vance Joseph (edited)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It might be the hopium but that makes a lot of sense.
Yes because Dan Quinn stayed in Dallas for a reason, Jerry Jones knows he can control him if & when he becomes the HC, a controlling owner will not work with Sean Payton. Hopefully like I said above it's to have a talk with Kyler before he decides on taking the job or not? Too many people are letting it be known that Payton is very interested & doesn't wanna go back to the Fox studio. Time will tell. I'm hoping by Sunday during the AFC & NFC championship games news starts to be leaked he's our guy?

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
still have high hopes for Payton but will be good with Flores if he has a good coordinators. I think he has the make up of a good to great head coach.
Flores' offensive coordinators in Miami were bad. If the Cards hire him, he needs to have a lot better offensive coordinator than in Miami.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Going with Payton.

I've been rethinking today's deafening silence. Going the full day makes me think that there's still work going on behind the scenes to make this deal work. If he'd flatly declined, or we decided against it, I think the news would be out by now.

My assumption is that we're dealing with a three-way detente between Ossenfort not wanting to give up too much power (and picks) after just getting the job, the Saints overreaching for picks, and Payton holding the cards (pun intended) based on how picks and personnel go.

I doubt money is gonna be the problem here.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whatever draft capital we would have to give up this year could be conditional. As in let us keep them, trade down to get more picks and then give the Saints the conditional round pick we agreed upon. Though I know it doesn't work that way

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Listening to Gambo on the podcast I'm totally surprised he didn't even wonder why Payton left the interview & flew to Dallas? Him of all people not even being curious about that. The interview from what I read was 7-8 hours long, that doesn't seem like nothing to me. Kyler lives in Dallas or close, connect the dots here, maybe he wants to show Kyler the offense & how he will fit in before deciding? Maybe I just want Payton to be hired too bad & I'm imagining **** lol?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to Gambo on the podcast I'm totally surprised he didn't even wonder why Payton left the interview & flew to Dallas? Him of all people not even being curious about that. The interview from what I read was 7-8 hours long, that doesn't seem like nothing to me. Kyler lives in Dallas or close, connect the dots here, maybe he wants to show Kyler the offense & how he will fit in before deciding? Maybe I just want Payton to be hired too bad & I'm imagining **** lol?
I’m kinda of thinking it’s Payton until we hear it isn’t, or the Cards are bringing a previous interviewee for a 2nd look. If the latter happens Payton is history.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Funny enough that would actually be more quality than Purdue intern Drew Brees as Offensive Coordinator.

I hereby petition to stop QuebecCard from playing #MaddenFranchiseMode.

Save the petition. I never have or will.

And, yes, I'd be overjoyed if the first-ballot Hall of Famer joined his former H-C as QB Coach.

One would have to be congenitally dim not to see the advantage of this association with KM.

Last edited:

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Based on history it will be

Vance as HC
Wilks as DC
McCoy or Leftwich as OC

The Mike Bidwill Dream team

SP seems more available now than ever but only if he wants to be available. He might want the Booth and 2024 as his new gig. The Cards need to move on this but nothing higher than a 2nd.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That seriously made me laugh..gotta laugh during these times.

I feel the SP deal is very alive. Picks are being worked out.
MB knows this is is shot here.
I kind of feel like that also, 7-8 hours is how long the Payton interview lasted, I can't imagine how an interview would last that long without plenty of things getting worked out for a deal. Bidwill knows he needs to get this hire right & hopefully he ain't planning to take a chance on unproven coaches. I'm hoping something is announced on Sunday during the conference championship games or on Monday.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe he wants Kyler to feel included.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
O
I kind of feel like that also, 7-8 hours is how long the Payton interview lasted, I can't imagine how an interview would last that long without plenty of things getting worked out for a deal. Bidwill knows he needs to get this hire right & hopefully he ain't planning to take a chance on unproven coaches. I'm hoping something is announced on Sunday during the conference championship games or on Monday.
I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Mike, Monti and Sean got Loomis on a conference call to hammer out a deal. Deal has been agreed upon and now they are just taking a couple of days to make sure everyone wants to move forward. I'd guess it's about an 80% chance Sean will announce tomorrow if he's staying at Fox or coming to AZ.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Funny enough that would actually be more quality than Purdue intern Drew Brees as Offensive Coordinator.

I hereby petition to stop QuebecCard from playing #MaddenFranchiseMode.
Drew Brees knows the Sean Payton offense better than what he currently knows at Purdue. Payton would call the plays & Brees would be OC by title alone if that were to happen. I'd welcome that move, hopefully QB coach also? He knows a thing or 2 about short QB's. Try again dude, you're not funny.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose