ESPN Believes Cards Can Be a Quick Rebuild.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jags just did it. Albeit they had much more draft and cap capital to spend.
The Jags pre-Trevor Lawrence were an absolute dumpster fire. No WRs, poor OL, no QB, no RBs, no TEs. Defense had a few pieces, but lots of holes as well.

If the Cardinals can resign Murphy and Allen and have a stellar draft, they should be on the right path. The biggest fix is getting Murray to play to his capabilities. That was the single biggest issue this year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Jags pre-Trevor Lawrence were an absolute dumpster fire. No WRs, poor OL, no QB, no RBs, no TEs. Defense had a few pieces, but lots of holes as well.

If the Cardinals can resign Murphy and Allen and have a stellar draft, they should be on the right path. The biggest fix is getting Murray to play to his capabilities. That was the single biggest issue this year.
We gotta acknowledge the AFC South has two awfully-ran teams & a Tennessee team looking like they might go through a mini-rebuild while our division has the heavyweight 9ers, competitive Seahawks, & questionable, but still high ceiling Rams.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really what Kyler needs to focus on is signaling how great of a person he is on Instagram and jumping through hoops for sports media types that are closer to tabloid writers than actual journalists. This is after all what determines if he has the right mental makeup to be a quarterback.

Strawman much.

There's no "jumping through hoops" in being a normal NFL quarterback. Two or three network appearances a year, doesn't even have to be in person. The occasional podcast. The occasional bit of local radio.

Don't try to suggest there is anything unusual about it and Kyler's behaviour is normal. It isn't.

Zero media appearances in 4 years is not normal behavior. Which is just another line on a long list of not normal things with Kyler.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

The main difference with Jags was Lawrence. Went from 12/17 TD to INT to 25/8. And extra yard per attempt and 7% higher completion percentage.

Of course he went from being coached by trainwreck Urban to SB-winning Doug Pederson.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why can’t Kyler be more like Tom Brady and do media tours/social media about his family (divorced, kids with two moms) and businesses (pimping a Ponzi scheme)!?!?

Why can't Kyler just be like a normal quarterback and show up somewhere in the media sometimes and talk about football and himself? Like literally every other QB in the league.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Why can't Kyler just be like a normal quarterback and show up somewhere in the media sometimes and talk about football and himself? Like literally every other QB in the league.
Google is your friend Brit

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Strawman much.

There's no "jumping through hoops" in being a normal NFL quarterback. Two or three network appearances a year, doesn't even have to be in person. The occasional podcast. The occasional bit of local radio.

Don't try to suggest there is anything unusual about it and Kyler's behaviour is normal. It isn't.

Zero media appearances in 4 years is not normal behavior. Which is just another line on a long list of not normal things with Kyler.
I know a guy who has Asperger’s Syndrome. A lot like Kyler socially. Not diagnosing Kyler but it’s possible.

Asperger syndrome generally involves:​

• Difficulty with social interactions
  • Restricted interests
  • Desire for sameness
  • Distinctive strengths

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yup. Every single one on the regular.

It has everything to do with football. How you are as a person is how you are as a player. No media, no charity work, no PR is just odd and indicates a reclusive, selfish character.

Go to work, go home, play video games.

Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lamar, Cousins, Dak, heck probably every QB in the league has a charitable foundation. Not Kyler. Even Andy Dalton has one.

You don't think that being the only starting QB (certainly the only high profile one) in the league with no media, no charity work, no PR work and that does nothing in the local community is indicative of some serious character issues?

I know some here are going to defend him but that's just weird. Really weird.

as for "Foundation" dont put so much stock in them. They are purely a tax shelter. I posted a lot on that several years ago.. establishing a foundation just allows a guy to protect his signing bonus. They get to declare how much they are going to donate to it over the next several years and keep the money now. Then pay the terms at the end if they failed to make the donations based on the income from that year... so instead of paying taxes on their 50mil signing bonus they end up paying taxes on 8mil 5 years from now.

Kyler stays in Texas. Texas does not have state income tax. If he spends 181 days in Texas he doesnt have to file multi state IIRC, but he does have to maintain Texas residency to get that benefit.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Next

Which to me says a perceived introvert can be changed with proper support and improved self confidence. There is little issue that Herbert was viewed as socially limited. You bring in PR people capable of honing Murray’s skills. He’s clearly bright enough and has solid verbal skills. Then you get a staff that helps him play to his strengths On the field.

However for the moment go to YouTube. Put in “kyler murray interview.” You will find several appearances highlighted there. It’s not his strength, so why try to exploit it. Nonetheless he’s been on several shows. I would agree he’s guarded during some appearances.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I know a guy who has Asperger’s Syndrome. A lot like Kyler socially. Not diagnosing Kyler but it’s possible.

• Restricted interests
  • Desire for sameness
  • Distinctive strengths
Zero media appearances!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Google is your friend Brit

I stand corrected. 4 in 4 years totalling about 35 minutes.

It's not never. It's just extremely rare.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sure. You don't think an ability to handle an 8 minute fluff piece of Rich Eisen about your fat new contract or your MVP calibre season so far and being able to lead a room of 53 guys is related?

Because the 2nd one is harder than the 1st one.
Hard disagree.
Dude, I hate cameras. There probably are not 100 pictures of adult me in existence, and zero videos. My momma has about 300 family photos all over her living room walls, and there is only 1 of me. Being in front of a camera, any camera, makes me feel really creepy.

But put me in front of a small group and I will motivate the hell out of them. Powerpoint presentation, motivational speech, informational seminar.. Im your guy. Just dont film it or take my picture.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

• Restricted interests
  • Desire for sameness
  • Distinctive strengths
I have aspergers syndrome. It can be difficult as an adult. Society fails to recognize disabilities without a visual indicator.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yes, we often fail to note that there was an 11th commandment on the tablets Moses carried down from the mount:

11. Thou shall self-promote.

;)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

• Restricted interests
  • Desire for sameness
  • Distinctive strengths
I know several people that have Asperger including a family member. He doesn't have it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We gotta acknowledge the AFC South has two awfully-ran teams & a Tennessee team looking like they might go through a mini-rebuild while our division has the heavyweight 9ers, competitive Seahawks, & questionable, but still high ceiling Rams.
I don't disagree, but as we have seen, things can change real quick.

The Niners have been an up and down team. Deebo, Kittle, and a few other players (McCaffrey) have all been relatively healthy this year after quite a few years of injuries. Will that keep up? Is Brock Purdy going to continue playing out of his mind? There are major questions.

The Seahawks got ridiculously good play based on expectations from Geno Smith. Will that continue? Will they resign him?

The Rams have some issues. That offensive line isn't good when healthy. Stafford has health issues. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that the Rams aren't a winning team next year.

Draft Anderson, resign Murphy/Allen and Hernandez. Sign a few decent, cheaper vets for the OL and have the youngsters battle for starting positions. Bring in a competent coach. Get Murray right. Try to keep Hopkins around for one more year. If things break right, the Cardinals can still be in the hunt in November.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The league as a whole thinks more highly of Kyler than this board does but yes there’s still some question marks there. Of course the overall roster is below average thanks to Keim.

We also forget that 7 of the 16 teams make the playoffs. It’s not that big of a lift even in ‘23 if we get 12 games of healthy Kyler with his wires uncrossed. SB contenders of course not but if the above comes together no reason we couldn’t have a season like this year’s Seahawks or Giants or Jacksonville

Plus our record in one score games was a real outlier. It's fixable if not this year than the next.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
People rarely pick up on the things not being done. Either way it's very obviously not happening and it's very obviously a very unique thing in the NFL. And anyone with any balance should be concerned that their starting QB has some uniquely negative traits.

Only someone deluding themselves would say that their QB not doing any media, PR, community or charity work in 4 years is a good thing.
Exaggeration

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Show me his charity stuff then. I'll wait. You said there is loads on Google. Shouldn't take long.
you’re right it didn’t take long. Here’s just a few

Kyler Murray gives $20K to AZ youth organizations, downplays scrubbing Cards photos

Kyler Murray donates $20,000 to pair of local Arizona organizations​

KiwiCard

Rookie
Reaction score
If Kyler did more media, Britcard you would be going thru it with a fine teethed comb to find one small part to tear him down further. The poor guy is on a hiding to nothing with you.