NFL Player you Remember 1st Admiring as a Kid

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Neil Lomax

4600+ passing yards in 1984. Four games that year with a 120+ pure passer rating, and it captured the imagination of a young CW.

He was a little streaky, but the man could flat out spin it. He was a bit ahead of his time.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say Joe Namath and Len Dawson but I am not sure which was first.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Joe Willie Namath. However I also remember my older brother and I went gaga over Cincy’s Greg Cook during his single awesome, spellbinding, and tantalizing 1969 season.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Jim Brown, Fran Tarkenton, Walter Payton and Barry Sanders.

I also followed Danny White and Bob Breunig, who both went to ASU. I also attended high school with Bob here at Alhambra High. I met Danny once and that is when he was touring for the troops in Thailand.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Not there, but who knows? Maybe I am not loved and no one cares?? Anyway, my first post was the answer, Y.A. Tittle was my first NFL "hero".
Yelberton Abraham Tittle, that is a name I would not have expected on this board. I remember that when I was young, and even to this day, what I think of when his name comes up is always his bald head.

He was the first pro football player to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

It´s a wonder that he lived till 90 without a full head of hair. He is fortunate that he lived in a period of time where hats were so popular. Everyone wore a hat when dressed. They never went anywhere without wearing a hat. Sort of funny to see a pic of.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA