Mavericks @ Suns Thursday game thread 1-26-2023

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of The Cool Bros, Leader Of The Darkside, The Borg and now The Attack Dog.

I gotta say… those are some pretty awesome titles that have been bestowed upon on me over these two decades of joy on this site.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
One of The Cool Bros, Leader Of The Darkside, The Borg and now The Attack Dog.

I gotta say… those are some pretty awesome titles that have been bestowed upon on me over these two decades of joy on this site.
Two decades of joy? Come on, it’s three months, tops.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Lol. This team won 64 games last year. Tonight they’re really only missing book. This isn’t a magically athletic team. It wins on skill and IQ and scheme. But the mavs play an interesting defense where they typically aren’t on players they play in passing lanes. And monty just can’t figure it out. There’s too much evidence at this juncture to think otherwise. Defend monty all you want but he’s been undressed by kidd time and time again now.
their backcourt is bad and matchup for Chris Paul. they make him uncomfortable and it throws everything off.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
their backcourt is a and matchup for Chris Paul. they make him uncomfortable and it throws everything off.
Yep. Kidd has Paul completely figured out and befuddled. CP3 makes the most of it by his experience and whatever skills remain… but it ain’t nearly enough.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah we by no means lost this game because of CP3. We lost because we aren’t converting our opportunities in the paint and missing easy shots. Ayton needs to go man. I’m legit done. And I get it, he’s sick….the dude is mentally fragile.

He said tonight was a playoff game and though he was dominant on the boards, the lack to create his own/and or go up strong and through contact was why we lost.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Is the Mavs defense really that good to make us look that pathetic? Is Kidd twice the coach that Monty is? I don’t get this Dallas dynamic. Especially when we had the Mavs number until last years playoff and now they own our soul.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh… how? You called me an attack dog. I’m pretty sure I get to run with that once you’ve labeled me so.

I was referring to the mocking by the moderator.

But you have been running with that label for quite a while now due to comments that are much worse and more frequent. Do you think people enjoy your venom?

Some us come here to hang out and enjoy the game and support the team. It still amazes me that others are here for the added reason of giving people ****. What a wonderful place! Not

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve never seen a Suns game day thread get so ridiculous. It happens every Sunday with the Cardinals that game day thread is bad.

I think it’s crystal clear Kidd has figured out Monty and Monty is helpless.

Ayton
Hate: 6/20 FGA
Love: 7/10 FTA
Love: 20 rebounds.

His shot was off first game back meh. At this point honestly I hope he gets traded. I don’t think there has ever been a player that divides this fan base like Ayton. It’s human nature to want to be validated and when he has a bad night the Ayton critics scream to high Heaven I TOLD YOU SO.

Bridges I’m good with him being moved to. Let me know when our defensive stopper actually stops anyone in an important game. That stupid 3 point celebration has to go and I blame Monty for letting amateur hour stuff like that go.

I am SHOCKED these two teams have the same record. The sky is falling in Phoenix, yet Luka is getting MVP talk in Dallas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA