Dan Quinn

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He wasn't fired by the Vikings. Brad Childress was fired and his staff were let go. He wasn't fired by the Lions, Matt Patricia was. He wasn't fired by the Jags. Urban Meyer was.

The only time he's been fired is by the Seahawks. After going to two Superbowls, winning one and having a top 5 offense 5 years in a row. Even the year he was fired the Seahawks offense was top 15 and 14th by DVOA.

Up until 2018 he had a 114 - 77 record while an OC. Granted that's been crapped on a bit after 3 years at the Lions and Jags.

He wouldn't be my first choice but you don't OC 225 games if you suck, and as I said, he has experience working with short QB's and having success.
In a league desperate for offensive coaches you are saying that he is good but also been let go 4 times. I mean, believe what you want but I am pretty sure if he was viewed as anything more than replacement level, he wouldn't be available.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In a league desperate for offensive coaches you are saying that he is good but also been let go 4 times. I mean, believe what you want but I am pretty sure if he was viewed as anything more than replacement level, he wouldn't be available.

Sure. Replacement level guy has 225 games on him and a superbowl.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
So that just leaves Flores if Payton declines.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Rumor is that Jerry paid him more or promised him he'd be the next coach when they fire their current guy.
I’m sure Jerry has offered to pay him more. Of corse Jerry has already publicly made Jerryesque comments about Quinn being a future head coach in Dallas. the cowboys really need to draft or sign a good interior d-lineman for them to make it to the next level on defense.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Guess that makes sense. Seahawk fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

He has had some success though.
Seahawks fans hated Bevel, then they hated the next guy because the offense looked the same, which caused them to blame Pete. Then Russ left and the offense completely changed and everyone realized it wasn't Pete running a dinosaur offense, the OCs were just working around Russ's weaknesses.

I think he'd be okay.

Card4Life

Rookie
Reaction score
My worst fear was that we would take too long to make the hire and end up having to go with whomever is left.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose