POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If SP interviews other teams remotely but he actually comes over to our facility its a good sign.
Maybe we are his top choice, especially with the personal history of being a ball boy for the franchise back in St. Louis. What a fantastic finish to a great career if he could take us to and win the Super Bowl.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Steve Wilks….Kliff Kingsbury…. Sean Payton.
That would be quite a step up, huh?
Sounds like Carolina may go with Wilks (HC) and Reich (OC)...that's a pretty good combination, based on recent history. Wilks was given garbage to work with in AZ and looked absolutely lost, but he did a heck of a job replacing Matt Rhule and almost made the playoffs with a crap QB and trading away their best player.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Carolina may go with Wilks (HC) and Reich (OC)...that's a pretty good combination, based on recent history. Wilks was given garbage to work with in AZ and looked absolutely lost, but he did a heck of a job replacing Matt Rhule and almost made the playoffs with a crap QB and trading away their best player.
Carolina just hired Reich as HC.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure I like one of my options pulled off the board unless it's a good sign FR decided he wasn't waiting around for our announcement of SP.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, if, as the Snake says, they've already agreed to compensation and staff, we are a step away from a signature.

Maybe there's another dimension of negotiation I'm missing, but can't see why MB makes the personal flight to Dallas to pick up Quinn in these circumstances.
Because he can.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe we are his top choice, especially with the personal history of being a ball boy for the franchise back in St. Louis. What a fantastic finish to a great career if he could take us to and win the Super Bowl.
Instant credibility for the entire franchise of he's hired IMO

If MB can let the FO go their job and not meddle them we could have a successful team for more than just 1 year

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
News from Denver - Payton liked the interview and likes the idea of coaching Wilson and having that defense, but there is a rumor about a possible power struggle with a member of the ownership team that worries him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
News from Denver - Payton liked the interview and likes the idea of coaching Wilson and having that defense, but there is a rumor about a possible power struggle with a member of the ownership team that worries him.
He's worried one of the Walton's may want to roll back prices and salaries.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Quinn or who? I can't see Payton here, he's just going to cost too much all the way around. I may, MAY mind you, change my opinion about MB if he pulls of a Payton hire. At least I will have a little bit of hope, not much, but a little. Cardinal Fan Derangement Syndrome is strong in me. I am not leaving the Dark Side even if Payton is hired. I will just wait and see.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quinn or who? I can't see Payton here, he's just going to cost too much all the way around. I may, MAY mind you, change my opinion about MB if he pulls of a Payton hire. At least I will have a little bit of hope, not much, but a little. Cardinal Fan Derangement Syndrome is strong in me. I am not leaving the Dark Side even if Payton is hired. I will just wait and see.
This is real amongst us

How many times have we said "we can't have good things"?

I'll tired of Lucy pulling the football at the last second

Time for us to feel good?

It would be so huge for all of us and the entire fan base

We'll have to wait and see with caution

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose