Wk 3 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 1/23/23-1/29/23

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is an outlier year for this, he'd been near the top every other year. That still bugs me, because it seems so odd, so off, with no seemingly reasonable explanation. Did the high safety just completely obliterate his strength? Is that all it took? There's gotta be more to it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah, Kyler didn't stink. This was all down to the coaching/injuries/other players/the stars/the deep state/whatever other excuse we can come up with. THAT'S the real reason Kyler couldn't throw deep. Although you'd think the "deep" state would help with that.

Imagine being worse than Joe Flacco...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, Kyler didn't stink. This was all down to the coaching/injuries/other players/the stars/the deep state/whatever other excuse we can come up with. THAT'S the real reason Kyler couldn't throw deep. Although you'd think the "deep" state would help with that.
Didn’t @PACardsFan say he was closer to spectacular? :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not an endorsement for Kyler but we do have to consider all the factors of his play.
Not even considering injuries because it’s not like we had to play with just 9 or 10 players.
But I do think this “ innovated” offense and play calling was less than stellar. Too many times we’d hit on a play and NEVER go back to it.
Too many times we failed to take advantage of a mismatch forcing the defense to adjust to said mismatch. Too many times we failed to take advantage of the little speed we had using crossing patterns either medium or short.
Too many times we went empty backfield with this o-line.
Too many time we resorted to a trick play when there wasn’t a need.

Yes, Kyler deserves his share of the blame. I’m hoping a new coach can redesign an offense that asks Kyler to just be a QB and not the Messiah.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is for those that struggle with the English language. What I said was that he was closer to being exceptional than he was to stinking. That, in reality, he was somewhere in between the two. Funny how the Murray haters continue to leave my last sentence out.

That would mean he was at least above average and he clearly wasn't.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is an outlier year for this, he'd been near the top every other year. That still bugs me, because it seems so odd, so off, with no seemingly reasonable explanation. Did the high safety just completely obliterate his strength? Is that all it took? There's gotta be more to it.
The only thing that changed was he got paid! He took the money and ran.
Many have worried that his passion for the game isn't what it should be. He's definitely no Brady or Manning when it comes to passion to be great.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The only thing that changed was he got paid! He took the money and ran.
Many have worried that his passion for the game isn't what it should be. He's definitely no Brady or Manning when it comes to passion to be great.
That doesn't really make sense. His strength should be his strength regardless, even if it took a hit and he didn't try as hard. It plummeted completely.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s such a 180 from what he’s done before that you have to expect it to revert to the mean, hopefully.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is for those that struggle with the English language. What I said was that he was closer to being exceptional than he was to stinking. That, in reality, he was somewhere in between the two. Funny how the Murray haters continue to leave my last sentence out.
I really like Kyler Murray as a player. I think he is the best young QB in Arizona Cardinals history.

But he wasn't exceptional in anyway last year. Whatever reason you can throw out there, he didn't overcome any of them.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyler was bad last year. I don't know the statistical basis that can be argued otherwise.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It’s such a 180 from what he’s done before that you have to expect it to revert to the mean, hopefully.
Well, it's a 180 from what he's done sometimes, what he's capable of. We've seen plenty go wrong with him in other seasons, too. He caught fire the first half of the season last year, and that was amazing. If he could ever sustain that, he would be amazing. We haven't seen anything to show us he can, sadly. The mean for him is hyper mercurial, it seems.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That would mean he was at least above average and he clearly wasn't.
Not really. "Somewhere in between" could be closer to stinking than exceptional or closer to exceptional than stinking. It is a cya nebulous qualifier. Can be interpreted any number of ways. The declarative statement trumps the nebulous qualifier to me. But, that's just IMO.
Anyway, I hope Kyler comes out swinging and becomes the caliber of QB that he's been paid to be. Otherwise, he's just stealing.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It's amazing to think that Collins and Simmons had the three best plays in that video IMO.

That hit on Renfrow and the pick 6 on Dalton were incredible plays from Isaiah. And I still remember the Lance hit at the goal line last year. Some incredible stuff from him at times.

We just need so much more out of them.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing to think that Collins and Simmons had the three best plays in that video IMO.

That hit on Renfrow and the pick 6 on Dalton were incredible plays from Isaiah. And I still remember the Lance hit at the goal line last year. Some incredible stuff from him at times.

We just need so much more out of them.
His stats on “game changing” type plays are really really really good. We just need him to do all the little thing in between as well.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His stats on “game changing” type plays are really really really good. We just need him to do all the little thing in between as well.
Not just little things, the big things too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose